Oregon Any suggestions on relocating? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Have any of you with families to support successfully relocated from hundreds of (or a thousand) miles away to Oregon? My wife and I really want to move to Portland, Eugene, or any of the beautiful places up there. Can you recommend any reliable, ethical realtors? Parts of town to live in? Good and bad companies to work for?

My wife is a dog trainer and I'm also wondering how the market seems up there. Are there a decent amount of dog parks, dog-friendly outdoor restaurants, things like that?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Send a PM to Dirty Martini. She used to live in Portland and is quite knowledgeable about it, I believe.
#3 Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 PM

I have lived in Eugene for my entire life. I can give you neighborhood overviews if you are interested. We have 4 dog parks here and they are spread out around the city. I'm just out of college, so I don't know a lot about companies and the workforce, but there aren't a lot of jobs here right now. Let me know if you have specific questions and I'll try my best to answer them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Oregon is my favorite place in the US. Eugene is my favorite city in Oregon. But there's not too many jobs around there... and even fewer good jobs. It's a wonderful, free thinking, artistic, activist area but the unemployment is just as bad or worse than detroit at times (usually #1 unemployment in the US). This is why being homeless in Eugene is the in-thing, lol.

Fear is simply the consequence of the acceptance of ignorance; reject ignorance and accept knowledge-- with knowledge all fears are relinquished and the light of truth within shines through to guide your path.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page