South Carolina - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 04:13 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, so it looks like maybe there aren't many veggieboarders in South Carolina...hmmm...

But, if you are secretly lurking in SC and haven't posted...check this out!

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...?threadid=4060

Atlanta isn't that far of a drive...c'mon, you know you want to go! It's going to be a veggie love fest--vegan food, hot chicks, summer solstice, iron-on patches...

All are welcome! The more the merrier!
#3 Old 07-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

My husband has family in Cowpens. Doesn't seem to be to veg friendly when we visit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in South Carolina. Is anyone else on the boards from here?
#5 Old 09-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl View Post

I live in South Carolina. Is anyone else on the boards from here?

I'm in Augusta, GA, right on the GA-SC border, so I suppose I sort of count.
#6 Old 10-22-2003, 10:36 AM

Folly beach
#7 Old 03-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Brand new. Charleston!
#8 Old 04-04-2004, 06:23 PM

Charleston/ West Ashley... for now!
#9 Old 04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome!
#10 Old 11-24-2004, 03:27 PM

I'll be relocating from NYC to Simpsonville, SC for one month only (this December) and I'm vegan. I will be staying in Simpsonville but commuting to work in Laurens, and was wondering if anyone knows of vegan restaurants or health food stores located in or near either of these two towns. The closest I've been able to come up with in my online search is a bunch of places in Columbia, but that's an hour and a half drive from Laurens and even further from Simpsonville! I need some help! Otherwise I have to seriously consider the option of packing a month's worth of food with me on this business trip!! Not appealing. Please help, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

xxJulia
#11 Old 03-08-2005, 12:30 PM

I live in Aiken, SC. About 30 minutes from Augusta, GA. About 1 hour SW of Columbia (was born in Columbia).

Just saying hello!
#12 Old 03-09-2005, 08:53 PM

hey any of you guys listen to greenday? if so i got a question!!! is billie joe gay or somthing cuz on mtv he was practically making out with this dude from the audience!!!
#13 Old 03-09-2005, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn_2_Pieces View Post

hey any of you guys listen to greenday? if so i got a question!!! is billie joe gay or somthing cuz on mtv he was practically making out with this dude from the audience!!!

Why is this in the South Carolina forum?
#14 Old 03-10-2005, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn_2_Pieces View Post

*ahem* Im not from SC, and I have no idea why this in the SC forum, but I can't resist a good Green Day question . No, he's not gay, but he is Bisexual. Although, he is married and has two kids. He makes a point of kissing a guy during every show they perform.

Hope that helped.
#15 Old 06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

revel - We'll be in Charleston next week. The issue is that we're both very picky, and my husband is a meat and potatoes guy. Mellow Mushroom - check, Olive Garden (north) - check, Moe's and Atlanta Bread Company - possibly. But what else? We'll be there 4 days, and I can only bring so many groceries. If we go to a seafood place (A.W. Shucks, for example - used to go there before going veg), will I have to eat lettuce and rolls? And what is this Charleston Beer Works? I might have to check that out.
#16 Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Beginner

I'm going to Charleston, too. Was just going to post the same thing. Like you, my man is meat and potatoes and we're both picky (in opposite directions).
#17 Old 07-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay. My plan is finally working...VBers coming to Charleston! Mwahahahahaha.
#18 Old 07-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Beginner

Haha. . .do you like living there? I've considered it for after college.
#19 Old 07-29-2005, 03:21 AM

I'm in South Carolina, for now at least. I live on the Air Force base in Charleston. I'm from St. Louis, MO though.
#20 Old 08-05-2005, 10:11 AM

i'm going to Hilton Head in September. i am hoping to find some vegan restaurants or even restaurants that offer vegan options.

anyone from that area?
#21 Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 PM

hello! new to VB. i live near columbia, sc. anyone else in the area?
#22 Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 PM

I'm in Greenville. The only places around here I know that serve vegetarian/vegan are Swad Indian Restaraunt on Laurens Road (awesome soup) and India Palace on Pleasantburg. I've heard Pita House on Pleasantburg also has some vegan stuff but I've never been.

I'm a new vegetarian (about a week) but my hubby has done it periodically-- with both of us doing it now I'll sure we can stick to it together.
#23 Old 04-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi. I'm in Aiken.

i'm heading to the columbia flea market tomorrow, if the weather holds.
#24 Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieNetters View Post

I'm in Greenville. The only places around here I know that serve vegetarian/vegan are Swad Indian Restaraunt on Laurens Road (awesome soup) and India Palace on Pleasantburg. I've heard Pita House on Pleasantburg also has some vegan stuff but I've never been.

I'm a new vegetarian (about a week) but my hubby has done it periodically-- with both of us doing it now I'll sure we can stick to it together.

I grew up near Clemson and lived in Greenville for a couple of years. The Pita House is easily my favorite my restaurant -- well worth the trip! Also, Earth Fare has some pretty good vegan options in their cafeteria. They used to serve a cutlet in savory gravy that was to die for. I'd usually get the cutlet, new potatoes, and a salad there, then buy a second meal to go. Garner's cafeteria never excited me that much, but they sold incredibly good brownies and the best mock tuna salad (though it tasted nothing at all like tuna) I've ever had.

There also used to be an Indian place on East North Street (across from Publix) that had some really good veg dishes. Don't know if they're still in business.
#25 Old 04-08-2006, 07:00 AM

Yay, a Hilton Head question!

I'm not from there but have spent tons and tons of time in HH as my grandparents have always had a house there.

Definitely check out FIESTA FRESH if you like Mexican - there are a few different locations on the island. They have the most amazing food and they have a vegetarian section on their menu and they're so nice and really happy to modify if you don't want cheese or something else.

Mellow Mushroom is also great - their tofu hoagies are amazing, oh my God.

A Taste of Thailand is incredible - try the vegetarian Pad Thai.

It's Greek To Me also has some great stuff.

These are my favorites, but honestly - there are over two hundred restaurants on the island and almost all of them will have something you can eat. And not just pasta with steamed veggies, like many places. You can get real food. Every time I go there I spend almost all of my money going out to eat. You shouldn't have any problems.

Have fun! Hilton Head is great!!

>>>i'm going to Hilton Head in September. i am hoping to find some vegan restaurants or even restaurants that offer vegan options.

anyone from that area?<<<
#26 Old 04-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Me!
#27 Old 04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I went to a couple flea markets in columbia two weeks ago. I found a link that shows where lots of big fleamarkets are and the pricings of booths, etc http://www.fleamarketguide.com/sc.htm

I also found a site that lists a few cities that have vegetarian and vegan friendly restaurants. It also has some health food stores listed. http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.ne...rolinaReal.htm

Also found a list of animal shelters in various cities and counties. Thought that would be helpful, too. http://www.netpets.com/cats/catresc/scarolina.html
#28 Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningCalm View Post

I grew up near Clemson and lived in Greenville for a couple of years. The Pita House is easily my favorite my restaurant -- well worth the trip! Also, Earth Fare has some pretty good vegan options in their cafeteria. They used to serve a cutlet in savory gravy that was to die for. I'd usually get the cutlet, new potatoes, and a salad there, then buy a second meal to go. Garner's cafeteria never excited me that much, but they sold incredibly good brownies and the best mock tuna salad (though it tasted nothing at all like tuna) I've ever had.

There also used to be an Indian place on East North Street (across from Publix) that had some really good veg dishes. Don't know if they're still in business.

I shop at Earth Fare all the time but have never tried their caf. I'll have to check it out next time! Since Whole Foods opened last week, I'm not sure how often I'll go to Earth Fare since it is farther away from my house and I am SOOOOO in love with Whole Foods. They had the best Tofu "Egg" Salad!
#29 Old 06-09-2006, 08:46 AM

I thought I'd bump this thread and let everyone know I'm from SC. I'm actually from columbia and have been here all my life. I'm 21 by the way. Anyhow, I've been vegetarian for 3 months or so. Downtown area has lots of places to eat, so if you would like to ask any questions, feel free.
#30 Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 PM

*waving*

I'm in Columbia, SC. Anyone else?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page