VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Tennessee (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/106-tennessee/)
-   -   Tennessee (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/106-tennessee/2586-tennessee.html)

Michael 05-11-2003 05:13 AM

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Funkified 05-13-2003 01:26 AM

yo, i beat joe and veganchick!

buddadragon 05-14-2003 10:20 PM

I went to high school in Elizabethton. It's on the east side by Johnson City.

veganchick 05-15-2003 10:15 AM

Funkified,

I didn't know you were in TN. ?? What area?

I live in an suburb of Nashville. I don't mind living here, but my home is FL and my future home is NC. So, we're just setting up camp here for a while.

Funkified 05-15-2003 08:26 PM

i'm right around joe, actually. my real home is there,..but i go to school out of the state. i'm pretty much in TN all summer though.

Joe 05-15-2003 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkified

i'm right around joe, actually.

Where? I'm looking around, and don't see you.

Funkified 05-15-2003 08:48 PM

heh, look a little to the left, then step back on...a few thousand miles northwest. heh. i'll be back in town in a few weeks..

muppetcow 05-20-2003 09:03 AM

Hey, guys--looking for something fun to do this coming June? Why not meet up with other like-minded veggies in Atlanta? C'mon--it's not that far away!!

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...?threadid=4060

A good time is guaranteed for all! Vegan food, hot chicks, summer solstice, and fun! All are welcome--the more the merrier!

MorningStarr 05-20-2003 01:50 PM

I want to go to school in Chatanooga. my Dad is in Memphis right now :'( wish I was!

Funkified 05-20-2003 04:10 PM

no no! you dont wish you were in memphis, i promise! maybe i've just had bad experiences there. west TN is kinda nasty, in my opinion. chattanooga isn't a bad place at all though. east TN is pretty as long as you stay away from knoxville

thanks muppetcow, but the atlanta get to gether isn't inviting to me for one and only one reason

muppetcow 05-20-2003 05:37 PM

Well, all Tennesee-ans besides Funkified--COME TO THE GATHERING!!!

Funkified 05-20-2003 05:48 PM

it's a cult! it's a cult! don't do it!

muppetcow 05-20-2003 08:57 PM

Shush, Funk! It's not a cult at all, unless by cult you mean happy-veggie-love-goofy-fun-vegancinnamonrolls-fest.

oneness 05-20-2003 09:13 PM

ahhhh muppet you forgot to put tree-huggin in the mix.

veganchick 05-21-2003 10:29 AM

Did I miss an important piece of the puzzle? Why isn't the gathering inviting to you Funkified? Are we, TN veg*ns, going to get together for a foo-foo meal or something while you're home?

wildruby 02-01-2004 04:06 PM

wow, i hate to dig up a really old forum but i was still wondering if there were any vegetarians or vegans on the board from tennessee still. i currently go to mtsu and live in murfreesboro. i'm originally from the tri-cities...kingsport tennessee. just wanted to know...

Wiccanveg 02-15-2004 02:53 PM

Hey I was wondering if any one was planning on going to Bonnaroo...

veganchick 04-19-2004 05:51 PM

Wildruby,

I've been checking in occasionally, but may be a regular for a while.

Peter Parker 05-30-2004 08:14 AM

Im in Knoxville, wow it looks like the Tennessee thread hasnt been touched in some time.

Hello hello!

Joe 05-30-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post

Im in Knoxville, wow it looks like the Tennessee thread hasnt been touched in some time.

Hello hello!

Hi, I'm in Nashville.

I was just wondering if you've had any contact with the East Tennessee Vegetarian Society and if they are active and what they are doing.

Peter Parker 05-30-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Hi, I'm in Nashville.

I was just wondering if you've had any contact with the East Tennessee Vegetarian Society and if they are active and what they are doing.

none currently

Peter Parker 05-31-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Hi, I'm in Nashville.

its amazing how quick things can change:

The next potluck is this very next Sunday at six (dining begins at

6:30) at the Unitarian Church on Kingston Pike.

My wife and I will be attending

Joe 05-31-2004 11:17 AM

That sounds great.

Tell them EarthSave Nashville says "hi!"

Peter Parker 05-31-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

That sounds great.

Tell them EarthSave Nashville says "hi!"

will do so!

Christy 08-01-2004 06:53 AM

Hi! Does anyone know of any veg friendly restaurants in the Sevierville or Gatlinburg areas? (My husband is talking about taking a trip there next month to revisit where we got married and actually see the towns and sites, but I won't hold my breath.)

GhostUser 08-27-2004 10:41 AM

Hi, I'm trying to find out the best places to get good vegetarian dishes, and I'm also trying to find a good food store that has good healthy stuff. I just recently made the decision to ditch the meat--it's been interesting so far. I am wanting more food choices though. Any help?

HClark 09-02-2004 08:27 AM

Bud, I am currently living in the Central Community. I love it here, it is so beautiful.

calliope 09-06-2004 08:59 PM

Nisha.... I live in Johnson City. we are not the most veggie friendly town ever, but you DO have some choices here. My favorite places to eat are Stirfry(Asian), the Acoustic Coffeehouse, and the Mid City Grill. Ashville and Boone NC which are VERY close are great places to visit for nice veggie meals.

I find I can buy most of what I need from Krogers or one of the natural food markets here. Health Barn is one, and the Natural Foods Market is another. But again, if you are looking for something you can't seem to find here, Ashville or Boone are so close and they have larger organic and health food groceries there.

Anything I can do to help let me know!

lensgrabber 09-07-2004 07:56 PM

calliope,

Isn't there a Middle Eastern (small) place down by ETSU? Is the Indian restaurant still next to the mall or did it go poof?

veganpunkchick 09-07-2004 08:48 PM

hi! i live in johnson city and i am 17 and i am juss trying to find other teens around here that are vegetarians/vegan....i have been vegetarian for about 8 years and vegan for about 7 months now and i was juss trying to find some new people to hang out with