Oklahoma Summer meetup anyone? Let's talk... - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: What do you feel like doing?
I'd like a restaurant meetup 0 0%
I'd like to plan a potluck 0 0%
I think we should go do something fun (please mention your idea) 0 0%
I'm game for anything 0 0%
I want to sit alone in a dark room and stare at the inside of my eyelids 0 0%
I WANNA RAWK 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Veggie Regular

So, hi.

It's raining a lot lately and that's a bummer. We need something fun to do!

Shall we discuss a restaurant meetup? A potluck? Some sort of activity (mini golf, bowling, Rock Band party etc) ? Some or all of the above?

What do you think? This thread's for brainstorming, when we get a consensus we can go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

So, hi.

It's raining a lot lately and that's a bummer. We need something fun to do!

Shall we discuss a restaurant meetup? A potluck? Some sort of activity (mini golf, bowling, Rock Band party etc) ? Some or all of the above?

What do you think? This thread's for brainstorming, when we get a consensus we can go from there.

I was just coming here to yell out for the other OK peeps. I've missed you guys!

What if all of the above sounds fun? Really though, we should try a potluck sometime this summer, we haven't had one in a while, and they are always fun. B, do you know if that raw restaurant is still kicking in OKc? That might be something fun and different as well.

I am sad to report however that the bowling alley up the street from my apt is now closed. I guess Kelley made them bankrupt after her awesome strike that won her free games that night.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#3 Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

WHAT?! I can't cash in on my free bowling games?! That was the only time I will probably EVER do that and I can't even benefit from it fully (other than hearing the applause of my dozens of adoring fans) Le sigh.

I'm happy to do most anything! So I will not vote yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-15-2009, 06:53 PM

Whew! Now that school is over for the semester (YES!), we're totally open to hosting a potluck. We'll be heading to MN next week, but will be back 31 May. Of course, we're open to pretty much anything. The sky's the limit!

Can you tell I'm less stressed? :P

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#5 Old 05-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, so we're leaning towards a potluck next?

Now that the weather's looking up, I'd like to go do something outside sometime too.
#6 Old 05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Outside would be good. We could do the putt-putt idea sometime. I've never been, so I would love to try it.

I look forward to doing something soon! By the way, Jason's birthday bash was fun, thanks again for having us Michele! Hope your trip to MN is safe and fun!

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#7 Old 05-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

putt putt sounds fun Or a potluck picnic and bike ride? Or swimming (my apartment has a pool!)? There are lots of outdoor options
#8 Old 05-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh - and you guys won't believe it - sick AGAIN! for what, the 6th time out of the last 7 months? This is getting out of hand.
#9 Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Geez, Kelley!!! That's a whole lot of sick!! Quit it, ya hear??!!

I dunno if everyone has a bike. Angel doesn't, for example.

I hear that Andy Alligator's off of I-35 has a good mini-golf course. Perfect Swing is ok. Celebration Station's is pretty nice if we feel like going to OKC.

Just found this:

http://www.andyalligators.com/attractions.php

Dude, go-karts....
#10 Old 05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Goodness Kelley! Why do you keep getting sick? You have been sick a lot this year. You are going to the doc, right? I hope you get better soon!

#11 Old 05-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I go to the doctor. And get antibiotics and a various cocktail of other medicines to take. I hate to over-medicate, and I hate to take antibiotics too much because they'll stop working, which I express to my doctor, but she says I need to take them. Sigh... I'm falling apart! Yesterday I got this gross bump on the back of my hand that my mom diagnosed (over the phone) as a ganglion cyst. That must not be what it was because it was gone when I got up this morning but it was replaced by a grotesque, large bruise on the back of my hand and knuckle. It kindof looks like a horse stepped on my hand or something. I don't know. I think I need vitamins. Mmm....orange juice...

We all have cats! Let's take our cats for a walk and take lots of pictures (Eddie hunkers to the ground if I take him outside in his harness. Of course, I'm not sure he fits in it anymore...)
#12 Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Heh, big pass on taking my cats out. Arlo *refuses* to go out and Aspen would go jake and start hunting every bit of animal life she could see. If she took off running, I'd be hard pressed to catch her. She's crazy fast.

Kelley, definitely do the Vitamin C. Try taking some zinc and echinacea too.

I'm assuming it's largely your job that brings you into contact with various illness.

Those Airborne tablet things seem to be good also. (But are expensive)

Get well soon so we can all hang out!
#13 Old 05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I just can't figure out why now, all of the sudden, I'm getting sick on an almost predictable monthly basis and I didn't before, if it's my job that's bringing me into contact with all this stuff. But nevertheless, I'm using various hand sanitizers, not sharing my pen, and avoiding touching my face as much as possible. Blah!

I was kidding about taking the cats for a walk, btw I brought Eddie with me to Tulsa this weekend and my parents and I had the neighbors over for breakfast this morning. We ate out on the patio and my mom suggested letting Eddie out to eat with us, but I thought that was a bad idea... 1) I don't know how he would react and if he went up in a tree I'd have to wait until he came down and then try and catch him, and 2) He might expect to be able to go outside back home, and someone would swoop in and take him home with them, and it's impossible to explain that to a cat.
#14 Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, so.........

#15 Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

We should definitely plan something soon, I miss you guys!

Sorry I've been away for a bit, I have been busy with work and trying to buy a house. Who knew buying a house could be such busy work! I so hope it works out, if it does, we will definitely have to do a potluck once we are settled.

Until then, summer's ticking away! Let's go eat or something...

#16 Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow Brandon, I know I haven't seen you in a while but I didn't realize it had been THAT long (referring to your new avatar)! Yeah we should get together for food soon.
#17 Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarreKelley View Post

Wow Brandon, I know I haven't seen you in a while but I didn't realize it had been THAT long (referring to your new avatar)! Yeah we should get together for food soon.

Ok, so like, when?

I know you're busy so let us know when works for you. We'll be busy moving hopefully in the near future but even at that we need to eat so we're probably good to go whenever.
#18 Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Where the heck did the summer go??? We still haven't hung out!
#19 Old 08-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

No doubt! Now it's almost over...

I was seriously about to come post an Oklahoma MIA thread. Where is everyone?

#20 Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm here!
#21 Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarreKelley View Post

I'm here!

Hey I sent you a comment on FB. Are we still on for tomorrow night? Did you want to do dinner and drinks or just go for drinks? Staying here and having drinks here is an option as well.

It's your 3 year celebration, so we'll do whatever you want

#22 Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Rawr! I apparently have a spy on Facebook. No longer can I vent about work there. Either a co-worker that I've befriended there is telling people about the things I say, or someone who isn't my friend has been looking at my profile on a regular basis and telling people about it. So I've had to update my privacy settings and have been given "advice" by my boss/friend to start watching what I say.
#23 Old 08-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

^^That totally sucks! I know how it is though, I have some of my co-workers on Facebook, so it's not like I could probably vent there myself. Even so, if one wanted to vent, one should have the right to do so and all co-workers that don't like it should STFU.

#24 Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree! Unfortunately, it's so political in offices sometimes that retarded as it sounds, if I were up for a promotion or something it could end up affecting that. Not officially, of course, but they'd look for something else to blame it on because they think I have a bad attitude or something. Bah.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page