VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Site Support (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/10-site-support/)
-   -   Why am I seeing ads on VB? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/10-site-support/76557-why-am-i-seeing-ads-vbulletin.html)

sleepydvdr 01-17-2008 08:37 PM

This is not a big deal to me, but still I ponder. I'm a donating member who shouldn't be seeing advertisements, but today I started seeing some. Is is just me? I mean really, I see things that other people don't see, quite often.

It's really not a problem, because I can get rid of them with Adblock for Firefox. But I'm just curious what's going on here.

jenna 01-17-2008 08:41 PM

I get a long skinny ad at the bottom of all pages. The ad itself changes from day to day. Right now it's a "When will you die?" quiz thing.

sleepydvdr 01-17-2008 08:45 PM

I see that one right now...

(warning - this quiz is creepy)

Ok, so it's not just me... I'm not completely crazy. Or at least not as far as the public knows.

sleepydvdr 01-17-2008 08:48 PM

Wait a minute... you said it changes from day to day. I have only been seeing these for 2 days tops. How long have you been seeing these ads?

jenna 01-17-2008 09:03 PM

Hm. Maybe it doesn't change. I haven't paid too much attention to it. I just thought it did change because it was a Google thing and they tend to rotate every now and then.

I've been seeing it for a while.

Michael 01-18-2008 06:57 AM

Is that the only one you see? I'm heading to bed now but I'll fix it this afternoon.

Beachbnny 01-18-2008 08:23 AM

I see the when will you die thing and I get this food social network add too. I've been seeing them since the upgrade at the bottom of every page. They change from time to time. It's not a huge deal and it's certainly less than I saw before I became a CM.

Tofu-N-Sprouts 01-18-2008 08:53 AM

Hey, I could "Win The Trip Of A Lifetime"! I'd rather skip the ads too.

Yeah, I just thought they were an unavoidable part of the upgrade. Pfffft, I never thought there was a chance we could make 'em go away.

I really do HATE that "When Will You Die" one. A LOT! Almost made me put Adblocker back on just for that alone.

IamJen 01-18-2008 10:26 AM

This is what I see (attached). However, I don't mind the ads, as long as they're not those inline (between posts) ones.

GhostUser 01-18-2008 10:42 AM

I get one at the bottom of the page. Right now it's the "Food Social Network"

kingsnorkie 01-18-2008 11:28 AM

Me too, its not a big deal, but I get that one on the bottom of the page too. Yesterday they wanted to tell me when I'd die, but today its the food social network. At least today's is much more comforting

synergy 01-18-2008 12:18 PM

I have the same ones as Jen.

Shamandura 01-18-2008 02:26 PM

I've always had ads. For the last week its been 2 or three when will you die on a single page and the food social network has always been there. My daughter thinks the face on the quiz is creepy, I wish it wasnt there.

jeneticallymodified 01-18-2008 02:33 PM

i don't see any ads

Michael 01-18-2008 03:01 PM

So it's only the one at the bottom of the main page then? I'll zap it now.

Moderators have a separate issue. I'll work on that in a few minutes.

Michael 01-18-2008 03:16 PM

Ok. Moderators and contributing members should not be seeing ads. Everyone else should. If you're experiencing anything different please send me a pm.