Bend-Based Next Level Burger is Bringing its Vegan Fast Food to Portland - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LorriePaige

#1 Old 06-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

Bend-Based Next Level Burger is Bringing its Vegan Fast Food to Portland

We just keep getting more and more vegan restaurants here! YAY!

http://pdx.eater.com/2015/4/22/84715...-bend-portland
no whey jose likes this.

VEGAN = LOVE FOR PEOPLE, ANIMALS, PLANET.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2015, 03:56 PM
Beginner

What! This is amazing! I'm in Portland, too. I might have to camp out on the sidewalk the night before opening or something. Thanks for posting!

I've only been back to veganism for a couple of months now and I haven't eaten out that much. I had a hotlips vegan pizza the other day that was pretty incredible, and I ate one of the tofu bowls at the Bye and Bye last night. There's so much stuff I want to try. Any recommendations?
#3 Old 06-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

I don't go to a lot of vegan restaurants as I tend to cook/eat at home.

I've only been to Veggie Grill and Loving Hut downtown, Vegetarian House (which is a vegan restaurant) in Chinatown, and for chocolate desserts, Missionary Chocolates on the NE side.

Last edited by LorriePaige; 06-11-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorriePaige View Post
I don't go to a lot of vegan restaurants as I tend to cook/eat at home.

I've only been to Veggie Grill and Loving Hut downtown, Vegetarian House (which is a vegan restaurant) in Chinatown, and for chocolate desserts, Missionary Chocolates on the NE side.
Missionary Chocolates, huh? I'll check that out. I live in NE.

I used to eat at loving hut a lot when I was vegan before. I read recently about the woman who leads that religion having a bunch of mangroves cut down in Florida or something sketchy like that. You might have heard about that controversy.
#5 Old 06-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

No, I never heard about that. Interesting.

I love Loving Hut's desserts, but for main meals I prefer Veggie Grill's food.

Missionary Chocolates sells only vegan chocolates. Most of their chocolates don't have that bitter taste, and taste similar to milk chocolate. They use coconut cream. Here is their website: https://missionarychocolates.com/drupal/

It's a very small one room, like a take-out only. They sell some gifts. Very nice people.

Last edited by LorriePaige; 06-11-2015 at 08:12 PM.
#6 Old 06-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Beginner

I still haven't tried veggie grill. I plan on heading down there soon.
#7 Old 06-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

Have you, xPigeon Swarmx, or anyone else heard any more news about the Germany based all-vegan grocery store, Veganz, coming to Portland?

I heard in 2014 they were coming in 2016, but since then, I haven't heard a peep out of them and neither has anyone else I spoken to here in PDX. I, and others I've talked to, sent emails, messages to Veganz, but they have not said a word. As someone I spoken to said, maybe it was all just an urban legend, or more likely, they've decided not to have a store here.

Here is the news about them coming to PDX, if you haven't seen it: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/w...-europe-video/

#8 Old 06-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Beginner

Oh, no way. I hadn't heard anything about that. How awesome would that be? I watched a video on YouTube about that place -- the Berlin location. There's a vegan shoes and clothing store next to it. I wonder what the deal is with them and Portland. They could be part of the mini mall, or whatever it's called. I still haven't been there either. I was at Food Fight on opening day on Division back in the day.
#9 Old 06-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPigeon Swarmx View Post
Oh, no way. I hadn't heard anything about that. How awesome would that be? I watched a video on YouTube about that place -- the Berlin location. There's a vegan shoes and clothing store next to it. I wonder what the deal is with them and Portland. They could be part of the mini mall, or whatever it's called. I still haven't been there either. I was at Food Fight on opening day on Division back in the day.
It would be VERY awesome. I'd say goodbye Whole Foods and News Seasons; I would not shop at those places anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page