Flatulence, bloating, acne - what could it be? A food intolerance? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

In the last week or so in particular, no change in diet, i have noticed that i am *ahem* farting a LOT (my parents said that if they lit a match in my room it would explode because there was so much gas in it). My stomach is also bubbling a lot, and i have pretty bad acne. Im starting to think it might be a food intolerance to wheat or soy. Anyone else have/ had similar symptoms? Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

what makes you think its soy or wheat specifically? have you tried omitting one of them for your diet for 2 weeks to see if it makes any difference, then reintroducing it to see if your symptoms come back? have you changed your diet or stress levels or taken antibiotics or any other new prescription drugs recently? those things can cause an upset in your digestive flora. you might want to try taking a probiotic for a while before going messing about with your diet- thats what i'd do.
#3 Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Veggie Regular

i, too, suspect a digestive flora issue foremost.

my recommendation is to do a candida cleanse and then take a probiotic. candida is an overabundance of yeast, usually brought on because other flora have disappeared (usually due to antibiotic use), and typically causes those symptoms.

worth trying anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Just wondering - are cleanses safe for teens?
#5 Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I think it could be related to your reproductive hormones, which affect your liver as well.... I'm on the other end of the scale, with menopause. I had a bout of similar symptomes, very intense.... with constipation as well, but without the acne, although I did have a couple of pimples that went away practically overnight. I tried probiotics, but what really helped me the most was a herbal remedy for the liver consisting of: boldo, artichoke and dandelion. I would also have a cup of hot water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed into it upon rising, every day. Also, be sure to include carrots in your diet, particularly raw ones.
#6 Old 02-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i, too, suspect a digestive flora issue foremost.

my recommendation is to do a candida cleanse and then take a probiotic. candida is an overabundance of yeast, usually brought on because other flora have disappeared (usually due to antibiotic use), and typically causes those symptoms.

worth trying anyway.

How do you do a cleanse? And what is a candida cleanse? Haha sorry if thats a stupid question, but I have no idea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page