Any recommendation of veggie/vegan food for different Zodiac characteristic? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Beginner

Any recommendation of veggie/vegan food for different Zodiac characteristic?

If any, that will be wonderful!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Did you know that where the stars were when the zodiac was created, is no where near where they are now, so you're no more a *insert zodiac sign here* then any other one.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Beginner

LyricGaia,

thanks for your comment!! Sorry for my bad Englsih!! I am just curious to know if there is any specific food recommendation for each "zodiac sign"^_^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

I know whatcha meant, I was just proving that the zodiac has no real affect on you... since the stars aren't where they were when it was created.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#5 Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Try looking up Ayurveda...it is a health system from India and it prescribes different foods for different types of people. The types are called "doshas" and it's believed that everyone has all three doshas but that one can be more dominate than another.

You can read books on it but there are also online resources that give information on it. Most of the recipes that would be recommended through Ayurveda should be vegetarian. (in fact, if it's true Ayurveda it will be 100% vegetarian)

You can try this site to figure out your dosha: http://www.whatsyourdosha.com/ although I would try more than test to make sure.

This is a good site also: http://www.ayurbalance.com/
#6 Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

The stars have slightly precessed, but that's not a disproof in itself. Astrology and human culture have changed as well.

I'd wonder whether, were such differences to exist, they would be overshadowed by cultural differences - Greeks preferring olives, Arabs chick peas, or something. There are likely differences between genders as well. It seems to me that women do better with eating lots of raw fruit first thing in the morning. Just guesses.
#7 Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

You can try this site to figure out your dosha: http://www.whatsyourdosha.com/ although I would try more than test to make sure.

That was very interesting. Thank you.
#8 Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricGaia View Post

Did you know that where the stars were when the zodiac was created, is no where near where they are now, so you're no more a *insert zodiac sign here* then any other one.

I disagree. Where the stars were aligned when you were born is what you entered the world under, and the energy that alignment provided the world serves as the background of your genesis as a human being in this world. And that serves as the base of your personality.

I don't want to get into a whole discussion on whether astrology is true or not, but it is my firm belief it is and it impacts all of us, whether we believe in it or not.

As for the OP's question, I have no idea. Would be interesting though.
#9 Old 09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

Try looking up Ayurveda...it is a health system from India and it prescribes different foods for different types of people. The types are called "doshas" and it's believed that everyone has all three doshas but that one can be more dominate than another.

You can read books on it but there are also online resources that give information on it. Most of the recipes that would be recommended through Ayurveda should be vegetarian. (in fact, if it's true Ayurveda it will be 100% vegetarian)

This is a good site also: http://www.ayurbalance.com/

Thanks, these two links are so interesting, which is new to me!! I will spend time to read more!!
#10 Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthegreen View Post

I disagree. Where the stars were aligned when you were born is what you entered the world under, and the energy that alignment provided the world serves as the background of your genesis as a human being in this world. And that serves as the base of your personality.

I don't want to get into a whole discussion on whether astrology is true or not, but it is my firm belief it is and it impacts all of us, whether we believe in it or not.

As for the OP's question, I have no idea. Would be interesting though.

I was referring to the simple fact that the stars have moved, or rather, we've moved from our position to them. So when people many moons ago came up with "What a Virgo meant" and all that, it was in a completely different spot.

It might impact you, there is no evidence one way or another so I'm not gonna say it doesn't, I was just remarking on how nothing's in the same place it was because of our traveling around the milky way, star deaths, and so on.

Quote:
#11 Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

When the third starline of Jupiter crosses both the second house of Mars and the fifth constellation of Hekytos at the same time, then the alignment is a perfect circle, and its diagonal dimensions can be interpreted. They recommend a diet rich in bitter apple juice and cardboard.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#12 Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a Leo, which is the lion, so does that mean I'm an obligate carnivore? *feels the sudden urge to stalk and kill a gazelle with my bare hands and eat it raw*

--Fromper

#13 Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Walks away slowly while keeping oblique eye contact.

I think there's an idea about Leo being the king of the signs because he is powerful in whatever he chooses but benevolent in a spiritual-intellectual way. I'm thinking of a somewhat famous story concerning (I believe) Giulio Camillo, as well as the story of Daniel in the lions' den.

Sometimes leos wind up eating themselves as well (I think of Niels Henrik Abel). Real lions rarely but sometimes eat their cubs or those of competing lions, blech.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page