Other countries - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Michael: Would it be possible to open a sub forum in "Other Countries" for Switzerland? Thanks in advance if you agree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Bump.
#3 Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello Switzerland !! The land of self sufficient everything and with some funky laws.

please do feel free to break the stereotype Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Funky laws??? This country is just WEIRD. Sometimes so progressive, and sometimes so backwards. You don't know where you stand sometimes.

But they LOVE laws here. You would not believe the list if I told you!!!

It's an affluent country, but not as much as it used to be. And the right wing capitalist *******s are certainly getting the stronghold.
#5 Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

It's an affluent country, but not as much as it used to be. And the right wing capitalist *******s are certainly getting the stronghold.

sorry about that yo. How can the elves make it up to you?
#6 Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Funky laws??? This country is just WEIRD. Sometimes so progressive, and sometimes so backwards. You don't know where you stand sometimes.

But they LOVE laws here. You would not believe the list if I told you!!!

Something too funky even for funkified? ? ? ?? ???
#7 Old 07-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Hmmm.. I wonder where Michael is.
#8 Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Word is he got eaten by the trolls and now its time for the elves to go to the rescue....

I know I can't I help but was nice talking to you Sorry I missed you when you went to France btw. I could alas not be there as sudden as the time frame required. Presumably though you met Rahkoon and others?

How was it? Veggie Pride and so on......Did you enjoy Paris, will you be going back ?
#9 Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Actually, the VeggiePride was boring and I don't like it when vegetarians and vegans march together because it gives a mixed message to the public. When they quote things like "vegetarians and vegans have no blood on their hands", this is so untrue, because vegetarians take an active part in the exploitation of killing of animals (hens, calves, dairy cows, bees, etc).

I think also it's silly to be "proud" of being Veg*n. There's nothing to be proud of. It's basic common sense.

If I go back next year, it will not be to march, but to organise an info stand with information and brochures on the theme "animals are not property", and to promote veganism.

The vegetarians there did not like my t-shirt "when vegetarians grow up, they become vegans".

And all the slogans were in French. It was boring. At least in Switzerland when we demonstrate, we have slogans in English, French, German and Italian.

I don't like Paris anyway. Give me London anyday.

Will Michael ever see this thread, or will I have to PM him????
#10 Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Relax, he's probably got... um... bigger fish to fry. It's not like you're making a request that needs to be dealt with ASAP.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#11 Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Bof
Banned

If Swizzleland gets its own subforum Australia should too, cos there's more of us, innit?
#12 Old 07-05-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:

Actually, the VeggiePride was boring and I don't like it when vegetarians and vegans march together because it gives a mixed message to the public. When they quote things like "vegetarians and vegans have no blood on their hands", this is so untrue, because vegetarians take an active part in the exploitation of killing of animals (hens, calves, dairy cows, bees, etc).

I think also it's silly to be "proud" of being Veg*n. There's nothing to be proud of. It's basic common sense.

If I go back next year, it will not be to march, but to organise an info stand with information and brochures on the theme "animals are not property", and to promote veganism.

The vegetarians there did not like my t-shirt "when vegetarians grow up, they become vegans".

And all the slogans were in French. It was boring. At least in Switzerland when we demonstrate, we have slogans in English, French, German and Italian.

I don't like Paris anyway. Give me London anyday.

Will Michael ever see this thread, or will I have to PM him????

Diana, I have to say that Im constantly in awe of your people skills and your inherent ability to unite people with a common cause! I cant think why Michael is not rushing to answer your pm's.
#13 Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

If Swizzleland gets its own subforum Australia should too, cos there's more of us, innit?

We've already got one dude, most of the time hardly anyone posts in it apart from me and my mates dribbling crap.
#14 Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

We've already got one dude, most of the time hardly anyone posts in it apart from me and my mates dribbling crap.

Sounds like my kinda place but next time you call me dude I'll deck ya! (I'm a bloke.)
#15 Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:

Sounds like my kinda place but next time you call me dude I'll deck ya! (I'm a bloke.)

Yeah?! I'll take ya on man, I won my last fight by 300 metres!
#16 Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Diana, I have to say that Im constantly in awe of your people skills and your inherent ability to unite people with a common cause! I cant think why Michael is not rushing to answer your pm's.

What makes you think I am trying to unite people?? (I now expect someone to say that because I'm not trying to unite people, that I am necessarily trying to divide people. This is not true either.)

And I'm not getting impatient with Michael. Just wondering if he's seen my thread. I run a message board myself, and know that it takes about two minutes to set up a new sub forum.

I don't think it's the number of people who live in a country which gives credibility to a board or not on VB. After all, there is an Israel board and I don't think there are dozens of Israelis here. Same for India and Thailand.

There is vegan/AR stuff going on in Switzerland, and I think it would be nice to have a place to talk about it. People in France for instance are interested in what is going on in Switzerland because it's just next door. Idem for Germany.
#17 Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Bof
Banned

Quote:

There is vegan/AR stuff going on in Switzerland, and I think it would be nice to have a place to talk about it. People in France for instance are interested in what is going on in Switzerland because it's just next door. Idem for Germany.

I'd be interested in what's happening in Switzerland as I've never been there or even met a Swiss person. (I did eat a Swiss roll once).

Yodelling, clocks, watches and the gnomes of Zurich is the sum total of my knowledge of the country, I'm ashamed to say.
#18 Old 07-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I'd be interested in what's happening in Switzerland as I've never been there or even met a Swiss person. (I did eat a Swiss roll once).

Yodelling, clocks, watches and the gnomes of Zurich is the sum total of my knowledge of the country, I'm ashamed to say.

lol! I've been there twice and it's beautiful and I loved it, but I didn't see any of the stereotypical things. Asides from the huge mountains and everything that makes it Switserland it just seemed like, if you would live there, everyday life would be the same as everywhere else
#19 Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 AM
Beginner

Quote:

agreed. It's weird when people see it as if it's something to be proud of. And I also think it's weird that they actually march along the streets..

btw if they didn't like your t-shirt Diana then maybe they should just grow up
#20 Old 07-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Quote:

Swiss rolls are not even called Swiss rolls in Switzerland.

I have never ever met someone who knows how to yodel.

Swiss watches are for the rich and bourgeois. I don't have a watch because I use my mobile phone for knowing the time.

The gnomes of Zurich I worked for once for a couple of months, but I was given notice with IMMEDIATE effect when they saw that during my lunchbreak I was demonstrating in front of their bank to ask people to close their accounts there because of the bank's support for apartheid.

Look forward to the new board.
#21 Old 07-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I run a message board myself,

Is that a board in the english language or in ..... they speak german in parts of switzerland, right?

If it's in english, can you link me or sent me the link via PM ?

(always interested in good vegan message boards)
#22 Old 07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Vegan Police Officer

No it's not a vegan message board. It's a tarot message board, but I do speak a lot there about veganism, because we have a forum called "World Rights".

In Switzerland there are three official languages - French, Italian and German (with a fourth national language called Romansch which is one of the oldest languages in the world similar to Latin, but it's dying out and one day it will no longer exist which is SOOOO sad. )
#23 Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I also wanteth & had the link sent to me by you Diana some time ago and I think I still got it somewhere, but send it to me too please in the pm in case I've lost it. ta very much.
#24 Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 AM

I read "Asterix in Switzerland" when I was a kid..

not a good one if you are trying to give up cheese.

#25 Old 07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Is there someone else from Switzerland besides Diana?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#26 Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Does it matter? Wouldn't everyone like to have a thread all to themselves?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#27 Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah well, I've been requesting a Sevenseaslandia thread for some time.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#28 Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Btw, there is only one thread for the entire area of Scandinavia, despite the fact that at least some Scandinavian countries are represented by more than one person. (There seems to be an especially large number of Norwegians on VB, I wonder why that is? Maybe Vikings were veg*n or some weird **** like that.) Given this, it would be strange to have a single thread for a country that has one or a couple of VB members.

Or, alternatively, the Scandinavia thread would have to be broken into multiple threads. I demand some fairness!!!!!!!1111111

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#29 Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Vegan Police Officer

There are a lot of people who lurk on message boards. They are not necessry members. And having a message board to talk about Swiss stuff could inform them of what is going on.

I often read the country threads, even though I am not living within the borders of that country. (I hate borders.)

And perhaps some Swiss vegetarians and vegans would become members if there was a forum dedicated to this country.

There is a Thailand forum. How many people from Thailand are posting members of VB? Idem for Romania.

It's great to know what is going on in other parts of the world.
#30 Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Vegan Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goth~UK View Post

I also wanteth & had the link sent to me by you Diana some time ago and I think I still got it somewhere, but send it to me too please in the pm in case I've lost it. ta very much.

Are you interested in Tarot?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page