New *Personals* section is wicked idea :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Agreed people?.....I like it, who else likes the prospect of it!!? It beats using just a thread for the purpose.

(assuming this Personals section might include some elaboration on presentation than a mere 'typical' thread)

I think hooking up with ppl or a soulmate or lover or whatever is a big agenda in life, so its good to have a whole section devoted to it. Wicked step in the right direction Michael, (and I like the boldness of the headers for each section too).

Nice one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, v that.
#3 Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

Agreed people?.....I like it, who else likes the prospect of it!!?

I think hooking up with ppl or a soulmate or lover or whatever is a big agenda in life, so it's good to have a whole section devoted to it. Wicked step in the right direction Michael, (and I like the boldness of the headers for each section too).

Nice one!

i'm with you on that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I noticed the new personal link up there...Cool! When's it going to be working??
#5 Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

Yeah, I noticed the new personal link up there...Cool! When's it going to be working??

Maybe its never going to be working.

What's that? Things are not going well in the dating world? Well maybe you can lift your spirits by clicking on the "Personals" button and meeting like-minded singles. Oh, how ironic, the "Personals" button doesn't work for you either!
#6 Old 06-28-2006, 11:10 AM

I've always wanted to place a personal ad no one would answer: "Elderly, depressed, accident-prone junkie, likes Canadian food and Welsh music, seeking rich, well-built, oversexed, female deaf mute in her late teens. Must be nonsmoker." - geroge carlin
#7 Old 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe its never going to be working.

What's that? Things are not going well in the dating world? Well maybe you can lift your spirits by clicking on the "Personals" button and meeting like-minded singles. Oh, how ironic, the "Personals" button doesn't work for you either!

awww, i'm sure it'll be working soon... until then, you could always just push your own buttons?
#8 Old 06-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

I've always wanted to place a personal ad no one would answer: "Elderly, depressed, accident-prone junkie, likes Canadian food and Welsh music, seeking rich, well-built, oversexed, female deaf mute in her late teens. Must be nonsmoker." - geroge carlin

#9 Old 06-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

interesting....
#10 Old 06-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Veggie Regular

hmmm... sounds fun.
#11 Old 06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it sounds like a good idea as long as the personals board was a section that only members could view
#12 Old 07-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

It looks like the Personals section is up and running.
#13 Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Banned

Troub keeps coming up #1 on my lists. On Veggieconnection, and now this one.
#14 Old 07-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Alas we find out the VB personals is actually an RSS of GreenFriends, b/c when I went to the link, it came to me I was logged in under my GreenFriends ID so thats how I know, I was a GreenFriends member already, but still its a FREE date site that, (to a a degree), and to have a link there is at least sponsor for Michael is it(?) and its a convenient jump off point for a site I like....

TOTALLY OTHERLY (or to have as well, as another partition to the date scene at VB, howbout this) >>>>

EITHER AS A MAIN OR SIDE PROJECT: I MUST SAY MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS BEFORE THE LINK WENT LIVE, WAS OF THINKING VB WOULD BE HAVING ITS OWN PERSONALS AREA... Soooo? is that worth pursuing still MICHAEL, OR HAD YOU ALREADY THOUGHT OF THAT ??....WHAT ARE YOU THOUGHTS IF YOU HAD THOUGHTS ON THIS ALREADY???

You see I'm quite a bit disappointed its not VB's OWN DATE exclusive setup, that would have been way more fun in a way supposing we were still to consider that, it could have been setup casually and at minimal expense (IF any) for our use on VB (members only), and perhaps be moderated or taken care of by someone like Life2K who has shown good authority by being the mod for matchmakers thread. But would your time Michael be compromised even with these measures, assuming we could have **our own VB Personals** or would you be up for it as a project (with the idea coming to light). Maybe you could be persuaded we might as well try if no extraneous cost or drain to you ? Is that possibly the way things are, enough to give a green light for VB's OWN PERSONALS? or even with the proviso's, will it not ever be in consideration at all even ??
#15 Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabdle View Post

I think it sounds like a good idea as long as the personals board was a section that only members could view

members only for VBer's? yeah I included that in my suggestion above, if it turns out we have the capability to setup our own VB Date scene area, or partition on this site able to cope with it, and why not if its only a basic setup, this need not detract from the fun of having our own VB date scene! .....(IF at all it comes into being)
#16 Old 07-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Can I be a 'proxy' single for someone else?
#17 Old 07-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Administrator

VA - I checked into software for just VB and it was either too expensive or poorly written (and in most cases it was both). Plus I'm not sure it would be used enough to be helpful for most people.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#18 Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Banned

Hey, you wise guys trying to put me out of a job here? (JK)
#19 Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Can I be a 'proxy' single for someone else?

Sure Karen, I'll send you my requirements. Now get out there and find me a man!
#20 Old 07-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

VA - I checked into software for just VB and it was either too expensive or poorly written (and in most cases it was both). Plus I'm not sure it would be used enough to be helpful for most people.

Oh well thanx for at least having thought of the idea! What we got linking to GreenFriends is certainly better than nothing, plus of course we always have Life2K when she's around doing her thing in the matchmaker thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2K View Post

Hey, you wise guys trying to put me out of a job here? (JK)

I mentioned you perhaps taking over what would have been, but as Michael says, the software is not afforable and is poorly written, so looks like you'll play a big role still in the matchmaker thread Life2K. Besides I thiink you would still have played a big role if the software just for VB were in effect, so either way. The software Michael looked at, would probs have been enchancement to continue what you started Life2K I guess (if you wanted but its been thrown out now it looks like, until better software turns up supposedly Michael??).....
#21 Old 07-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

Sure Karen, I'll send you my requirements. Now get out there and find me a man!

So, you're picky, huh?
#22 Old 07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

So if you go onto the personals site (signed-up), does it sign you off automatically when you leave the site?
#23 Old 07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carabdle View Post

So if you go onto the personals site (signed-up), does it sign you off automatically when you leave the site?

I'm assuming your question is asking me......... It depends whether you choose that option probably... (to be logged in) I chose it, don't worry about staying logged in... or in other words~ choosing to have your details recognized by a site like that (like GreenFriends or any site with that option), because I think once you leave a page related to the site in question you are in effect logged out I would think no?? Would you not assume so? I mean not in all cases I guess, like with maybe my Yahoomail for example, I might be more prone to staying logged into that whilst surfing around other sites in the same window huh... (OR maybe whatever number of windows you can't escape being logged in to a place sometimes), so even though I back navigate and then forward to another site I might stay ~as an example~ logged into yahoo (unless it times out), but who can say for sure, depends on the site (and don't most sites time out anyway?), but generally I would suppose that any automated login doesn't 'automatically' mean (good pun huh) you are left in the lurch or unsafe by intermittent navigating away.....I don't think doing that in the same window (or in more than one window) makes you vulnerable or in lieu (so to speak) of your account or membership, just becoz your account recognizes you by use a cookie or whatever in the same duration of you surfing other places, in other words I think a cookie is what it is, and will in a way (I'm guessing) in essense make you semi-active no matter whether actually on THE site using the cookie or not (thats my admittedly somewhat abstract understanding anyway)...

I mean just gotta back navigate away and then forward (to wherever else).......By doing so (just by cruising some other site) I tend to suppose you're relatively safe to roam, in a basic sense I would imagine, as though semi-logged out and by the same token semi-logged-in too, sooo its in how you use your browser as I explain that helps you avoid you confusing yourself about your online status on any particular site, you know what I mean???
#24 Old 07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I suppose I should emphasize that the back navigating is only useful to the purpose to keep yourself from haphazardly backtracking onto the site you suspect you are logged in to still, so if that site is "forward" or current in your browser and you want it out of view no matter what, then just do the backward direction thing and then proceed to surf normally forward to whatever your next surf destination is to stop yourself revisiting any chance of a login if you don't wanna be logged in (or at least not fully activating the cookie for a site more than you have to, ie not being actually at the site can avoid this I think, leaving you semi-free of its cookie at least, to my mind thats how it works in educated guesswork perspective).
#25 Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 PM

i saw someone I like.
#26 Old 01-18-2008, 05:29 AM
Veggie Regular

just bumping this in retrospect view to remind ppl of what can happen when you ask for a "personals section"

Not that anyone has called for it in quite this way lately, or since this thread, but there are RECENT threads on the subject of singles, so! thats why I bump for your FYI! in case the topic of personals software is re-ignited, in some form, which hereto this thread maybe helpful on a few points.
#27 Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Veggie Regular

just bumping this in retrospect view to remind ppl of what can happen when you ask for a "personals section"

Not that anyone has called for it in quite this way lately, or since this thread, but there are RECENT threads on the subject of singles, so! thats why I bump for your FYI! in case the topic of personals software is re-ignited, in some form, which hereto this thread maybe helpful on a few points.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page