Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
  • 3 Post By beanspud
  • 1 Post By leedsveg
  • 4 Post By beanspud

#1 Old 10-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

In PDX for Marathon

I'm running the half tomorrow, probably not breaking any records. First visit to PDX and the vegan food options are amazing! Public transit and cycling infrastructure is miles ahead of FL. People are friendly for the most part, and the city feels very safe overall. How lucky you PDX veg*Na have it!

So wake up early to show support for us crazy runners, I'll be repping a Vegan tee. If you've got any recommendations for things to do while here, suggest them. Cheers.
Purp, LedBoots and seedgirl like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Hope you have a good run beanspud and enjoy all that vegan food before and after the race.
#3 Old 10-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks LV. Marathon went great, approximately 2:50:00 for 13.1 miles. Knees are a bit stiff, but totally worth it. I really see why people get into doing long distance running!

I got a vegan pizza 'buffalo 666' and 'vegan angel of doom' on the way to sooth my now insatiable appetite. Love this city.
Purp, LedBoots, leedsveg and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-06-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanspud View Post
Thanks LV. Marathon went great, approximately 2:50:00 for 13.1 miles. Knees are a bit stiff, but totally worth it. I really see why people get into doing long distance running!

I got a vegan pizza 'buffalo 666' and 'vegan angel of doom' on the way to sooth my now insatiable appetite. Love this city.
Good for you!

I always feel more alive when I run even though there are times I feel like I'm about to die. I once had a friend tell me that running is not a sport because it doesn't require any skill and just about anyone can do it. Whatever. It takes fitness and endurance to run any distance.

It's great that they have plenty of vegan food there, too!
#5 Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedgirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanspud View Post

Good for you!

I always feel more alive when I run even though there are times I feel like I'm about to die. I once had a friend tell me that running is not a sport because it doesn't require any skill and just about anyone can do it. Whatever. It takes fitness and endurance to run any distance.

It's great that they have plenty of vegan food there, too!
That's a pretty silly thing for your friend to say. Any able bodied person can run, but to run for distance, speed, and in a manner to prevent injury is quite a sport. It is a sport that is very inexpensive if you want it to be... I saw a gentleman running barefoot during the Marathon! He actually beat me IIRC.

I definitely enjoy the mix of endorphins and pain running brings. It's a good feeling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page