Where do you volenteer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2492 Old 12-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post
Where do you volenteer?
I try to keep specific details that involve other people out of my posts.
#2493 Old 12-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Sorry. Just kinda meant like what dirt of volenteer work not a specific place. Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2494 Old 12-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I've always wanted to volunteer at an animal sactuary.
#2495 Old 12-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Veggie Recycler

My favorite thing is when they enjoy vegan cooking. To me that is the nicest thing of all, because when I let them know it's vegan they naturally have an insight that vegan food can taste good without me having to explain or teach them anything.
Purp, LedBoots and Riuma like this.
#2496 Old 01-04-2016, 10:56 AM

Today I just finished classes and was going back home with a couple of classmates. I asked one of them if the coat she was wearing was real fur and she said it probably is cause it cost her a lot of money. To which another meat-eater classmate jokingly said "oh it feels nice" while touched her coat, then continued "it's nice to feel the suffering of others", so he slowly started telling us stuff about animal cruelty and that we should watch Earthlings and stuff. I really appreciated that and I didn't have to say one word about it.
Sure, I asked him then if Earthlings changed his life in some way and he said not so much to give up meat, but he wouldn't buy a fur coat. It's not a big victory, but it's still something. At least he's aware and doesn't like it, maybe something will change in the future as well, but I was glad that he was the one telling them about this stuff.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#2497 Old 07-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

I went camping last weekend with a bunch of omnivores and I brought Field Roast Italian sausages and Dandies marshmallows to roast over the fire, they all were curious about my food and tried it and in the end they all LOVED it and everyone ate my food instead of their own!

One of them even said the Field Roast are better than meat sausages and another said the Dandies marshmallows were amazing, I think I changed some minds about vegan food that day.

Purp, LedBoots, Symondezyn and 1 others like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Last edited by Werewolf Girl; 07-31-2016 at 12:56 PM.
#2498 Old 07-31-2016, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

We had a pitch in at work, and the sign advertising it specified that vegetarian dishes were preferred. I thought that was a nice gesture, since probably only 10% of us eat any sort of meat-restricted diet.
Purp, LedBoots, Symondezyn and 1 others like this.
#2499 Old 07-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I broke my left leg about three weeks ago, and I’m across the country from my Virginia home. I’ve been in my little condo apartment here in Portland recovering for 15 days now, and everything I eat has been bought for me or cooked for me by an omnivore. Every bite I had in three days at Emanuel hospital was plant-based. Every bite at home has been plant based and made almost entirely out of whole food. My daughter, friends, friends of my daughter, my sister and brother-in-law, my brother and sister-in-law, omni all, who have taken turns visiting or staying with me, and they turn out to be kind and accommodating vegan cooks. And when they eat with me, they’re nearly always eating these plant-based dishes too. One exception is when someone brings me vegan drumsticks from Fire On the Mountain. They will usually buy chicken wings for themselves, but they do get rid of all traces of it as they clean up and leave. I am drowning in gratitude here!
#2500 Old 07-31-2016, 11:51 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Kennedy View Post
I broke my left leg about three weeks ago, and I’m across the country from my Virginia home. I’ve been in my little condo apartment here in Portland recovering for 15 days now, and everything I eat has been bought for me or cooked for me by an omnivore. Every bite I had in three days at Emanuel hospital was plant-based. Every bite at home has been plant based and made almost entirely out of whole food. My daughter, friends, friends of my daughter, my sister and brother-in-law, my brother and sister-in-law, omni all, who have taken turns visiting or staying with me, and they turn out to be kind and accommodating vegan cooks. And when they eat with me, they’re nearly always eating these plant-based dishes too. One exception is when someone brings me vegan drumsticks from Fire On the Mountain. They will usually buy chicken wings for themselves, but they do get rid of all traces of it as they clean up and leave. I am drowning in gratitude here!
Omg I am so sorry about your leg break! I hope you heal fast and well. What a great support system you have, and to have all veg food for you is so thoughtful and helpful for you! I have a suspicion that you have helped them in the past in some ways and they are happy to pay you back! ((((Hugs)))) for the healing!
#2501 Old 08-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I went camping last weekend with a bunch of omnivores and I brought Field Roast Italian sausages and Dandies marshmallows to roast over the fire, they all were curious about my food and tried it and in the end they all LOVED it and everyone ate my food instead of their own!

One of them even said the Field Roast are better than meat sausages and another said the Dandies marshmallows were amazing, I think I changed some minds about vegan food that day.

Wait a minute. I thought you lived in Vancouver, BC, where you had to be vegan or you were cast out of the province.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2502 Old 10-22-2016, 08:31 PM

I've wondered many a time if my dad is sociopathic but one reason that would possibly disprove that (I was still very young when this happened, so it was probably easy for him to say anyway.) is how he stopped me from stomping on any more ants, possibly making me develop more sympathy, because I was very sadistic towards ants as a young child and then the last time I stomped on any of them is when my dad told me, "Hey, that's not nice. They have their own lives."
Purp and Riuma like this.
#2503 Old 11-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Baked cookies for Thanskgiving.[vegan] I have half as many as I made left because apparently my family LOVED them. And they were well AWARE of them being vegan cookies. My sister stole the batter at one point and I kinda had to cut her off from it so I'd still have cookie dough to stick into the oven. But VICTORY.

Also I apparently owe my family their own batch of those when I serve them at a party this weekend.
Werewolf Girl, Purp and Riuma like this.
#2504 Old 11-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post
Baked cookies for Thanskgiving.[vegan] I have half as many as I made left because apparently my family LOVED them. And they were well AWARE of them being vegan cookies. My sister stole the batter at one point and I kinda had to cut her off from it so I'd still have cookie dough to stick into the oven. But VICTORY.

Also I apparently owe my family their own batch of those when I serve them at a party this weekend.
I want to taste those cookies now!
Purp and Riuma like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Tags
vegan-food , Vegan , vegan-cake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page