"Happy Turkey Day" - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Beginner

Seriously, if I hear this one more time I'm going to lose it. It's "Thanksgiving" not "Turkey Day."

I need a response to this one. Anyone got a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Well-meaning Jerk: "Happy Turkey Day!"

Me: "Not for the turkey."
#3 Old 11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

You can act like you're correcting what they just said and say: "You mean Happy KILL-a-Turkey Day"

I don't have anything more clever...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Smile and wish them a Happy Tofurkey Day.

Or, if you're not that gutsy, you could say, "You have a happy Thanksgiving too."

My issue is with people telling me not to eat too much turkey. I just smile and say, "I won't have to worry about that." :Confused looks:

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#5 Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

You can also say "I'm not Turkish, you ****".

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#6 Old 11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

"No, it's sad turkey day."

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned

or say Have a Happy Gluttony day!!! If you want to add more do like the Christians do with Christmas stating they are offended by Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. They perfer merry Christmas however, instead of Christmas its Thanksgivings. So if someone says Happy Turkey Day say Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day the real meaning of the holiday.
#8 Old 11-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

"Happy Tofurkey Day!" (Peace beat me to it!)
#9 Old 11-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Smile and wish them a Happy Tofurkey Day.

That's what I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

You can also say "I'm not Turkish, you ****".

I like!

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#10 Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM

I work in an office and this phrase is the new "hi" today. I went a-googling and am so thrilled to have found this post. Thanks for all the great reply suggestions!

Also, I am now a new member of veggieboards, so at least something good has come of all the "happy turkey day" wishes.

Hope you all have a wonderful time with your friends and family tomorrow! I especially wish you extra patience, peace, and harmony when dining with meat-eaters who will undoubtedly offer their sympathy to you for "being unable to eat the delicious turkey"...

Tracie
#11 Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsunray View Post

I work in an office and this phrase is the new "hi" today. I went a-googling and am so thrilled to have found this post. Thanks for all the great reply suggestions!

Also, I am now a new member of veggieboards, so at least something good has come of all the "happy turkey day" wishes.

Hope you all have a wonderful time with your friends and family tomorrow! I especially wish you extra patience, peace, and harmony when dining with meat-eaters who will undoubtedly offer their sympathy to you for "being unable to eat the delicious turkey"...

Tracie

Welcome Tracie! I'm glad you found our site. We have a section of the forum just for introductions of new members, so please tell us more about yourself there so we can give you a proper welcome.
#12 Old 11-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Beginner

I'm glad I posted this thread now that I see it brought another member on board!
#13 Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

My little guys were talking to me today over lunch. One asked me if I had ever seen an inflatable turkey. I haven't. He said he saw on on someone's house. I said, "Cool! It's like revenge of the turkeys!!" They thought that was the funniest thing and are going to make a comic strip about it....lol
#14 Old 11-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I try to get my "Happy Be Nice To Turkeys Day" out before they can get their "Happy Turkey Day" out.
#15 Old 11-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

My little guys were talking to me today over lunch. One asked me if I had ever seen an inflatable turkey. I haven't. He said he saw on on someone's house. I said, "Cool! It's like revenge of the turkeys!!" They thought that was the funniest thing and are going to make a comic strip about it....lol

your boys are too cute!
#16 Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

As previously stated, I usually say "Not for the turkeys!"

ÂIf man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.  Mark Twain
#17 Old 11-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I like all the responses so far.

What gets me are all the people who look forward to passing out cold from both overeating and from the tryptophan in the turkey. This is their idea of a great Thanksgiving?

*this space not for sale*
#18 Old 11-25-2009, 07:50 PM
adapt. evolve. become

"Not for the turkey" is probably something I'd say. My store had a sale going on, called "Turkey Time".. I felt a little offended by that. :/

All we are is dust in the wind
#19 Old 11-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I taught one of the women I work with to tell the joke, "What did the turkey say on Thanksgiving? ... Eat vegetarian!"

She adores jokes and (as with all jokes) she has told this one over and over and over and OVER again to everyone she encounters.

If I had children, I'd teach 'em the same joke. Watch someone try to be nasty to a kid who is bringing The Truth in a charming, funny way. Most normal humans can't do it. It's great to watch.
#20 Old 11-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I taught one of the women I work with to tell the joke, "What did the turkey say on Thanksgiving? ... Eat vegetarian!"

I can't wait to teach the hoodlums that joke in the morning!!! They'll get the grandmas w/ it...lol
#21 Old 11-27-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

too cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhappy1 View Post

I try to get my "Happy Be Nice To Turkeys Day" out before they can get their "Happy Turkey Day" out.

good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLennyCleo View Post

As previously stated, I usually say "Not for the turkeys!"

Good One
#22 Old 11-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Riot Nrrrd

For some reason this year the phrase "turkey day" bugs the heck out of me. I just use "thanksgiving". Probably the simplest response.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#23 Old 11-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Veggie Regular

It's not like anyone calls Christmas "Ham Day" or Independence Day "Burger Day." How dead turkeys became so ingrained in Thanksgiving is beyond me.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#24 Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I just had to add... My vegetarian friend sent me a text asking how my Turkey Day was... I mean, she hasn't had turkey in 15 years, since she went veg at age 11 and she still said it!

*facepalm*
#25 Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Several years ago, I had a page-size photo from an alternative newspaper laminated. It says "Happy Turkey Day," and has a photoshopped image of a turkey's head and tail on a bottle of Wild Turkey liquor. The turkey is smoking a cigarette. It's just not Thanksgiving without it.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#26 Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Veggie Regular

On facebook my wife has been wishing everyone a Happy Tofurkey Day - making some people's heads explode when she goes on about how great our dinner was (and it was!). The best part is that she has two sisters who married into the cow killing...I mean cattle business and they've learned not to respond at all...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page