I can't find my post - VeggieBoards

I can't find my post

James N. Dawson's Avatar James N. Dawson
04:33 PM 07-15-2018
I'm sure I posted in the physical fitness forum this morning. It was on the vegan chondroitin thread, a quick reply. I'm sure it took because the link I included was active. What could've happened to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
silva's Avatar silva
05:02 PM 07-15-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by James N. Dawson View Post
I'm sure I posted in the physical fitness forum this morning. It was on the vegan chondroitin thread, a quick reply. I'm sure it took because the link I included was active. What could've happened to it?
I don't see it anywhere. admins?
VSadmin's Avatar VSadmin
12:32 PM 07-19-2018
Did you see any error messages when you posted it, or when you clicked submit did it take you back to the thread itself? It would have put you to your posting when it was made.

Can you link the thread itself?

_ Jb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
James N. Dawson's Avatar James N. Dawson
09:35 PM 07-19-2018
Maybe this happened, though I was sure it went through without any error messages. I can't give you the thread link because of this:


"To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater. You currently have 5 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post"
leedsveg
11:37 AM 07-20-2018
All the years that I've been on VeggieBoards, I've always found the Admins to be both helpful and courteous. When I've needed assistance, I've always tried to provide any requested info as I appreciate that computer programmes, operating programmes etc are very complicated and it just makes sense to be as helpful as possible to somebody trying to sort out MY problem.

So many thanks to Admins and all the others working in the background.

Lv
James N. Dawson's Avatar James N. Dawson
08:42 PM 07-20-2018
Now it looks like David3's post has disappeared.


I would think that a forum in which people's posts often mysteriously disappear would be a COMMUNITY problem. Who wants to take the time and effort to formulate their thoughts, put them into words, and post them, if they might just disappear? It seems like it might tend to make the forum a little inactive...



I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a troublemaker, I just want to help keep the forum going, and understand what's going on.
leedsveg
06:19 AM 07-21-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by James N. Dawson View Post
Now it looks like David3's post has disappeared.


I would think that a forum in which people's posts often mysteriously disappear would be a COMMUNITY problem. Who wants to take the time and effort to formulate their thoughts, put them into words, and post them, if they might just disappear? It seems like it might tend to make the forum a little inactive...



I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a troublemaker, I just want to help keep the forum going, and understand what's going on.
Posts can disappear with nothing "mysterious" going on. For example a moderator can decide to remove a post because the content breaks forum rules. Also a poster may for whatever reason decide that they no longer wish for their post to exist and so they ask for it to be removed by a moderator. (As I remember, members cannot fully delete a post without the help of a moderator but they can reduce the post to as little as one character -perhaps a fullstop/period- rendering the original post unreadable.)

I'm sorry that your post disappeared James N Dawson but I think it might be a mistake to assume that David3's post has disappeared for the same reason your's did - whatever that reason is. In my 5 years experience of this forum, extant posts disappearing for no simple reason are quite rare so you may want to reconsider what you are implying about the frequency of such events.

Good wishes

Lv
James N. Dawson's Avatar James N. Dawson
07:46 AM 07-21-2018
Well, first there was mine, then David's, in pretty quick succession.


If a moderator delete's a post for breaking forum rules, I think it would be courteous to notify the member that that has been done, specifying the rule or rules, at least by number.


I sincerely try to learn the forum rules. When I click on "Rules" on the above menu, it scrolls down to "Rules and Guidelines". I click that and it takes me to a bunch of recipes.


I just think there may be a few glitches on the forum that might need a little attention.
leedsveg
08:31 AM 07-21-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by James N. Dawson View Post
Well, first there was mine, then David's, in pretty quick succession.


If a moderator delete's a post for breaking forum rules, I think it would be courteous to notify the member that that has been done, specifying the rule or rules, at least by number.


I sincerely try to learn the forum rules. When I click on "Rules" on the above menu, it scrolls down to "Rules and Guidelines". I click that and it takes me to a bunch of recipes.


I just think there may be a few glitches on the forum that might need a little attention.
James.
With respect you have no idea why David's post disappeared, what (if anything)might have been going on the background and who said what to whom, if indeed anything was said. You're just speculating without any evidence. It's just possible that moderators and other members may act, or interact and not feel obliged to keep uninvolved members personally informed, if they don't see it as any of their business.


I'm truly sorry that your earlier post disappeared JND but I hope you enjoy your time on VeggieBoards. I'm now removing myself from this thread and leaving Admin to sort out your posting problem. No doubt Admin will also read your latest post and will chase up why the rules listing seems to have disappeared.

Lv
David3's Avatar David3
10:49 AM 07-21-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by James N. Dawson View Post
Well, first there was mine, then David's, in pretty quick succession.


If a moderator delete's a post for breaking forum rules, I think it would be courteous to notify the member that that has been done, specifying the rule or rules, at least by number.


I sincerely try to learn the forum rules. When I click on "Rules" on the above menu, it scrolls down to "Rules and Guidelines". I click that and it takes me to a bunch of recipes.


I just think there may be a few glitches on the forum that might need a little attention.



Wow, how quickly the conspiracy theories begin!


I removed my post voluntarily. No one asked me to. I felt my post was too hard on the Admin.


.
James N. Dawson's Avatar James N. Dawson
11:13 AM 07-21-2018
Okay, I've learned something. Members can delete their own posts. Many forums don't allow this. But the Forum Rules and FAQ links still need attention. I've never seen these dead on a forum before. If we have all the usual resources, "conspiracy theories" are less likely to happen.
leedsveg
10:06 AM 07-22-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
(As I remember, members cannot fully delete a post without the help of a moderator but they can reduce the post to as little as one character -perhaps a fullstop/period- rendering the original post unreadable.)
I've returned to this thread purely to see if a member CAN fully delete their own post and after a little experiment, I see that they now can. There does seem to be a time limit though after which you cannot edit/delete your post. I don't know how long this is but in that instance, I'm sure you would need the assistance of a moderator/admin to get what you wanted. Not sure when this change came in but it invalidates my above comment. So, SORRY to all but I'm sure that my mistake won't have given anybody a sleepless night.

Lv
CricketVS's Avatar CricketVS
10:04 AM 07-23-2018
We can't always check on a missing thread if we can't see it either.

I am pleased to see that this has been resolved.
CricketVS's Avatar CricketVS
10:25 AM 07-23-2018
I am looking into the issue with the navigation link for rules.
leedsveg
08:30 AM 08-01-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketVS View Post
I am looking into the issue with the navigation link for rules.
Any developments, Cricket?

Leedsveg
CricketVS's Avatar CricketVS
11:35 AM 08-01-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
Any developments, Cricket?

Leedsveg
I did create a ticket, but our tech team has been swamped.
leedsveg
04:33 PM 02-17-2019
Hi Cricket

Thought I'd return 6 months later to see if the problem of the "missing rules" had been resolved but I still can't find them. Is there currently any way to view them because if not, I'm a bit baffled how members are supposed to determine whether their impending posting could be breaching forum rules if the rules are unviewable?

Regards

leedsveg
CricketVS's Avatar CricketVS
09:56 AM 02-19-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
Hi Cricket

Thought I'd return 6 months later to see if the problem of the "missing rules" had been resolved but I still can't find them. Is there currently any way to view them because if not, I'm a bit baffled how members are supposed to determine whether their impending posting could be breaching forum rules if the rules are unviewable?

Regards

leedsveg
I am checking on this again to see if I can get a workaround.
David3's Avatar David3
09:46 AM 02-27-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketVS View Post
I am checking on this again to see if I can get a workaround.


Hi Cricket, any progress?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CricketVS's Avatar CricketVS
09:56 AM 02-27-2019
The ticket has been escalated. I am thinking about putting the rules in a thread for now until it is fixed.

Would that work?
CricketVS's Avatar CricketVS
11:51 AM 02-27-2019
Update: The link is actually working again now. You may need to clear your cache or do a refresh, but the rules are back.
Reply Up
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3