Oregon Voodoo Doughnuts - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-17-2008, 06:04 PM

http://voodoodoughnut.com/index.html

I live in WA, close to Seattle, and have seen something on the travel channel about this place and it looks really interesting and the fact that they do weddings and I'm engaged just makes my day and I was wondering if anyone living in Portland has been there and what you have to say on the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Veggie Regular

1. Don't get the one with bacon on it.

2. They're really good. My mouth is watering thinking about the one with cocoa puffs on it.
#3 Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 AM

I would never get the one with bacon on it. Even before I was vege, never. I have this thing where I've never been able to see pig-products as tasty, they've always been Wilbur.

Question, the dougnuts not specified vegan, are they? Or are they just vege?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhri View Post

Question, the dougnuts not specified vegan, are they? Or are they just vege?

they have a small selection of [delicious] vegan doughnuts, the other ones might have a dairy product in the topping or glaze.

Voodoo Doughnuts recently opened up a second location, [1501 N.E. Davis St. in Portland Oregon], it's a big pink building, this location has a parking lot and a larger sit down area.

i just love this place, i bought their running shorts so i can be in-style while sweating off those doughnuts
#5 Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Seattle has it's own ALL VEGAN doughnut shop. "Mighty-O Doughnuts".. (too lazy to Google a link).
#6 Old 08-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, but does it have doughnuts topped with cocoa krispies and peanut butter?!?

Voodoo's fantastic in terms of both the nosh and the ambiance - definitely check it out.
#7 Old 08-22-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempeh-Tantrums View Post

Seattle has it's own ALL VEGAN doughnut shop. "Mighty-O Doughnuts".. (too lazy to Google a link).

Oh, I know about that place. We had some brought into work at one point, but voodoo doughnuts marries people and it's just weird enough my fiance and I are considering it. =)
#8 Old 11-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Beginner

Yeah, I saw that show on the travel channel about Voodoo Donut also. I have been wanting to go there too. I pass it quite a bit, but have never stopped in before.
#9 Old 01-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I myself have never been to VooDoo Doughnuts, but my friend has and brought me back one. I was picking her up from the airport one time and we were going to go, but we decided to go the long way (highway 26 at night is evil).

I do like their doughnuts, even though I don't remember what she brought me. It had chocolate, that was good enough.

BTW, link doesn't work.

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#10 Old 11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessican3267 View Post

Yeah, I saw that show on the travel channel about Voodoo Donut also. I have been wanting to go there too. I pass it quite a bit, but have never stopped in before.

OK, I have officially tried some donuts at Voodoo Donut. I went in with my mom and my niece. My niece saw it on the travel channel also and really wanted to go there so I took her there. I LOVE there donuts. So yummy!
#11 Old 11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

crap, it's been mentioned to me twice in two days and now this is the third time i've seen something about this place.

guess i'll go check it out

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#12 Old 01-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Beginner

If anyone else is on the westside, Food Front Co-Op in Hillsdale now sells Voodoo Donuts at the Deli counter.
#13 Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in Eugene, we have Holy Doughnuts, which is tastier and healthier. We also have Voodoo down here, but I've never been there since my family got me a Voodoo doughnut when we were in Portland and it wasn't that good and hurt my tummy. Holy has always been both delicious and no tummy hurting. So when a friend wants to go to Voodoo I take them there or Sweet Life and they tell me it was a good call X^)

Fear is simply the consequence of the acceptance of ignorance; reject ignorance and accept knowledge-- with knowledge all fears are relinquished and the light of truth within shines through to guide your path.
#14 Old 05-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

My husband and I were in Portland for vacation last year. I had the Chick-O-Stick topped doughnut. I WAS AWESOME!
#15 Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Banned

I know this thread is like a year old, but oh well! I just have to say that I LOVE Voodoo donuts. They are the best! :) Granted, I've never had the vegan kind but I've been told they taste exactly the same as the regular. (Last time I ate there was before I went vegan). I'll have to go back when I can and try the vegan kind.

#16 Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM

I have heard that their regular donoughts have lard in them so if I were you I would get the vegan doughnuts to be safe.

#17 Old 06-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope you feel this way about all sentient beings, not just "Wilbur".....don't forget Bessie, and,.....and.....that's all I got.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page