Oklahoma Vegan cakes in Tulsa? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 AM

Hello fellow Oklahomans! I need two cakes for next weekend and am struggling to find a way to represent myself and have one of them be vegan -- baking's not an option 'cause I won't be in town until the very day the cakes are needed (plus, uhm, I've never baked a cake, but I'd give it a go).

I know Whole Foods has one vegan cake available and we've had it; I liked it all right (probably more out of principle), family wasn't crazy about it, I'll try to get it again if there're no other options, but I was hoping maybe someone here knows where I can find one or custom order it. I live in McAlester, but the closest hope is probably Tulsa. Even then, um, I'm not hoping for much -- BUT I HAD TO TRY, SO -- HALP!?!

UPDATE: So I got the cake from Whole Foods again and it was a whole lot tastier than before; it was moister, the frosting wasn't hard or crumbly, and the raspberry filling had a much bigger presence. My mom loved it this time around. The one before was probably just old, having probably scared off anyone who read the "vegan" tag next to it until I came along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned

Hi Tulsa, Definitely check out buykind.com. Amazing vegan cakes that can be delivered to your door. Call them as soon as possible so you can receive a cake in time. - Direct page link to cakes at buykind.com is www.buykind.com/vegancakes.html. Happy deee-licous cruelty-free cake eating to you!! -Jory
#3 Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Luise! Welcome to the Ok threads.

I wish I could help you with your question, but I don't know your area very well. I'm in Norman, and there isn't a Whole Foods around here. I hope you find something! Sorry I couldn't be of much help to you.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 AM

since when has there been a Whole Foods in Tulsa. I learn something new everyday.
#5 Old 04-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

It used to be Wild Oats
#6 Old 03-03-2015, 08:24 AM

Lightbulb Vegan Baker in Tulsa

I know this thread is super old, but I wanted to note for anyone else looking for a vegan cake, that there is now another choice in Tulsa! I own a cake company in Tulsa called Rylee Cakes and I do vegan cakes all the time for my clients! And they are SO yummy!! Some of them I actually like more than my "Regular" recipes! I use Enter-G egg replacer instead of the eggs, coconut milk, Earths Balance brand for butter (if the certain flavor calls for it), and for sugar I use vegan sugar! You can check out my work at www.Facebook.com/ryleecakes and contact me at [email protected] if you'd like more information on a cake! I'm so happy to be able to be one of the first in the area to take care of all my vegan friends!! Take care!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page