South Dakota - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 04:13 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Anybody from SD or interested in it at least? I am from Rapid City.
#3 Old 05-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Banned

long live the black hills! and wind cave! by the way...i'm still looking into that reunion thing i was telling you about (if you remember, ha!)...but i don't think it'll work. the friend i was going to go with will be in europe at the time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

sad! That would be cool to meet somebody off of here oh well maybe some other time. It is so pretty here, I want to go back to spearfish canyon and take more pictures mine turned out really good
#5 Old 05-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in VA now but I lived in Spearfish and Belle Fourche for three years and worked at Black Hills State University. The Hills are gorgeous and Spearfish canyon is breathtaking. Just wanted to say hi!
#6 Old 05-18-2003, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I just spent today in the hills it was so pretty. It was the parks free weekend, so I bought my season pass and we went to our families cabin. I had a lot of fun. We took my dog and he as good.
#7 Old 07-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

hmm It's been awhile since I posted in here but we now have another person from SD on the boards YAY! for Spamari!
#8 Old 08-13-2003, 07:23 AM

hey everyone! i am from brandon (near sioux falls). but i will only be here for another week or two. i am going back to school in nebraska. woohoo for sd!
#9 Old 08-13-2003, 11:12 PM

so does anyone else feel annoyed by the signs on the interstate...."we south dakotans reject animal activists" and the other one....something bout not exploiting animals would cause economic ruin? i think they are horrible. i feel so very welcome in my home state
#10 Old 08-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Veggie Regular

ICK! I know! There is one near Wall that says something about wildlife populations and wearing fur! YUCK!!

Where in NEB do you go to school? PM me if you want.
#11 Old 08-16-2003, 02:21 AM

i go to school at creighton university in omaha. not a lot of vegan options (cuz all the vegetarian stuff is "fortified" with cheese (ick!!)). but hopefully we can work through that........
#12 Old 08-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

One of my best friends goes there!! Is it your first year?
#13 Old 03-15-2004, 01:35 PM

Anyone out there from SD? I am in the northern Black Hills.

JohnAengus
#14 Old 04-18-2004, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamari View Post

so does anyone else feel annoyed by the signs on the interstate...."we south dakotans reject animal activists" and the other one....something bout not exploiting animals would cause economic ruin? i think they are horrible. i feel so very welcome in my home state

I for one am DISGUSTED by the signs! I recently saw the one "we south dakotans reject animal activists"

I am from Louisiana & was viviting Minnesota & we decided to spend part of our vacation in S.D. But after seeing the sign we dicided it was not a place for us at all.....Whoever put up these signs should be ashamed of themselves & I refused to spend one red cent in the state! I am very happy to say that my money was well spent in other states! Its sad bacause S.D. is such a beautiful state but the sign is BAD for tourists to see! The sign sickened me & I am sure a lot of other travelers feel the same way.
#15 Old 04-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey John!!
#16 Old 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

hey im in ND but visit SD often (was just there a couple wks ago) to visit friend in Rapid City - just thought i would say hi to the ppl in the neighboring state!! (ND board is very lonely *sniffle*)
#17 Old 03-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamari View Post

When I saw that sign coming in from MN, I felt really bad, like I had been personally insulted and threatened. If I lived near the border and saw it often, I would definitely change my route or avoid going into SD. I'd think the government would make an effort to convince the person to remove it, since tourism is so big there and it's such a rude sign.

I love the Badlands, though!
#18 Old 12-12-2006, 10:26 PM

I live in Sioux Falls.
#19 Old 05-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page