PM -sent items folder ? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe this question is already answered, but I did search for the answer myself and could not find it.

If you sent a PM, it must be possible to get a copy (or something like that) in the "sent items folder".

In my account that isn't so.

How do I get sent messages in the sent items folder ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

when you are writing a new message, under the message body box there is an area that is labeled 'options'. There are 4 check boxes with accompanying description. You want the 3rd one down, make sure it is checked. That should save you a copy, i think once you check it, it will automatically default to being checked for future messages, but im not sure about that.
#3 Old 01-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Majake, I am not sure that works. Recently when Michael turned off "save a copy by default" in the admin global board options, I think that actually disabled the ability to save a sent copy altogether. He may have gotten it fixed though, I dunno. I guess the best way to check would be to send a PM and check the option and see if it saves a copy for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Yeah, it's screwed up, right now you can't save a copy even if you check the box. I'll look into it when I get some time this weekend and I'll post here when it's (hopefully) fixed.

The reason it's screwed up is because by default it saves a copy of every message sent meaning everyone's pm box was filling up way too fast (cause you're only allowed to have 50 before your pm's start to bounce and most people didn't realize that there was a limit, that there sent messages were being saved, and counted toward the 50).

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 Old 01-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

The reason it's screwed up is because by default it saves a copy of every message sent meaning everyone's pm box was filling up way too fast (cause you're only allowed to have 50 before your pm's start to bounce and most people didn't realize that there was a limit, that there sent messages were being saved, and counted toward the 50).

BTW, as long as we are talking about this, you used to have a sort of "counter" thingie that would show up and tell you how many PMs you had in storage. Like 25 or 30 or 40 or whatever.

I was wondering if you could put that back, please? I liked having that stat available.
#6 Old 01-18-2003, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Ok, the original problem is fixed. The default for saving sent messages is still no (the box is not checked). If you check the box to save the sent message it will now appear in your sent messages folder.

I wouldn't recommend using it every time though - you are only allowed a total of 50 messages (copies of sent message count toward this total) and once you reach that limit you will no longer receive new messages (unless you make room for them).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 01-18-2003, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Joe - I'll work on it. I didn't like it the way it was. Hopefully will have it done this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page