VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas

57K views 448 replies 124 participants last post by  Michael 
#1 ·
The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

#355 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybean View Post

can anyone recommend an awesome veterinarian in san antonio? part of town doesn't matter, we just need to find a vet that we are comfortable with. thanks in advance!
Hi
I take my jack russell, Charlie, to Acres North Animal Hospital on Thousand Oaks & 281. My vet is Dr. Kyle Crowley and we LOVE him!! He loves Charlie and lets him lick all over his face when he's getting his exam and they're always very gentle. I've also been to the other vet in the practice, Dr. Abernathy, once when Dr. C was on vacation, and she was amazing too. I highly reccomend them!

Acres North Animal Hospital

16302 San Pedro Avenue

San Antonio, TX 78232

(210) 494-3436

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is on the Northside, kinda north-central. But even if it's a bit of a drive, I still recommend them!

Good luck with your search

#356 ·
thanks for that recommendation! on another note, me and my hubby and 2 year old girl went to Green here in san antonio. um..... i won't say anything about the guy behind the counter, ill just talk about what we ate. tofu buffalo appetizer- no flavor but i liked the texture- it came laid on some tobasco sauce- not some special sauce they made. i had portabella burger- no flavor at all, i tried to add salt to it and still no success. fries no flavor. hubby had green burger, he said no flavor. daughter got grilled cheese and fruit salad, it was okay, sandwich wasnt greasy which was nice. the pablano dressing i got with my salad, no flavor. the white dip that came with buffalo tofu had no flavor either. umm... thats all i have to say about that.

#363 ·
well. to answer my own question about leakey, texas. um. no. there are chips and salsa and that's the extent of vegan fare here.

i have to drive an hour to kerrville or uvalde to get groceries, heh heh.

but i prefer it this way. i'm out in the middle of nowhere. it's pretty sweet
there is absolutely nothing to the west/northwest of me. very nice.

#368 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia_babushk View Post

Hi, I'm new here. Anyone in the DFW area? Nobody I know eats like me around here....
I was raised in DFW; moved down to San Antonio a few years ago for grad school. There's a fabulous all-vegan restaurant in Fort Worth called Spiral Diner--I assure you, there ARE others who eat like you. You just need to go search for 'em
Spiral Diner is billed as the "best vegan restaurant in North America" and I'm inclined to agree!

#369 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post

Hello from San Antonio TX!!! I hate it here! I'd rather be in Austin!!!!
I don't HATE San Antonio, but I really preferred living in the Dallas area. There isn't alot to do here in SA, and the food choices as far as eating out are pretty slim (but getting better). I'm stuck here for another couple years though, to finish a second Master's degree, but after that, who knows?

#374 ·
I am in DFW as well, keller to be specific. I know this is a long shot as I don't think this is very active, but does anyone have any recommendations for vegan friendly pediatricians in the DFW area(ideally keller/fort worth/mid cities/grapevine/all places not too far from keller/ftworth IE: not dallas)? We really hate ours. Not only does she not know a thing about being vegan, she can't even remember that we ARE vegan(most people remember us no matter where we go as we really do not look like most people around here!)

#375 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredalive View Post

I am in DFW as well, keller to be specific. I know this is a long shot as I don't think this is very active, but does anyone have any recommendations for vegan friendly pediatricians in the DFW area(ideally keller/fort worth/mid cities/grapevine/all places not too far from keller/ftworth IE: not dallas)? We really hate ours. Not only does she not know a thing about being vegan, she can't even remember that we ARE vegan(most people remember us no matter where we go as we really do not look like most people around here!)
Can't help you there; I don't have an kids... but I wanted to say HELLO! I'm from Euless, though currently living in San Antonio. Don't see many people from the mid-cities!!

Good luck with your pediatrician search! Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

#376 ·
Does anyone in West Texas want a kitten?

I have 4 that were born under my house and need loving homes for them. I will cover the first round of shots. I am not sure of their sexes yet but if you are interested I will have that and photos soon. Just send me a PM or an e-mail (Sally429@aol.com) with the title "Kittens" or something like that. There are 2 solid black ones, One black with white feet and chest, and one grey tabby. They are about 5-6 weeks old. They are very sweet and VERY cute. I cannot have pets so I need to get rid of them ASAP, if I cannot find homes soon they will have to go back where they came from and I would really hate that! Please if you want one let me know. I am in Alpine (if you even know where that is) but I am willing to drive as far as El Paso or Odessa/Midland.

Thanks

Sally Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.