Oklahoma VegOk is having a vegan dinner get-together at Queen of Sheba 9/12 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Veggie Regular

(copied and pasted from their facebook page)

Everyone is invited to join VegOK on Saturday, September 12, at 6:30 p.m. for our next monthly gathering. It will be a vegan buffet held at Queen of Sheba.

Queen of Sheba, located at 2308 N. MacArthur (SE corner of NW 23rd & MacArthur), in Oklahoma City has become a favorite restaurant for Oklahoma City area vegetarians since it opened in 2006. Each of our three dinner events there have drawn over 60 satisfied veg friends!

To answer frequently asked questions: (1) You do not have to be a paid member of VegOK to attend; and (2) Yes, you can bring family & friends, but they should be 99.9% committed to coming because the owners need a good idea of how many people are coming so they know exactly how much food to prepare.

Ethiopia's culture goes back several millennia, and vegetarian dishes are an important part of its cuisine. The owners are reprising the vegan buffet for us. The special VegOK price is $11.99 per person (tax and drink included!).

RSVPs are crucial for this meal because Mimi needs to know how much food to prepare. Please reply to [email protected] at your earliest convenience with how many you expect to attend in your party. We will be calling in with a preliminary head count by 6:00 pm on Thursday, September 10th, and a final tally by 6:00 pm on Friday, September 11th. After that, you will have to call Queen of Sheba directly at 405-606-8616 to see if they can make room for you.

Join us in September for this delicious and unique culinary experience!!!

----------------

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not the restaurant is smoke-free, but if it is, I'm going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

It is, if I remember correctly.

Angel and I can't go, we have football tickets for that night. Otherwise, we'd be there.
#3 Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Football shmootball. Food is always more important than some silly "game" with a weird-shaped ball and a bunch of players with no spatial IQ (how else to account for them to constantly crashing into each other).

*sticks out tongue then runs for dear life*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, $50/ea for tickets means we're gonna go.
#5 Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZdogs View Post

Football shmootball. Food is always more important than some silly "game" with a weird-shaped ball and a bunch of players with no spatial IQ (how else to account for them to constantly crashing into each other).

*sticks out tongue then runs for dear life*

Oh dear, you must not have lived in Oklahoma for long... I share the sentiment (although I'm not so sure it's a lack of spatial IQ as much as a lack of sense of self preservation), but it seems to be this weird anomaly. I don't quite understand. There will be people at the game who will pay multiple times more than that for tickets who didn't 1) go to OU or 2) grow up anywhere near it! (I am not implying that one must attend a school to be a fan - so let's not even go there! lol)

I probably won't be able to go to the dinner on Saturday, but thanks for posting the info!
#6 Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Ladies, ladies...it's just a game. One that happens to be a spectator sport.

I played football as a kid, and I'm an alum of our humble Norman institution of higher learning so I enjoy OU football. It's not really that different than any other TV programming; you either like it or you don't.

However, when witnessed live there's a certain dynamic and energy that's in the air that can't be replicated.

The drums and the band playing. The energy in the air. The setting.

If one enjoys such things, it's pretty great. If not, oh well. There's a myriad of other things to watch on TV or to do.
#7 Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

BizarreKelly, Actually, I was born here and grew up here. I've never understood it. I actually got in trouble in high school for not having proper "pep" and "spirit" about football related "activities". *rolls eyes* Perhaps it was the overexposure over the years to the fanaticism of football types and the overhyped media sensationalism. Not saying you are one of them, Brandon (though I have my suspicions). :P
#8 Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I watch 12 games in a year's time. I don't think that's fanaticism.

I already had tickets to the game or I'd be at Queen of Sheba. We can't just flush $100 down the toilet , y'know
#9 Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Brandon, I'm teasing you. I don't expect you to give up your tickets. I can understand it--I just wanted to rag on football. :P
#10 Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I know. Let us know how the food was!
#11 Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah do let us know. I wasn't crazy about my first food experience there, but I have wanted to go back and try something else. I remember it being a nice atmosphere.

By the way, just to make you happy we had to leave the game at half-time because it wouldn't stop freaking raining!

Totally worth it though, our seats were great!

Hope you had fun! We will definitely come to one of VegOk dinners sometime.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#12 Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I now have a favorite restaurant!

The food was so good that I couldn't stop eating until I reached the point where it was painful. That's unusual--normally I'm very careful not to overeat because there is nothing like certain knowledge your stomach is about to explode to make the enjoyment of the food a sudden distance memory.

It was expensive though--definitely going to be a rare treat for me. Until the next time, I'll probably still be drooling at the food memories. *swoons dramatically onto, well, the floor as I have no swooning sofa*

Maybe I should get one?

#13 Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm glad you guys had fun at the game! I did not watch any of it. tomorrow is going to be a very bad day at work (I started taking my stress medicine in preparation 2 hours ago), so I'm planning on going to yoga after work.

However, I'm still waiting to hear about the job in Norman, and I got a tip about a job in OKC and I emailed somebody my resume today. I heard they're pretty desperate for someone, so maybe they'll hire me. I have to get out of there...

I hope everyone had a good weekend! And that everyone stays dry in the morning (yeah right)
#14 Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck in your job search!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page