Veggie Regular

The Vegetarians of Oklahoma are having a potluck in Edmond. More info here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...1&ref=nf&__a=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Just now seeing this.

We've been working on moving and painting our house and laying a laminate floor so we haven't been on VB too much lately.

If you went, hope you had fun!
#3 Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I went, but I couldn't stay long. Turned out that cats lived in the house where it was held. Love cats, but just can't breath for long around them--when I felt my asthma starting up, I left. One cat stayed hidden, but the other, a white one with gorgeous blue eyes...oh, she was so sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh no! You're allergic to cats? We're about to have 4 in the house! Guess that means you wouldn't be able to come to our house either.

Glad you had a good time though...

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#5 Old 07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Four cats in one house? That's all the entertainment you need right there! I grew up with a cat....didn't find out until years later that my beloved Midnight was actually one of the biggest triggers in my asthma attacks. Midnight was the absolute coolest cat ever. She dominated my father's German Shepard (who was trained for police work) to the point that when she wanted to go hunting and not worry about her kittens, she'd bring them into his pen and leave them there for him to babysit. I never did learn to appreciate the various skinned rats, rabbit heads, or dead/alive snakes she presented me with, but I'll never forget the feeling of her purrs vibrating right through me. I envy people who can be around cats.
#6 Old 07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZdogs View Post

Four cats in one house? That's all the entertainment you need right there! I grew up with a cat....didn't find out until years later that my beloved Midnight was actually one of the biggest triggers in my asthma attacks. Midnight was the absolute coolest cat ever. She dominated my father's German Shepard (who was trained for police work) to the point that when she wanted to go hunting and not worry about her kittens, she'd bring them into his pen and leave them there for him to babysit. I never did learn to appreciate the various skinned rats, rabbit heads, or dead/alive snakes she presented me with, but I'll never forget the feeling of her purrs vibrating right through me. I envy people who can be around cats.

Cat purrs are one of the most soothing noises there are. It makes it so tough to get up when there's a purring cat snuggled with you in bed.
#7 Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

It's true, Brandon. I didn't get any sleep Wednesday night or Thursday night, so by Friday night not only was I exhausted, but I was sick! I drugged myself thoroughly and went to bed early. About 12 hours (or more?) later, I woke up with a purring Podcat (what I call Eddie when he's curled up with all of his feet and tail under him) laying on my back... It was really cute. And he was so excited when I woke up!
#8 Old 07-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww that's cool Kelley! My black cat Trinity will lay kind of like that except with her elbows sticking out, she looks kind of like a turkey. Alas, I get no kitties laying on me because I tend to move around too much.

I like the story about your cat leaving it's kittens with the dog, DMZ! That's cute.

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page