Gelatin Foods List - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

#91 Old 11-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Here is a link to a petition that you may like to sign to make Junior Mints vegan smiley.gif
http://www.change.org/petitions/tootsie-roll-industries-make-junior-mints-vegan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't eat animals.

http://www.amazon.com/Yogurt-Michelle-Albright-ebook/dp/B00G9GU554/

Yogurt can be made at home without gelatin. (See the link to an instruction book above.) 

#93 Old 01-30-2014, 06:41 AM

I found that altoids mints have gelatin
(Just a suggestion)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM

Most of these are definitely accurate. But I've checked the labels of skittles recently and there's even a note under the ingredients that says that they're gelatin free. I thought the same thing about starbursts too but I could be wrong.

Sigh, disappointing. :( I used to love mini-wheats and my mom brought some home last week and I was so sad.

#95 Old 05-10-2014, 02:43 AM

I Always thought trifles were OK
#96 Old 05-10-2014, 02:43 AM

And what about hariobs
#97 Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popping candy View Post
And what about haribos?
This is what Haribo say about their UK sweets:

Quote:
The sugar used in our products is derived from beet.

Most of our UK products contain gelatine derived from pork, those that are free from gelatine are glazed using a mixture of beeswax and vegetable oil, therefore none of our products are suitable for vegan diets.

lv
#98 Old 11-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Truth

Yeah and skittles don't have meat it say Gluten-Free, Gelatin-Free So this is ALL WRONG! (most of it)
#99 Old 11-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseySparkle View Post
Yeah and skittles don't have meat it say Gluten-Free, Gelatin-Free So this is ALL WRONG! (most of it)
This thread was started nearly 6 years ago so not surprisingly ingredients in products may have changed, albeit only slightly, from what they were in January 2009.
#100 Old 01-20-2015, 07:58 AM

Junior Mints recently stopped using gelatin; however they have confirmed that their “confectioner’s glaze” is made with shellac, which is obtained from female lac bugs. It takes about 100,000 lac bugs to make 500 grams (1.1 lbs) of dried shellac. Zein, made from corn, is a common alternative to shellac and is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Please ask Tootsie Roll industries to switch to zein or another vegan form of confectioner’s glaze in Junior Mints!

Also for marshmallows try:

http://www.amazon.com/Dandies-Vegan-.../dp/B00FBNZ58S (These are SO GOOD!) [TBH I'm no even a vegetarian - an intolerance to cellulose would make that difficult, but there are several ingredients I try to avoid.]
#101 Old 01-20-2015, 08:06 AM

Also, the price on this site is high. You can find them for less other places.
#102 Old 01-21-2015, 06:00 AM
Vegan as f**k

Lazy day foods now make a Rocky Road cake slice with vegan marshmallows! Very nice
#103 Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post
In the US, they put animal products in a lot of things that don't need it. Pillsbury pie crust has lard, most yogurts have gelatin, stuffing has animal fat, stuff like that. Only recently did they remove the gelatin from Skittles. Weird, huh?
I find that so frustrating, and it not just limited to animal based ingredients. They add weird stuff like propylene glycol and dyes. The products would probably be just as good or better if that stuff was left out. I really don't feel the need for the color of my chick peas or pinto beans to be preserved or the sweetness of my baked goods to be enhanced by a chemical known to cause kidney damage.
#104 Old 01-23-2015, 04:05 AM
Vegan as f**k

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienerose View Post
I find that so frustrating, and it not just limited to animal based ingredients. They add weird stuff like propylene glycol and dyes. The products would probably be just as good or better if that stuff was left out. I really don't feel the need for the color of my chick peas or pinto beans to be preserved or the sweetness of my baked goods to be enhanced by a chemical known to cause kidney damage.
It's annoying...I guess companies are just so desperate to optimise profits and they believe that by doing this they will achieve this aim...
#105 Old 07-21-2017, 01:16 PM

About half of the cheesecakes at Cheesecake Factory contain gelatin. I was pretty shocked when I learned about it (I only expected marshmallows or gummy stuff to have gelatin!). There's a list of which ones don't contain gelatin though: approvedeats.com/cheesecake-factory-gelatin-kosher-halal-vegetarian/
#106 Old 07-29-2018, 03:36 PM

Thank you for doing that. I think this is a wonderful insight to what really is out there. A happy veggie!!!!!
#107 Old 07-30-2018, 05:31 AM
Pure Veg & Sweet

Oatmeal
Oatmeal can help you lose weight in two ways. First, it's packed with fibre and it keeps you feeling fuller longer.
Second, a recent study in the reported that eating a breakfast made with "slow-release" carbohydrates—such as oatmeal or bran cereal—3 hours before you exercise may help you burn more fat.
How? Eating "slow-release" carbohydrates doesn't spike blood sugar as high as eating refined carbohydrates (think: white toast).
In turn, insulin levels don't spike as high. Because insulin plays a role in signalling your body to store fat, having lower blood sugar levels may help you burn fat.
#108 Old 08-07-2018, 04:08 AM
Pure Veg & Sweet

Some gelatin foodist are as follows

1. Bagels and bread products
2. Beer and wine
3. Candy
4. Caesar dressing
5. Marshmallows
6. Non-dairy creamer
7. Peanuts
8. Potato chips
#109 Old 08-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyyan View Post
Some gelatin foodist are as follows

1. Bagels and bread products
2. Beer and wine
3. Candy
4. Caesar dressing
5. Marshmallows
6. Non-dairy creamer
7. Peanuts
8. Potato chips
The list is far longer than that, however, I have never run across bagels or bread, nor beer- though it can have other issues. Ceasar dressing has egg and anchovies, again never heard gelatin.
Anyway, pretty much anything may have it so just read the label!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#110 Old 09-03-2018, 06:49 AM

It's an industrial food product - made with caustic soda (or the old way with mercury).. not a plant. There was one story that a whole load of mercury could not be accounted for... the story goes (read "Diagnosis: Mercury" by Dr Hightower) .. that minute amounts were leeching into the final HFCS product... and if that can happen who knows what else is bundled along with this 'glucose-fructose syrup' (HFCS)
#111 Old 09-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanovich View Post
It's an industrial food product - made with caustic soda (or the old way with mercury).. not a plant. There was one story that a whole load of mercury could not be accounted for... the story goes (read "Diagnosis: Mercury" by Dr Hightower) .. that minute amounts were leeching into the final HFCS product... and if that can happen who knows what else is bundled along with this 'glucose-fructose syrup' (HFCS)

Corrected detail on the production of high fructose corn syrup: https://www.academicjournals.org/art...%20et%20al.pdf
Ger Jonker likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#112 Old 10-28-2018, 01:28 PM

iv'e had starburst that hasn't contained gelatine??
#113 Old 10-29-2018, 06:49 AM

vegan gel

wow nice concent of vegan gel
#114 Old 04-29-2020, 02:54 AM

Rubydoobys vegan sweets pull all the Vegan Pick and Mix options into one place

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page