Texas Dallas?! - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Reviving this thread!

I currently live downtown, right by the farmers market (which i don't use as much as a should!) and I've lived in mesquite and arlington. Recently returned to vegetarianism and am finding it a lot easier than before, when i lived in mesquite. I love Cosmic Cafe, and I'm pretty sure Ali Baba is opened again? There sure are a lot of cars when I drive by, or maybe it's just parking for the other things in the area? -shrug- Haven't been to the new Whole Foods yet but I really want to go. We usually go to Central Market. Also, I second the awesomeness of Veggie Garden. I first went there while I was omni and totally enjoyed it. Their menu is LITERALLY a book, spiral bound, to be exact. Tons of choices.

Do any of you guys have a hard time eating out with friends and family? Or even eating in? The mind set down here is ridiculous! I feel like when I ask for vegetarian options, or an ingredient list, I get the most awful stares! :/ I just want to be supported. Fortunately my mom is very very supportive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 07-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

This thread is WAY too active

We're coming down again in July to see Coldplay at the former Starplex/something pages something centerplex.

You guys wanna meet up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreep heather View Post

Superpages.com center!!!

It depends again on when you guys are coming. I wish I could have made it last time, but if I know in enough time (dates and times!) I can definitely meet up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartfalafel View Post

It is a must!

It's almost that time! Anyone still interested?
#93 Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Hi! I'm new to the boards and being veggie. I live on the Garland/Mequite border.

Anyone know of any farmer's market in this area?

Also, have you guys tried the Asian food markets? Is the produce there any better than say Wal-Mart or Kroger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 AM

hi from Fort Worth!
#95 Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse27 View Post

I wish Spiral Diner was closer.

Kalachandjis is very near however. I plan on heading over there very soon.

is it in the downtown area? i go there sometimes and walk around.
#96 Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM

hey! im in the irving area more specifically las colinas! well.. im either here or houston lol
#97 Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Beginner

I'm about 30 miles north of Dallas in McKinney.
#98 Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 PM

Fort Worth area here (Northwest Ft worth in Azle, to be exact). I've never been to the Sprial diner, but i plan to go on my birthday, so I am looking forward to it. I've heard nothing but good about the place.
#99 Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Hey Whodat, I am assuming you are from Louisiana? I am from Baton Rouge (Geaux Tigers) currently living West of Fort Worth near Weatherford. We have been here for almost 10 years. We are Cajuns at heart but Texas has definitely become home for good for us.

I have not tried Spiral Diner yet, but I just won a bet with my omni hubby and the winner gets to pick the restaurant for out next meal out, so I have an idea I might be trying it very soon! Just today I discovered the Sunflower Shoppe in Fort Worth off Camp Bowie...it is amazing! They have all the brands that I keep reading about on this board but have never seen anywhere else, like Kiss My Face cosmetics. I am going back Thursday when I will have more time to shop, and that is when I might drag the hubs to Spiral Diner too. Will report back!
#100 Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 AM

I moved to SW Fort Worth almost a year ago (from Rockwall). I've heard great things about Spiral Diner and had no idea it was so close to my house (less than 15 minutes!). I'm taking my kids there tomorrow for sure.
#101 Old 07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

YAY! We're moving back to Dallas!!

I'm originally from Dallas (M-Streets area by Lower Greenville) but living in the Houston area right now. I HATE living here. If you think the veggie options in Dallas are bad, try living in The Woodlands. I am soooo excited and I can't wait to be back in Dallas!!

Spiral Diner is beyond amazing! Love, love, love that place! So much that I'm hosting a bridal shower there next month for a bunch of omni's, but they don't know it's vegan. SHHHHHH!
#102 Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Just checking in...another Dallasite. I'm one of those weirdos that's actually FROM Dallas. I went to DISD schools and everything. I now live in Richardson and LOVE it.
#103 Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Veggie Regular

i just spent 2 weeks in the dallas/fort worth area. i went to spiral diner a few times, both locations. i loved the food and my parents thought it wasn't bad either
#104 Old 12-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

i just spent 2 weeks in the dallas/fort worth area. i went to spiral diner a few times, both locations. i loved the food and my parents thought it wasn't bad either

I keep meaning to try Spiral. How was the Dallas location? Ambiance/service/parking/crowds? I always wondered about the Oak Cliff location; when I was growing up that neighborhood was VERY iffy.
#105 Old 12-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

That neighborhood is still VERY iffy, but there are some artsy cool kid patches in their now, like the Bishop Art's District. I haven't gone to Spiral yet either, but that is simply because no one wants to try it with me D:
#106 Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleythegreate View Post

That neighborhood is still VERY iffy, but there are some artsy cool kid patches in their now, like the Bishop Art's District. I haven't gone to Spiral yet either, but that is simply because no one wants to try it with me D:

I figure as long as it's daylight it should be OK, right? I should get the BF to drive; his car is all crapped out whereas mine is 3.5 years old and still fairly spiffy (and isn't paid off yet).
#107 Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

I figure as long as it's daylight it should be OK, right? I should get the BF to drive; his car is all crapped out whereas mine is 3.5 years old and still fairly spiffy (and isn't paid off yet).

i'd think so. i've been in areas that looked much more worrisome.
everyone was really friendly at both locations
#108 Old 12-31-2010, 04:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

i'd think so. i've been in areas that looked much more worrisome.
everyone was really friendly at both locations

In that case I'll have to drag his butt down there sometime soon.
#109 Old 12-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post

Just take the .380. If it doesn't scare the baddies, you can throw it at them.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? -Bill Hicks
#110 Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post

Just take the .380. If it doesn't scare the baddies, you can throw it at them.

Or I could go alone and pick up a new fella.
#111 Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Even better.

Don't know what that has to do with iffy neighborhoods, unless that's the type of fella you're looking for, but... lol

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? -Bill Hicks
#112 Old 01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Hahaha, I think she was talking about picking a new fella up at Spiral Diner. Or I could be wrong.
#113 Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

i think she's talking about the potential mugger/murderer/criminal and if i'm right i found that pretty funny
#114 Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

More likely to pick up a new fella, probably.
#115 Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM

From Dallas lower greenville of course hopefully you've heard!

Sundown at Granada || NEIGHBORHOOD BEER GARDEN & RESTAURANT

#116 Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Hello! I'm new to this board, glad to find it though. I am WAY north of Dallas in McKinney, haha. I recently realized there are a bunch of vegetarians/vegans over in Denton, but that is kinda far too.

#117 Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Veggie Regular

i just moved to the area. i'm mostly in irving and the plano/frisco areas. is there anyone around? what are some vegan-friendly restaurants i should check out?
#118 Old 03-11-2018, 06:59 PM

Hi! This needs to be revived again! I'm in West Fort Worth personally, so I hope you people are still around! It'd be awesome to meet new vegan friends!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page