Vermont - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 10-29-2005, 06:53 PM

my aunt and my dads fiance live in VT so I go there alot (I'm in CT). There both in Burlington. I love it up there. Me and my friend are going up to visit vetran days weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Beginner

I was in Burlington this weekend. Glori Nori has some yummy veg*n treats!
#33 Old 04-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

HIHI...any local activity down in southern VT?

If there was would you like to arrange a potluck?...I would love to have one but not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-07-2006, 10:10 AM

Yeah. Rutland guy here.
#35 Old 07-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm, that's still an hour away.
#36 Old 07-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Draw club anyone?...
#37 Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Beginner

I live in Bennington, and I'm organizing a Vegan Social Day. Anybody want to come?
#38 Old 08-09-2006, 11:47 AM

wow... this threads been dead for a while. Ill have to fix that.

Burlington representing here! I grew up and went to school in Colchester kindergaten through high School, and then decided i needed to get the f*** OUT of Vermont for a while. I lived in Newport RI for a while for school, and then decided to come back and transfer to Champlain college. I appreciate it soo much more now, and being in Burlington now is so completely different then it felt in High school. Ive gotten into the hardcore scene here, and so many of those kids are vegan. Its awesome, I had so much help going vegan in burlington a couple months ago. Burlington Hardcore kids throw some amazing vegan potlucks and bbq's
#39 Old 08-11-2006, 01:00 PM

I live in Vermont. I really like it here.

My town is really nice, too. I live within walking distance of TWO health food stores.
#40 Old 08-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg_powered View Post

wow... this threads been dead for a while. Ill have to fix that.

Burlington representing here! I grew up and went to school in Colchester kindergaten through high School, and then decided i needed to get the f*** OUT of Vermont for a while. I lived in Newport RI for a while for school, and then decided to come back and transfer to Champlain college. I appreciate it soo much more now, and being in Burlington now is so completely different then it felt in High school. Ive gotten into the hardcore scene here, and so many of those kids are vegan. Its awesome, I had so much help going vegan in burlington a couple months ago. Burlington Hardcore kids throw some amazing vegan potlucks and bbq's

I grew up in Vermont and lived in Burlington and Essex Jct. I loved it there!! Do you ever go to the City Market?
#41 Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut32 View Post

I grew up in Vermont and lived in Burlington and Essex Jct. I loved it there!! Do you ever go to the City Market?

yeah, when i worked on church street I was in City Market almost everyday. Dreamy Vegan Brownies!!!! I havn't been there much lately though, It feels kinda wrong now that I work at Healthy Living.
#42 Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

For a place that has so much vegetarian food available, it's odd that there are hardly any vegetarians here.

I guess the omnis are buying all that soy drink, mock meat, soy cheese, tempeh etc etc.
#43 Old 02-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

if anyone lives near or in brattleboro i am so jealous. i went there last weekend to visit a friend and had such a good time. we had dinner at The Common Ground and had seiten steak. it was amazing. the whole town is really cool.
#44 Old 02-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Brattleboro too, I will check it out the next time I am in that area, I have heard of it.

we usually eat at a pretty good place right on the main drag, I forget the name, but its always good.
#45 Old 02-26-2007, 07:04 AM

My parents live just outside Brattleboro. I go visit usually every summer for a week or so. Where's the Common Ground?? My parents are not veggie, so they wouldn't know where to get veggie food, except maybe the co-op.

t.
#46 Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

its on 25 elliot st. not too far from the coop. they have a bunch of vegan/veggie things to choose from. scrambled tofu for breakfast, tempeh reuben for lunch, vegan cesear salads, burritos, seitan steak, cashew burgers, all organic ingredients in everything. there are also a couple indian restaurants and thai places that have good veggie dishes. i've always lived in non veg friendly areas so i felt like a kid at disney world when visiting there.
#47 Old 03-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Veggie Regular

There was a review/article about Common Ground in our Sunday paper last week........I am very curious to go there now, the article said they now offer meat dishes as well, so I know I can get hubby to go for sure......

We will prob be up that way when the weather warms up.
#48 Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Is anyone still in Vermont? It seems like everyone grew up here and then left. I'm in Northfield Falls - a tiny little town about 20 minutes outside of Montpelier.
#49 Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm here and I've been to montpelier...Cool arts store there.
#50 Old 06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I know, I love the shopping in Montpelier. I go there once a week. There is a great vegan restaurant there too, called Rhapsody.
#51 Old 06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Montpelier is too far away for me to visit regularly. I love Rhapsodys. I'd definatly eat there more if it wasn't so far away.

And actually...Rhapsodys is not a vegan retauarant ( though they have great vegan fare), they serve fish/sushi.
#52 Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

True, I forgot about the sushi. Mostly vegan though.
#53 Old 06-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

#54 Old 06-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

haha. I sent this to my friend in vermont knowing she would definetly appreciate it (which she did) but she had already seen it after hearing about it on the news there. She also informed me that Jennifer Connelly just bought a house in her neighborhood and two of her coworkers have already run into her at the store. They told her how great of an actress they thought she was and how cool it is that she is vegan and said they would forgive her for doing "The Hulk" because everyone makes mistakes ...lol.
#55 Old 06-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Very cool. What part of VT is your friend from?
#56 Old 11-26-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm a Vermonter xD

Born and raised!
#57 Old 12-10-2007, 04:42 PM

Hey, Vermonters. I've never been to Rhapsody's...

I'm working at STONE SOUP on College Street in Burlington. It has made my dabbling from vegetarianism to veganism MUCH easier.
#58 Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM

Word. We have mixed-company potlucks... a few vegans... a few vegetarians... and a few open-minded omnis. Burlington's fairly groovy.
#59 Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Hi,

I'm originally from NJ but have been exiled to Texas (though HEB and pinto beans RULE!) for almost 30 years. Now some relatives of ours have moved to southern VT and I am researching whether we can escape too. I don't drive and I am sick and tired of SPRAWL (commuting (being driven) an hour a day to work each way) and isolation. I'm looking forward to an old fashioned community and making friends and walking to places (or cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing, or whatever). I'm also Buddhist and vegan. (And 52.). Is Burlington be the best place for my sort of people or does the area around Ludlow where my relatives live have anything promising?

Any help or referrals you can give me would be great.

I'm a medical transcriptionist so can work at home if there is a broadband connection, which there isn't in my middle of nowhere.

thanx,

f
#60 Old 05-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in