Moving to Nashville - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-20-2013, 05:14 PM

My girlfriend (vegetarian) and I (vegan) will be moving to the Nashville area next month. I'm wondering if there is anybody in this area that can help us find the local veg*n hotspots (restaurants, stores, food markets, etc.). I've been able to locate a Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Publix via my online searches.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Banned

Hi Imriela,

Sorry, I'm in the UK so can't advise you but maybe if I bump this to 'new posts' it might be seen by someone who can help.

Do you have lots of choice where you are currently living?  

#3 Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 PM

Yes, I currently live in Orlando, FL and have pretty good choices. I mainly cook at home, do most of my shopping at Whole Foods and a bit at Publix. Nashville has those plus a Trader Joe's, so I know I'll do fine. But I wanted to see if there are any Nashville people on here to give me some local inside knowledge, tell me about the little local places it takes months or more to discover. Maybe even make a new friend before I get there :) :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-31-2013, 01:59 PM

Krogers has a pretty good vegan section in there stores

#5 Old 08-12-2013, 09:20 AM

Hi,

I have lived in Middle Tn for over 25 years and over 10 of those have been as vegetarian/vegan. I'd be glad to give you info on options.

Have you selected an area of town to live in? East Nashville/Inglewood (where I grew up), Green Hills/Berry Hill, and Cool Springs are the more veggie friendly areas, but they have VERY different vibes. Let me know if you want more info on that.

As far as restaurants, I use these fantastic online sources all the time:

http://www.vegan-nutritionista.com/Nashville-vegan-restaurants.html

http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/47/2/Nashville/Vegan-Friendly-restaurants

This one has great restaurants & general info on living here:

http://nashveggie.com/blog/index.php/tag/restaurants/

There is also a meetup group that gets together often & would be a great way to introduce yourselves to the locals. smiley.gif

http://www.meetup.com/nashvegans/

Welcome to Nashville smiley.gif
Shantele
#6 Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM

Hi Shantele

I have found a place to live in the Bellshire area of Nashville (at least I assume that's what it's called, as the shopping center down the road is called "Bellshire Shopping Center" as well as there being a Bellshire school and church in the area). 

I joined the Nashvegans meetup group last month and will start going to meetups that I can make it to once I move up there. :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page