Tennessee Just wanted to do a shout out to all the Tennessee peeps! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, I was surprised to see how long it's been since someone posted about Tennessee!

Um, yeah, I know my avatar still reads "flvegnewbie", but I'm no longer in Florida. We just moved back here in April, so I'm trying to adjust to life as a vegetarian in a completely no-veg. atmosphere!

I live just west of Cookeville, in a little podunk town!

Thankfully the Kroger store in Cookeville does a decent job of keeping some veg. food supplied.

Other than that, there's not a whole lotta choices out there.

So where's all the Tennessee people?

Check in if you get the time!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned

I live in Franklin. We are almost neighbors. I have been through Cookeville. What town from?
#3 Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM

I live in Hendersonville, just north of Nashville
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM

Murfreesboro!

I'd kill to meet another veg in mboro.... Figuratively speaking, that is =)
#5 Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM

I live in Knoxville. I hate how people around here look at you like you have two heads when you say your vegan.
#6 Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I live in South Nashville/Brentwood.
#7 Old 02-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

I live in South Nashville/Brentwood.

Wait... Do you mean to say that other v*gans exist in middle tennessee?!!?!!!!
#8 Old 02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus_sign View Post

Wait... Do you mean to say that other v*gans exist in middle tennessee?!!?!!!!

Yes. There are a number of loose associations. One woman I know is thinking of starting a veg*n club here. Another woman had a veg*n restaurant in the late '90s, and is in the process of planning to open a new one. Vanderbilt U. has a completely vegetarian restaurant in the Hillel Center called Grins (pronounced Greens). There's also Woodland's Indian Cuisine, which is vegetarian.

I was involved in EarthSave Nashville from 1996 to about 2003. Unfortunately, this chapter folded.

Check out Yvonne Smith's website:

http://www.thetravelingvegetarian.tv/

There are also a number of people who are Buddhists and vegetarian due to that.

Tell me more about what interests you, and I'll try to point you in the right direction.
#9 Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Beginner

Johnson City! there are a few vegans and vegetarians here due to it being a college town (being a college kid myself i don't mean this in a negative way.)
#10 Old 07-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Hey I'm in Murfreesboro too!
#11 Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Mount Juliet, here.
#12 Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in Boone, NC but my bf lives in Johnson City, so I'm over there all the time! Hopefully it will become my future home someday....
#13 Old 06-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Smith County represent. I'm happy to report that in the nearly six years I've been vegan, I've seen a big increase in the amount of vegan products available at local grocery stores and supermarkets.

Tam! RUGH!
#14 Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 PM

Wow I've been to most of all these places. I used to live in Hendersonville (for 13 years) but recently moved to Adairville, KY (15 minutes north of Springfield, 2 miles over the Tennessee border).
I used to work for the FOP in Cookeville. Ive been to pretty much all of these cities though.
Nice to meet you guys! =)
#15 Old 05-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I would think this would be okay to post in this forum since it is Tennessee related, but I've heard good things about this restaurant and it's in the Nashville area,  I have yet to try them because it's a bit of a drive for me but thought I would post in case someone a little closer might be interested:

http://www.thewildcow.com/twc/

I think someone above asked about what town I live in?  I'd rather not say specifically on a public forum...but I live between Murfreesboro & Cookeville...and I'll leave it at that. shy.gif

Since my last post I have come across of a couple of High School kids who are friends of my teens & I know for certain they are vegetarians...which I think is AWESOME!  

How are my other Tennessee folks doing?sunny.gif

#16 Old 05-27-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flvegnewbie View Post

I would think this would be okay to post in this forum since it is Tennessee related, but I've heard good things about this restaurant and it's in the Nashville area,  I have yet to try them because it's a bit of a drive for me but thought I would post in case someone a little closer might be interested:

http://www.thewildcow.com/twc/

I think someone above asked about what town I live in?  I'd rather not say specifically on a public forum...but I live between Murfreesboro & Cookeville...and I'll leave it at that. shy.gif

Since my last post I have come across of a couple of High School kids who are friends of my teens & I know for certain they are vegetarians...which I think is AWESOME!  

How are my other Tennessee folks doing?sunny.gif

I had a friend that worked at The Wild Cow. I am subscribed to their Facebook page, and their stuff sounds awesome. They also have a lot of charity events that help pets in need, that sort of thing.

#17 Old 06-12-2012, 07:12 PM

I live in a town to the Northeast of Memphis. There is a wonderful restuarant in Memphis called Fuel Cafe that has many veg options. BEST veggie burgers ever. I used to work there.

#18 Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I'll be leaving Florida and moving to the Memphis area this weekend. I'm hoping to only be there a month or two, not long term. I'm just staying with some family short term while I'm between jobs to save money. I have other family in Chicago, and I'd like to get up there eventually, so that's where I'm focusing my job search.

I already looked on Meetup.com and noticed that there's a veg meetup group in the Memphis area. Don't know if I'll get a chance to meet them, but I joined the group online just to get updates if they're doing anything.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#19 Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

For anyone in the Memphis area, you MUST go to RP Tracks for BBQ tofu. That place is great!

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#20 Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM

Giles County!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page