ONLY 55 days remaining - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Banned

My name is Deborah Akbar and in 1990 I was involved in a horrific car accident near Fort Eustis, Va. Three days later I awoke from a coma to be told that I would NEVER walk again because I was a C-7 C-8 quadriplegic. Now I was depressed and angry but I had a 4 year old son that I had to live for so I went on with my life. I came to Cleveland for rehabilitation at Metro health hospital. Now I left after 8 months with some independence but no real hope of walking again until November 2006 when I read about Brucker biofeedback. I have a lot to be grateful for my husband, my 11 year old son, my family, my relationship with the creator, our home and the ability to drive, to mention just a few. With a renewed hope of walking and gaining more independence I am looking forward to traveling to Miami in just 55 days. Here is the link to my blog www dot iamakbar dot com.

Even though Dr. Bernard Brucker has had a 98% success rate of persons regaining independence from their paralysis, this procedure is not covered by any insurance at this time.

Brucker biofeedback was developed in 1969 by Dr. Bernard S. Brucker which uses the Neuroeducator 3 Electromyography (EMG) Biofeedback System, which allows therapists to identify subtle motor connections between the brain and the body that survive SCI, or that have slowly repaired or rebuilt since being damaged. This information allows therapists to design individually customized plans aimed at restoring or improving voluntary muscle control. (www.sci-therapies.info/biofeedback.htm)

People with SCI have regained much lost motor function after biofeedback training. The results sometimes appear as miraculous. People who were told that they would never walk or use their hands have regained the ability to walk or feed themselves.

I need to raise $15,000.00 by March 8, 2008 so that my husband, my son and I can travel to the Miami Jewish Home and hospital (www.mjhh.org) for the 15 treatments that I need. Your donation will also benefit other persons in my exact situation upon my return as I am starting the First Step Next Step foundation in April. Please send your donations to the Deborah Akbar Treatment fund P. O. Box 210034 South Euclid, Ohio 44121-7034. Thank you for your support. To reach me, Deborah Akbar, please call 216-381-3286.

Sincerely,

Deborah Akbar

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page