Oklahoma What city do you live in (OK)? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Oklahoma What city do you live in (OK)?

WonderRandy's Avatar WonderRandy
06:21 PM 05-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZdogs View Post

WonderRandy, thank you for posting in this thread. We all expect to see you at the Grand Vegan Bash. Gifts are not only welcome but expected.

IF and WHEN I ever make it back to OK, we'll be sure to get together. In the meantime, I'm gonna continue to enjoy Hawaii...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Brandon's Avatar Brandon
09:24 PM 05-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZdogs View Post

(Only funny if you take yoga)

No yoga here but I still got it.

Quote:

smallleah, it's too late. I've etched your name onto the list. The only possible excuse at this point would be rioting in your neighborhood due to a worldwide spinach shortage.

Brandon, please warn her that she's going to be photographed and entered into my soon-to-exist Scrapbook Of Okie Vegans.

*points ^^^ *

Quote:

And seriously? Tattooing was illegal? I didn't know that!

Brandon again, what's bricktown? I mean, I've heard that name before, and I know it's in OKCish area, but I don't actually know what it is.

Yup it was illegal for a long long time.

Bricktown is the area down around where the Myriad once was now. The Myriad is now the Cox Convention Center, and it's directly across from the Ford Center. Otherwise, SmallLeah pretty much nailed it, description-wise, to a T. You should check it out, it's pretty nice. I'm pretty doubtful that there's even one restaurant that's veg*n friendly but it's a nice environment. The theater is pretty nice too.

Quote:

WonderRandy, thank you for posting in this thread. We all expect to see you at the Grand Vegan Bash. Gifts are not only welcome but expected.

I think we need a better name....Grand Vegan Bash is subpar. Suggestions?

Randy already knows when he comes back he has to come to Norman to visit.

I'll start brainstorming on names for the thingy.

Brandon's Avatar Brandon
09:14 PM 05-11-2008
I'm still thinking of names. They all seem kinda lame...

The almighty awesome multi-state vegfest

The we-live-in-the-center-of-the-country-and-don't-eat-meat-and-love-animals-a-palooza

Uh....maybe Grand Vegan Bash isn't so bad eh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

WendySmiling's Avatar WendySmiling
05:59 AM 05-12-2008
HELLLLLLLLLLLLO

Thanks Brandon for the invite. I got to get to work so it's a short initial post. I live in south OKC. I've been veg*an for 3 days. I have yet to drink coffee, so nothing funny or interesting to say yet.

Talk to ya later............ wheeeee.........
12:00 PM 05-12-2008
DMZdogs there is an awesome yoga studio in the Paseo Arts district in OKC. I haven't attended a class yet, just checked it out. Here is the website and it shows pics:

http://www.yogaoklahoma.com/drupal/
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
12:37 PM 05-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendySmiling View Post

HELLLLLLLLLLLLO

Thanks Brandon for the invite. I got to get to work so it's a short initial post. I live in south OKC. I've been veg*an for 3 days. I have yet to drink coffee, so nothing funny or interesting to say yet.

Talk to ya later............ wheeeee.........

I lived in S. OKC for a lot of the time I was growing up. Mostly in the area around Westmoore High. It's changed a lot on the South side from when I lived there! Every time I go through there I see things I've never seen before.

I've been here in Norman for 13 years now, 14 in October.

08:08 PM 05-12-2008
I live north of Westmoore High on Western by the drive-in. Just got back from the Health Food Center on Penn & I-240. They had vegan protein powder!!

So are we all gonna meet up sometime or what?
NoMeatMary's Avatar NoMeatMary
08:45 AM 05-13-2008
Woo woo! Another Okie!

I shop there too! Their produce section could use some work tho.

I agree! Are we gonna meet up or what??
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
10:52 AM 05-13-2008
I've never been in that store, but I've heard good things about it.

Wendy- I didn't know that drive-in was still there! That place has been around for-EVER.

I'm gonna go start a meet-up thread here in our OK area. That way we can keep all that sort of discussion separate from the "Where do you live in OK" one.

Miss Mila's Avatar Miss Mila
11:38 PM 06-26-2008
Greetings from Ada.....I know nobody has heard of this small town hole but "Hi" from here anyways LOL
01:02 AM 06-27-2008
I USED to live in Tulsa. Before that, I lived in Stillwater, Pawnee, Braman, Medford, Hawley, Carmen, Dacoma, Wakita, Skedee, and Cleo Springs (not necessarily in that order). I think I might have forgotten one as well...
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
05:11 PM 06-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mila View Post

Greetings from Ada.....I know nobody has heard of this small town hole but "Hi" from here anyways LOL

I've definitely heard of Ada.

Welcome to VB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I USED to live in Tulsa. Before that, I lived in Stillwater, Pawnee, Braman, Medford, Hawley, Carmen, Dacoma, Wakita, Skedee, and Cleo Springs (not necessarily in that order). I think I might have forgotten one as well...

I think you're making some of those names up, Randy.

It amazes me that I've lived here my entire life and I still regularly hear of places in OK I've never heard of before.

lalaloveyou's Avatar lalaloveyou
05:15 AM 07-07-2008
Oklahoma City
smalleah's Avatar smalleah
10:08 AM 07-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I think you're making some of those names up, Randy.

It amazes me that I've lived here my entire life and I still regularly hear of places in OK I've never heard of before.

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. I haven't heard of any of those he listed except for Stillwater and Pawnee.

I heard a really dumb Okie joke from my (cheesy) dad a few years ago...

"Why did the Indians leave Oklahoma?"

Broken Arrow, Broken Bow and Nowata
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
12:57 PM 07-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalleah View Post

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. I haven't heard of any of those he listed except for Stillwater and Pawnee.

I heard a really dumb Okie joke from my (cheesy) dad a few years ago...

"Why did the Indians leave Oklahoma?"

Broken Arrow, Broken Bow and Nowata

*groan*

I've been to Stillwater and Pawnee, and I've heard of Braman and Medford. I always see places on TV when they're doing severe t-storm or tornado stuff and wonder how many people live there.

I'm still a big fan of the names Gotebo and Slapout. Those two make me

07:58 PM 07-12-2008
The towns of Hawley and Skedee are no longer to be found on any maps. Hawley is about 6 miles outside of Nash, in the Cherokee Strip region. Skedee is outside of Pawnee. Carmen and Dacoma are close to each other, in the same part of the state as Nash (Not too far from Great Salt Plains Lake - we lived in that area most of my childhood)
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
10:39 AM 07-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeatMary View Post

Hee hee...

http://www.thelostogle.com/2008/02/2...ma-town-names/

That was pretty amusing!
NoMeatMary's Avatar NoMeatMary
11:04 AM 07-14-2008
If you liked that, scroll down the comments and find the one from blythe and follow the link to his blog.
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
12:21 PM 07-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeatMary View Post

If you liked that, scroll down the comments and find the one from blythe and follow the link to his blog.

Grainola???!!!!! ROFL

I've never, ever heard of that one.

wickedmizeri's Avatar wickedmizeri
03:22 PM 07-14-2008
Just skimming by and thought it is so cool to see all you veggies in OK! I'm pretty much nailed down in Ohio now, but I was born in Muskogee and lived in Oktaha, Keefeton, Warner, Broken Arrow, Jenks and Tulsa at various points in my childhood...
Brandon's Avatar Brandon
03:28 PM 07-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedmizeri View Post

Just skimming by and thought it is so cool to see all you veggies in OK! I'm pretty much nailed down in Ohio now, but I was born in Muskogee and lived in Oktaha, Keefeton, Warner, Broken Arrow, Jenks and Tulsa at various points in my childhood...

I think it's cool too! We're taking over, slowly.....

jenna's Avatar jenna
03:30 PM 07-14-2008
it -is- cool! i can't wait to start going to the meetups.
pinklaura_08's Avatar pinklaura_08
04:05 AM 08-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I guess "modern" isn't a good choice of words...maybe "with it" or "less backward". Restaurants have veg*n options. Bricktown. We get (occasionally) big name groups playing concerts here. Etc. etc.

I was pretty amazed to see both tattoos and the lottery happen finally!

That sort of thing would probably either get us on the news or land is in prison, one...

Before last summer, I hadn't met any other real live vegans either. Since then I've actually run into a few here in Norman.

By mid-July Jenna will be living out here too, so you can meet two for the price of one!

If you want "backward", try living in Muskogee! The only veg*n option we have here is veg*n burgers at Burger King.
jaskins's Avatar jaskins
05:06 PM 02-03-2009
Hey everyone! I guess I technically live in Kansas City, Missouri, but since I go to OSU I feel I have a right to post here, being I live in Stillwater for half the year go cowboys!
SciFiVegan's Avatar SciFiVegan
09:24 AM 02-22-2009
Hey Jaskins! Another fellow displaced Missourian! I'm from St. Joseph...but I've lived in Norman for 8 years...your drive home is just a wee bit shorter than mine!
Luise's Avatar Luise
09:02 PM 04-07-2009
You guys... I live outside of McAlester. Everybody hunts here and knows each other; my university's out of state and I'm not here often, so the freak-alert news bomb of my veganness has yet to hit the neighborhood.
Converttoveggie's Avatar Converttoveggie
11:59 PM 04-14-2012
Midwest City, yes looking forward to a meetup as well.
ashii87's Avatar ashii87
03:21 PM 05-18-2013
smiley.gif Deleted Comment
ashii87's Avatar ashii87
03:23 PM 05-18-2013
smiley.gif Deleted Comment

Reply Up