How old were you when you became veg*n? - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM

From birth and since joining VB working my way towards a vegan diet! smiley.gif

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Veggie Regular

19. I thought about it before then, but waited until I was in college and out on my own out of fear of how my family would react.

#93 Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 AM

I got interested in vegetarianism at 17. I just keep on falling off and picking myself up again. I went on an off period last year and I'm looking to get myself back on now at 27. I don't think I'm as convicted now as when I first started but it makes sense to me logically which is why I keep on coming back to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 07-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Beginner

29. smiley.gif
#95 Old 07-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Beginner

Went vegetarian when I was 14 for two years then failed.

Learned about factory farming at 20 and went vegetarian.

Learned more about factory farming at 21 and am now turning fully vegan, I'm proud to say.

I love my friends. So I don't eat them
I love animals. So I don't eat them either
#96 Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Beginner

went veggie at 16 and started following vegan lifestyle for about 4 months now transition wasn't really that hard tbh, could easily do this for the rest of my life. oh I'm 21 turn 22 this year.

#97 Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Zelda Freak

Ate vegetarian on and off as a kid - mom was on again, off again veg.

By 14 or 15 I decided to quit eating meat (no more on again off again stuff), but didn't totally 100% quit all meat until I was 17 - I ate some chicken very rarely from 15 to 17. After 17, didn't eat meat for about 17 to 18 years or so, then for 1.5 or 2 years went back to eating fish and chicken (I think I went nuts for a while). Now I'm full vegetarian again. Wow, this post has now made me feel super old :( 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#98 Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM

I became a vegetarian when I was 14 and then went back to eating meat when I was 23.  I came back to being a vegetarian two years ago when I was 36. 

#99 Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post

I became a vegetarian when I was 14 and then went back to eating meat when I was 23.  I came back to being a vegetarian two years ago when I was 36. 

That's similar to me. I became vegetarian when I was 15 and went back to eating meat when I was 20. I continued to eat meat even though I never felt right about it until I went vegan three years ago when I was 38. 

#100 Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Beginner

Quote:

for which reasons did you come back to eating meat after almost 10 years of vegetarism? sorry I am curious

#101 Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saretta View Post

for which reasons did you come back to eating meat after almost 10 years of vegetarism? sorry I am curious

I got very sick at that time and the doctor told me that one of the reasons was that I was a vegetarian.  I think he was wrong and it had to do with the fact that I was poor and couldnt really afford much food at all. 

#102 Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Beginner

I became vegan at 14, vegetarian at 26, vegetarian again at 32, and vegan again at 32.

#103 Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I got very sick at that time and the doctor told me that one of the reasons was that I was a vegetarian.  I think he was wrong and it had to do with the fact that I was poor and couldnt really afford much food at all. 

ok i understans. how doctors can be silly sometimes. some of them unfortunately aren't open- minding

however I hope that everything ok for you now and that you can enjoy being vegan. take care

#104 Old 07-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I was almost 20 when I became vegetarian, but had become a pescetarian when I was 16 (in the late 1960s). The word "pescetarian" didn't exist when I was one, so I sometimes referred to myself as a vegetarian in my teens.

(I hope it's not my fault that so many people think vegetarians eat fish!!)

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#105 Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Beginner

no, it isn't your fault at all. But i am fed up with people who say that vegetarian is just not eating meat!!!!! 

#106 Old 07-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I was almost 20 when I became vegetarian, but had become a pescetarian when I was 16 (in the late 1960s). The word "pescetarian" didn't exist when I was one, so I sometimes referred to myself as a vegetarian in my teens.

(I hope it's not my fault that so many people think vegetarians eat fish!!)

Aha! We have found the culprit! grin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page