Texas The Rio Grande Valley - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I recently moved from West Texas to the Valley. I just thought I felt like the lone vegetarian out west, now I think I really might be! Is there any one out there from any part of the RGV that could give me some good restaurant tips. I can't find many that have stuff for me to eat.

I am really having a hard time adjusting here. Aside from no one even understanding what a vegetarian is... I hate the way animals are treated near the border and so many are very malnourished.

I hope I am just looking in the wrong places, there must be someone else who doen't eat meat here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Veggie Regular

What town is that?
#3 Old 09-01-2009, 01:29 PM

The place for me is Natrally's on the Island. Good fresh food. Other than that and a home cooked meal we are out of luck. There might be a couple of vegitarian joints in Mcallen. But that is too far for me. Good Luck, let me know if you find something interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 PM

HI
I just joined and see this post is from a while back, are you still in the Valley?

I have only found one other vegetarian in the seven years I've lived here.

Naturally's is the best vegetarian place anywhere in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.

Here are a few others that aren't too bad either, none are vegetarian but have a few items on the menu that are vegetarian:
Blue Onion in Weslaco and North McAllen- but beware that their garlic dip and garlic/mushroom dip has chicken broth
Hop Tung in North McAllen
Lei Lai's in North McAllen
Mama Mia's Pizze in downtown McAllen
Tamales Y Mas in Mission will make special vegetarian dishes by request, but don't have much on their menu

Then there are many chain restaurants that also have a few veggie options
olive garden; pf chang; jason's deli; etc.

Let me know if you find any others.
#5 Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 PM

I lived in Edinburg for a year in the early 2000s and I remember eating at Jason's quite a bit. Seems like it was in McAllen. I liked it down there and I remember Naturally's but that was/is a long drive from Edinburg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page