Oklahoma Oooh Ooh ooh! Raw food event in Noble on 7/11! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Picked up The Oklahoma Gazette at the library today and was just looking through this when the word "vegan" jumped up and screamed at me. I'll retype everything in the article (it's short). Stuff in color is my doing.

Like it Raw?

Native Roots Market, 132 W. Main in Norman, is welcoming Oklahoma Botanicals of Noble for a raw food event from 5 to 10 pm, July 11. Good food, live music and guest speakers on various topics will be presented. Raw vegan dishes, fresh juice and wheatgrass shots will all be available, along with complimentary smoothies. Call 310-6300 for more details.

-----------------

Okay, I just called them and the Gazette is wrong. Native Roots Market is merely participating, not hosting. The actual event will be at 8751 E Maguire Rd in Noble. NOT NORMAN. I just called the Oklahoma Botanicals (who WILL be hosting the event according to Native Roots Market), but they didn't answer their phone...just left a message. If anyone else wants to try, it's 872-3731.

----------------------

Oh, also, according to Native Roots Market, the "various topics" will be:

herbal detox

superfood

raw food nutrition

and

healthy living.

And by the way, SO jealous of those of you in/near Norman. Native Roots Market looks like fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, who knew raw food was even thought of in Noble?

I've yet to make it to Native Roots. Seems like a cool place!
#3 Old 07-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Got a call back from Oklahoma Botanicals and they confirmed that it will be all raw and all VEGAN! I'm planning to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Really? A raw vegan food event in Noble? Interesting! About time someone has one, but Noble?

No offense to anyone from there, but my cousin grew up there and she did FFA, wore cowboy boots and the like, so I always equate Noble with that way of life. Times change!

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#5 Old 07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Sooooo~ anyone interested in going? According to google maps, I'll be driving right through Norman. My car can hold three more people if anyone wants a ride.

(part of google's directions for me)

4. Take the exit onto US-77 S 5.0 mi

5. Continue on I-235 S 5.3 mi

6. Continue on I-35 S 17.5 mi

7. Take exit 108A-B to merge onto W OK-9 toward Tecumseh 5.2 mi

8. Take the ramp to Classen Blvd/US-77 0.3 mi

9. Turn left at Classen Blvd/US-77

Continue to follow US-77 3.9 mi

10. Turn left at E Maguire Rd 4.4 mi
#6 Old 07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZdogs View Post

Sooooo~ anyone interested in going? According to google maps, I'll be driving right through Norman. My car can hold three more people if anyone wants a ride.

(part of google's directions for me)

4. Take the exit onto US-77 S 5.0 mi

5. Continue on I-235 S 5.3 mi

6. Continue on I-35 S 17.5 mi

7. Take exit 108A-B to merge onto W OK-9 toward Tecumseh 5.2 mi

8. Take the ramp to Classen Blvd/US-77 0.3 mi

9. Turn left at Classen Blvd/US-77

Continue to follow US-77 3.9 mi

10. Turn left at E Maguire Rd 4.4 mi

Sign Angel and I up. Sure you don't mind picking us up?

We probably can't stay the whole 5 hours, but it'd be interesting to go.

Shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.
#7 Old 07-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Check your inbox, Brandon.

*takes out paper and pencil and does the math....* That leaves one seat still available!

More info on the event:

The Vegetarians of Oklahoma will be there. (Did you even know there was such a society here?)

There will be around 18 booths.

Food will be between 5 and 6...it was described as a vegan potluck, but absolutely no mention of any guests needing to bring anything. I think that the people in charge of the booths are bring the food?

This has been an annual event for years. This is the first year they've really advertised it.

It's happening in Noble because that is where Oklahoma Botanicals (the host) is located. The owners have a lot of land down there.
#8 Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

See you on Saturday!

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in