Vermont - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 05:14 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm here, I'm here!!!

VER MONT WHERE YA AT, LET ME HEAR A HAN' CLAP!

Woo!! Go Vermont!!!
#3 Old 05-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Mikie- long time no see ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

mikie, I didn't know you lived in Vermont, what area?
#5 Old 05-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't live in Vermont right now, but I grew up there, and I'm from Westmore in the Northeast Kingdom. Right now I'm in Louisiana, and last year I was in Boston.
#6 Old 05-27-2003, 01:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I am going to vermont soon (If you couldn't figure that out from the words under my avatar. ) I'm excited! I'll be working at a camp there. What is there to do?
#7 Old 05-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I went to a camp in Vermont for 8 years.

Please tell me you're not working at Coutts-Moriarty 4h camp in Derby?

That would just make me too uncomfortable! :/
#8 Old 05-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Nope, I am not I am working at a girl scout camp. You probably didn't go there...
#9 Old 05-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh thank God!

Haha.

That camp always had at least half its councelors from europe and all over the US. I love the camp so much, but I had a terrible fallout with the administration.

This is good news.

Where is your camp located? I can tell you what I know about the area. But if it's not in the northern half, I won't really know a whole lot.
#10 Old 05-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Ummm... I believe it is right near a town called Thetford? Does that sound at all familiar? I'm waaaay bad with geography.
#11 Old 06-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I've heard of a Thetford, but I don't know anything about it.

Have fun! (You may be surprised by how boring it can be. Hopefully you make friends with cool Vermonters who know the area! (and can bring you to Canada where the drinking age is 18 )
#12 Old 06-05-2003, 02:36 PM

I live in vt....can give you the lowdown...what are you looking for interms of fun? there is a bunch to do, you just have to know where to go for it..

thetford is about 10 miles from me...
#13 Old 06-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

wow, that is close. I just want to see what there is to see there. I am leaving in 5 days now. I won't have a whole lot of free time, but I'd at least like to know a little bit of what's going on there.
#14 Old 11-19-2003, 03:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Bumping this up to see if there are any new Vermonters on the board!! I've been buying lots of new Vermont things on Ebay lately... but I won't go into that unless someone's interested.
#15 Old 12-02-2003, 06:31 PM

Vermonter checking in from the west coast. cheers,

-wm
#16 Old 12-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey! I'm looking to move to SF in June. What brought you there? Where are you from in Vermont?
#17 Old 12-14-2003, 03:44 AM

I drove cross-country with a college buddy, intending to move to northern Washington, but spent 5 days in San Fran and decided we'd rather be here. I grew up in Jericho and spent the last 6 years in Burlington. Did you attend LI? I worked with the Youth Corps out of the Cheney House on Willoughby one summer. Beautiful area.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out Craig's List for apartments and job listings. It's a great resource for transplanting to the Bay Area. cheers,

-wm
#18 Old 12-14-2003, 03:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Yo. The Cheney House is in my town! Lake Willoughby in is Westmore! How odd.

I used to always drive through Jericho on our way to Burlington. I think the forget-me-not clothing store is in Jericho too, unless I'm mistaken? I got some good shirts there once.

No, I didn't go to LI. I went to Lake Region.
#19 Old 04-22-2004, 07:04 PM

Anyone out there still Vegan and still in VT?

(Burlington here )
#20 Old 04-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

wow, here i sit, amazed to see the vermont thread make its way back up. we exist!

hi tristan, i am still vegan and still in vt bellows falls, though. sorta, um, the other end from burlington. i'm moving soon, though! still in vt, though -- going to college in marlboro, woot woot!
#21 Old 05-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Beginner

I'm a Vermonter too, born and raised, and have spent my entire 20 years here. I live in Barre right now, due to college, but I was born and raised in the northeast kingdom, my true home. Kinda funny how people are talking about the Cheney House in Westmore. I used to go there all the time for class trips. My hometown is Irasburg, which is right between Orleans and Coventry.
#22 Old 05-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

hehe, i always get all excited when i find out there's another vermonter on the boards, but everyone's always from way farther north in the state than i am!
#23 Old 06-15-2005, 03:24 PM

Anyone familiar with the Sweet Onion Inn in Hancock? Vegan Bed and Breakfast, absolutely great place!!!
#24 Old 07-22-2005, 03:09 AM
Beginner

I've heard of it before, but alas, have never been there myself. Come to think of it, I've never actually been to a bed and breakfast.
#25 Old 10-25-2005, 05:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

hehe, i always get all excited when i find out there's another vermonter on the boards, but everyone's always from way farther north in the state than i am!

I always find that people are further South.
#26 Old 10-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Veggie Regular

yeah vermont!! i have been here for the past 6 months, in Richmond...i went to college in vt a zillion years ago...we are relocating here in about a year...we have to go home to new mexico next month to make some money and prepare for the high cost of living

i love the bolton potholes!! and burlington is a great little city.
#27 Old 10-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I spent a month in Vermont back in 1993 for my job, and I really did fall in love with the state. We stayed in Essex Junction and worked in Colchester. I had weekends off, so I drove all over the state. I had been vegetarian for almost five years at that point, so I was happy to find a little restaurant in Burlington that had the best vegetarian sandwiches made with seitan, tempeh, and other ingredients. Anyone know the place of which I speak? Hope it's still there.

Yeah, and I do realize my view of Vermont is slightly skewed because the month I was there was August. And many of the locals I met always told me that Vermont had two seasons, Winter and August. Still, I'd love to live there some day.
#28 Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailMix View Post

And many of the locals I met always told me that Vermont had two seasons, Winter and August. Still, I'd love to live there some day.

No mention of mud season? Must have been urban folk.
#29 Old 10-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Beginner

I have friends in Burlington that I visit every 2 months or so (I live in Manchester NH) and I was just saying today that two months ago I was swimming in the lake with them, and yesterday it snowed there! Crazy!

Does anyone know if the vegetarian dim sum at the Five Spice restaurant is vegan? I would think the seitan salad would be, but am not too sure about the dumplings.. might have to call them.

I love Hong's dumpling cart on Church St. Also, I know that Stone Soup has a vegetarian brunch on Saturdays, but I've never been... has anyone tried it?
#30 Old 10-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

veggie vixen i can answer none of those questions but what you said about swimming!! ha ha!! that's exactly what i said as i sat in my dark cold lacking electricity,heat,stove, water house for 20 plus hours!! i love vt.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page