Oregon Portland Veg Restaurants - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I am planning to be in Portland, Oregon this coming weekend and would like to know of any favorite restaurants to try. This will be my first time eating out at a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, since I don't live near any. My husband who is a transitioning omni will be will me, so I would really like it to be something absolutely fantastic.

I have found alot of restaurants over the web, but would like to aim towards one in or short distance from NE Portland. I don't want to have to drive lost, starving and grumpy across town for lunch...if you know what I mean. Anyone have some good suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Don't know if you're still in town, but here's a few suggestions:

Nutshell: Very trendy place, good food with a fun atmosphere. Definitely get the rice fritters, they're amazing. The pizza is great, but it's got a TON of garlic on it so be warned. Just down the street from Pix, so you can have dessert as well.

Cup & Saucer NorthEast. There's a few of these around town, but this has been consistently the best. Their mushroom gravy is some of the best I've had in a restaurant, so consider the biscuits.

If you're in the mood for pizza, I like Ken's Artisan, but lots of people prefer Apizza Scholls, which actually got a little segment on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.
#3 Old 08-31-2008, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Backspace is a great stop, they have good nachos

definitely stop by Ground Kontrol, it's this awesome two-story video arcade with pretty much any arcade game you can think of, they usually have a variety of live entertainment in the evening as well (not a vegie resturaunt but though you'd be intersted)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Veggie Regular

oh!! also if you do end up getting into a pizza mood there's also Rocco's Pizza

they have delicious vegan pizza and it's only $2 for a giant slice
#5 Old 08-31-2008, 03:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenguin View Post

If you're in the mood for pizza, I like Ken's Artisan, but lots of people prefer Apizza Scholls, which actually got a little segment on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.

there is also Rocco's Pizza

they have delicious vegan pizza and it's only $2 for a giant slice
NormalSkull likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page