October Fun for VBers in the Mid-Atlantic! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Ankle Biter

Wow! It looks like it really might happen - a VB gathering in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

Trueveggie14 and I are going to meet on October 21 (Saturday) at the Mountain Cove Vineyard for a Blues Music festival, veg*n pot-luck picnic and vegan wine tasting - and hopefully an absolutely beautifuyl day in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Anyone who can make it is invited - please come. The more the merrier!

Here's some info:

http://www.mountaincovevineyards.com/wineryevents.html

Who can come?

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh I'd love to! But I'm heading to Ohio in November and I just don't have the budget for two big trips like that! Have fun!
#3 Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 AM

I'll be Pirating that weekend! damn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

I'll be Pirating that weekend! damn!

Darn!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#5 Old 09-11-2006, 11:52 AM

That's a super long drive for me.
#6 Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Ankle Biter

Where are you VJ?

#7 Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM

Western PA right now.
#8 Old 09-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Remember this is going to be in the height of Autumn near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. It is quite breathtaking.

If I read correctly Michael & KPickell are driving 7 hours to their VeboCon event. At the very least everyone in the Lynchburg & Richmond areas should do their best to attend this event at the vegan winery.

1362 Fortunes Cove Lane, Lovingston, Virginia 22949

11 AM to 6 PM

Quote:

the entire selection of wines will be available. Bring lawn chairs if you like, but please leave the pets at home. This time of the year the air should be full of the sounds and smells of harvest. Admission is $10 for adults, with children under 12 admitted free. Our performers, are brought to Mountain Cove by the James River Blues Society

I've never been here myself, but am looking forward to it. This is the wine served at the Vegan-friendly Bed & Breakfast "The White Pig"
#9 Old 10-24-2006, 04:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Wish more of you could have come to this event. It was a lot of fun. The winery is completely vegan. They offer 6 different wines. Tinto is their blend of reds, Chardonnay, Skyline White and Skyline Red are their sweeter variaties and they also have a Blackberry and an Apple wine.

I recommend the Skyline Red, the Apple, the Skyline White and the Blackberry.

I'm really not a Chardonnay fan, so I didn't even try it. The Tinto might be better with aging. It turns out the owner of the winery is also running for Congress as a Democrat. http://www.alweedforcongress.com/ It's not in my district and probably not in any of yours either. Sometimes it is nice to know who you are buying from though. It says on their winery website that they can ship to Virginia Customers. I'm not sure about out of state but you can write to them if you are interested.

Quote:
We can ship via UPS to Virginia customers. All our wines meet exacting Vegan standards. Call us at 434-263-5392 or email: [email protected]

Poppy brought her husband, daughter and two dogs. We had a very nice potluck, drank some wine and listened to two blues bands. The Deanie Johnson Blues Band was our favorite and we both got CDs.

If you ever get a chance to try Poppy's food, jump at it. Among her other talents she is also a culinary artist. I've been rather busy lately so I just brought bottled water, a fruit bowl and some vanilla-carrot muffins. Poppy made a delicious sandwich and soup (which we sadly didn't try) and brought along some store bought goodies as well.
LL
LL
#10 Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Ankle Biter

Thanks TV! It was a very fun day and a real treat to meet you! And - for everyone else - we'd like to do this again. so plan to join in next time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page