Master list of Vegetarian fast-food options - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Beginner

Okay, so not sure if this is the right place. Feel free to move it if so.

Okay, now what I'd like to know is what are some vegetarian options while eating on the run. For instance, at Taco Bell I could order a bean burrito, a potato soft taco, a taco sub for beans. At Burger King, I could order a Morningstar burger with fries. Pretty much the only ones I really know of.

Now, to get on technicalities, places where there are no vegetarian options I chose french fries or a salad with no chicken. But now, I'm a little intimidated by ordering french fries as I do not know what they use to deep fry with. Could someone please be descriptive on what to order when eating on the run? And please also include a list of vegetarian items commonly found in fast food.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2009, 02:59 AM

I usually stick to sandwich or coffee shops, if I don't want to go to a more expensive place. I usually avoid buying fried food in general, not just because I don't know what oil they use, but also because I don't know what other foods go in the oil (they often fry chicken in the same oil as potatoes)
#3 Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Beginner

Veggie Delite from Subway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Vegetarian sub from potbelly's is quite good. I leave the cheese off and pile on the veggies including pepper...muy delicioso!
#5 Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Beginner

I don't support any of the major fast food chains (especially McDonald's and Burger King) since they are very much responsible for factory farming. Even buying a salad from one of these establishments contributes to their profitability.
#6 Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Subways vegetarian but not vegan (honey in bread).
#7 Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begonia View Post

Subways vegetarian but not vegan (honey in bread).

Their white bread doesn't have honey. It's crappy though. I hate Subway bread. I don't get how they brag about it being made fresh all the time but it's like, well if you make it fresh yourself, why doesn't it taste better?

Still, Subway is a good option on the run, and most omnis like it too, so it's good if you're with them. I also love Panera! The greek dressing is vegan, so as long as you get the greek salad without feta, you're good. The mediterranean veggie sandwich is also vegan minus the feta. And the black bean soup and garden veggie soup is vegan. Vegetarian options are all over the menu! It is on the expensive side though.

Also, Chipotle is great! I get the vegetarian burrito bowl with the rice, black beans (the pinto beans are cooked with bacon!), the fajita veggies, mild salsa, and corn salsa (all of that is vegan). It's not as much food as they give omnis because they always expect people to pile up on the cheese, sour cream, and meat, but it's still enough to last me 2 meals! They're huge.
#8 Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

This is a vegan list. There is a lot of stuff on there and I'm sure there are even more vegetarian options but this list will get you started.

http://aveganlife.blogspot.com/2006/...d-options.html

Subway has 3 kinds of vegan bread. It's not my favorite place to eat but for $5 I can get a vegan sub, chips and a drink.

i hear in my mind all of these voices
i hear in my mind all of these words
i hear in my mind all of this music
#9 Old 11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Beginner

Subway is pretty much the only fast food place I go to. I love the veggie delite so I'll eat it when I feel hungry and I'm on the run.
#10 Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Has any one tried the vegetarian sandwich from Lee's Sandwiches?

it's like the only one there, lol.

i'm seriously in love with these.

plus its a cheap, yummy, well proportioned meal.

& i'd like to think its fast food.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page