Oklahoma All things Oklahoma (general discussion thread) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Come have dinner a different night?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

And deviate from the Sunday plan?!?!! What?!?!?!
#33 Old 10-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

So what are we doing guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm butting in just to say:

You guys make me miss the Sooner State

Carry on!
#35 Old 10-05-2008, 02:32 PM

I miss you guys =[

AND i just now found this thread.
#36 Old 10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreep heather View Post

I'm butting in just to say:

You guys make me miss the Sooner State

Carry on!

So come visit sometime! You'd definitely be welcome to join us if you were so inclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunni View Post

I miss you guys =[

AND i just now found this thread.

It's been too long! You should come meetup with us as soon as you can. I know it's a long drive.
#37 Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

So come visit sometime! You'd definitely be welcome to join us if you were so inclined.

Awe thanks!!!

I know I'm coming up to OKC in November...it's just the drive is HORRENDOUS from Dallas to OKC. There's really nothing to look at >.>
#38 Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

It' not that bad of a drive, but I do know what you mean. It's pretty flat and boring.

Just give us a shout here if you want to meetup!
#39 Old 10-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I've talked with Kelley lately, and I know Mary's been w/o any internet until recently. Where the heck is everybody?

We're nearing mid-October! Are we gonna hang out?
#40 Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I think we scared them off
#41 Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Veggie Regular

What do you mean "we" ?

I'm betting most people are super busy, but c'mon...you gotta eat!
#42 Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 AM

I just got back into town and have a crazy insane week ahead. Jason just started teaching 2 additional sections today and we're moving the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Ahhhh! Why did we do this to ourselves?

But yes, we do need to eat. I'm still open to possibly hosting the potluck the weekend after next, as long as no one minds a stray kitteh that we picked up running about and boxes. :P

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#43 Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwitch78 View Post

I just got back into town and have a crazy insane week ahead. Jason just started teaching 2 additional sections today and we're moving the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Ahhhh! Why did we do this to ourselves?

But yes, we do need to eat. I'm still open to possibly hosting the potluck the weekend after next, as long as no one minds a stray kitteh that we picked up running about and boxes. :P

She lives!!!

Are you guys still moving more "in-town" like you'd mentioned?

You're talking the weekend of the 25th? Guess what...I'm doing March of 1000 Flaming Skeletons the night of the 25th and running on Sunday morning but if the potluck was Sunday night I could theoretically make it.
#44 Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM

We're moving into Hillcrest Estates off Alameda between 12th and 24th. It's just a quick walk to the CART or I can bike it if I'd like. I'm really excited, as it's a 2-level townhome for $250 less a month than we're paying here. Yea!

Sunday night on the 25th works for me -- I'll have to check with Jason about his work schedule. He seems to be back to MWF, but who knows. I also seem to recall Kelley saying she'd be out of town this weekend, but if that works better for people... Either weekend is fine; I just need some notice to clean! :P

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#45 Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

That weekend is ok with me - and Sunday night will be great! It will be a nice wrap-up to my vacation

Oh, and those townhomes are good to live in - I had several friends live there while I was in college. Of course, they could have changed in the last few years, but at least back then they were fine! My friends all lived there several years.

Oh - and Brandon - about your little "'we' scared them off' comment - Not nice!!!!! No more Ms. Nice Guy!!!

Let me know!!!
#46 Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM

So I just got an invite to Diwali on Sunday the 26th... I though it might be fun if we do our meet up that night, see the Diwali celebration and catch dinner afterward. The caterer last year was Himalayas...

I'm still open to the potluck as an option -- just let me know so I can hide all the boxes! :P

EDIT: The tickets are $5 for students, not sure how much for non-students. My friend suggested I buy all the tickets at student price... Either Himalayas or Gopuram Taste of India will be catering, though it sounds like they're leaning toward Himalayas. Gopuram catered Roo-ba-roo last spring and they were tasty, too.

So what's the plan?

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#47 Old 10-23-2008, 02:11 PM

I just thought I'd let the zombified corpse of me come and post a comment. Yeah, I've been busy. Yeah, I've been using my head for self-colonoscopy lately. Yeah, I'm certifiably insane. Yeah, cow average purple the.

But I guess it's not that bad. I've missed being social, but it's nice to pay bills. I'm working from 9-4 on Sunday, so it's theoretically possible that I could make it to Diwali on Sunday evening. Anyone else?

Otherwise, it's back to the grading.
#48 Old 10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

So I just got an invite to Diwali on Sunday the 26th... I though it might be fun if we do our meet up that night, see the Diwali celebration and catch dinner afterward. The caterer last year was Himalayas...

I'm still open to the potluck as an option -- just let me know so I can hide all the boxes! :P

EDIT: The tickets are $5 for students, not sure how much for non-students. My friend suggested I buy all the tickets at student price... Either Himalayas or Gopuram Taste of India will be catering, though it sounds like they're leaning toward Himalayas. Gopuram catered Roo-ba-roo last spring and they were tasty, too.

So what's the plan?

I'm running a 5K that morning but am open that evening to the best of my knowledge. Saturday night I will be dressing in a bony costume and wielding a flaming torch aloft with 999 other people.

Where's Diwali at?

Seems like it'd be easier to just to that than potluck since there's not a lot of advance notice and you guys are so busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic 2.0 View Post

I just thought I'd let the zombified corpse of me come and post a comment. Yeah, I've been busy. Yeah, I've been using my head for self-colonoscopy lately. Yeah, I'm certifiably insane. Yeah, cow average purple the.

But I guess it's not that bad. I've missed being social, but it's nice to pay bills. I'm working from 9-4 on Sunday, so it's theoretically possible that I could make it to Diwali on Sunday evening. Anyone else?

Otherwise, it's back to the grading.

Cow average purple the. =

Zombie eh? *starts looking up Cynic's address and strapping the axe to his back*
#49 Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not positive about Sunday. I am meeting friends for sure at some point for coffee, but I don't know when. Probably 4ish? Somebody let me know.
#50 Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 AM

I'm pretty sure the Diwali celebration is on OU's campus; I thought it was at Catlett, but I'll have to double check. Student ticket prices are $5, non-student prices at $10. The price includes the show (which usually runs about 2 hours) and food after the show.

I'll post more info as soon as my friend gets in.

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#51 Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarreKelley View Post

I'm not positive about Sunday. I am meeting friends for sure at some point for coffee, but I don't know when. Probably 4ish? Somebody let me know.

Dang girl, how long you gonna drink coffee?

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the Diwali celebration is on OU's campus; I thought it was at Catlett, but I'll have to double check. Student ticket prices are $5, non-student prices at $10. The price includes the show (which usually runs about 2 hours) and food after the show.

I'll post more info as soon as my friend gets in.

Info would be good.

I just checked the School of Music calendar and it's not Catlett, apparently.

Also checked the ou.edu site and could only find stuff about last year.

I will be done running before 10 am and then I'm sure I'll go crash for a few hours.
#52 Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM

I was confused when I looked at the calendar, as well. But I double checked with my friend and have my ticket and it is at Catlett. It starts at 5:30. I also just found out that the tickets are $5 for students in advance, then $10 at the door for everyone.

This wasn't supposed to be so confusing -- sorry!

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#53 Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I ran this morning. Did really well, my 2nd fastest time and I had a really easy time with the course.

The unfortunate thing is that now, a few hours later, I'm really tired and sore.

I dunno if I can do a 5:30 engagement. I'm about to go lay down for a bit and rest.

Sorry I can't make it! It's been a busy weekend, to say the least.
#54 Old 11-03-2008, 06:59 AM

Diwali Night turned out really well -- and the food was yummy! It's too bad you guys couldn't make it. But now that it's November, we should start tossing around ideas...

We can't host a potluck this month, as we're moving in 3 weeks. And the kitchen is getting packed up slowly, but surely. :P We probably can't host in December, either, but January is looking good, so far.

So what does the agenda look like for everyone?

"Question everything."

--Maria Mitchell
#55 Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Veggie Regular

We can meetup w/o having potluck!!

Or if someone wants to host, that's cool too. Just sayin', it's easy to plan a time to meet at a restaurant.
#56 Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey everyone! It's me, Angel. I've just finally registered and wanted to say hi to everyone! Hope to see you all Saturday.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#57 Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Veggie Regular

^^^ Bout freakin' time.
#58 Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

^^^ Bout freakin' time.

No kiddin! Hi Angel!!!
#59 Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Kelley? Mary?

Are you guys still among the living? Feeling any better?
#60 Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I am! I spent Friday and Saturday curled up on the couch, drugged and sleeping, and I beat the Mongolian Death Cold! It was pretty gnarly. But I'm okay now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page