Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By 121674
  • 1 Post By VSadmin
  • 1 Post By jessandreia

#1 Old 12-05-2016, 05:44 PM
From Le Dergoncave

Post Notifications

I'd like to be able to get notifications to all responses to my subscribed threads, not just when mentioned or quoted. I would use my email, but it has enough junk already.

I'd like to be able to customize notifications, being able to choose what and what not to get notifications for.

I'd like the option to get notifications when my post is liked, or when a post in a subscribed thread is liked. If you don't add notification customization, though, I would not like this to be added.

I'd like to have an option to automatically follow the threads I post, and content I post in.
Hydrogen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Hey there

For notifications on site, they will show up just under the navbar in a drop down menu:

veggieboardssubs.jpg

If you have no notifications, that will just be a link to your Private Messages.

To auto-subscribe to threads you post or reply to, you can adjust your settings here: https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/pr...do=editoptions If you only want to see them on site (not in your email), choose No Email Notification.

Your Subscriptions notifications on site is right beside the drop down Notifications (you'll see the link 'Subscriptions'). If you have replies to threads you are subscribed to, a number will appear next to it to indicate how many threads have activity on them. Clicking on it will open the page that lists all your subscribed threads so you can see what has new posts.

You can turn on and off Notifications for Likes in your settings as well. It's about half way down, just above Thread Display Options.

I think that covers what you are looking for. Let us know if there is something else. Note, if you are on mobile, you'll have to switch over to Desktop view to access all the options and settings.

Dayle
#3 Old 12-06-2016, 05:44 PM
From Le Dergoncave

Yea, but they don't give you a notification for responses to subscribed threads that don't include quotes or mentions. For example, I didn't get a notification to your response to the 10 Post/24 Hour Rule thread. I had to check the subscribed threads page for new posts. This can work for now, but there will be a time when I have too many subscribed threads to go through all of them. Another possibility is that threads with new posts go to the top.

Thanks! How do you get to that page manually (referring to https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/10...do=editoptions)? EDIT: I found out. I thought I had gone through all my settings. I guess not.

Last edited by 121674; 12-06-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I am not sure this will work as I haven't tried it...

Go on Tools > User CP. Then on the left side in the Control Panel section, there is a subscribed threads subsection. Click on list subscriptions, then checkmark the threads you want to receive notifications for.
Riuma likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#5 Old 12-07-2016, 04:23 PM
From Le Dergoncave

I don't think that worked...
#6 Old 12-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Hey there

What didn't work? Are you getting email notifications when you don't want to? Or are you not seeing the red number beside the Subscription link when there is a reply?

For subscribed threads, there will not be any link under the 'Notifications' drop down. It will only be the number next to the Subscriptions link. You will have to visit that page, and they will be listed in order of last response.

Dayle

Last edited by VSadmin; 12-08-2016 at 10:36 AM.
#7 Old 12-09-2016, 03:19 PM
From Le Dergoncave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
Hey there

What didn't work? Are you getting email notifications when you don't want to? Or are you not seeing the red number beside the Subscription link when there is a reply?

For subscribed threads, there will not be any link under the 'Notifications' drop down. It will only be the number next to the Subscriptions link. You will have to visit that page, and they will be listed in order of last response.

Dayle
The red number never seems to show up here. http://prntscr.com/dhikbi

So will the things in the subscription panel have all the threads with the new replies on top? Because sometimes it doesn't seem to be that way.

Also, the quote below doesn't seem to work, oddly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I am not sure this will work as I haven't tried it...

Go on Tools > User CP. Then on the left side in the Control Panel section, there is a subscribed threads subsection. Click on list subscriptions, then checkmark the threads you want to receive notifications for.
#8 Old 12-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Think something is not working with the alert icon. Getting the same behaviour after some tests on my end. Sending a ticket in to the tech team.

Case #2337427

Kevin
#9 Old 01-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Notification is back up next to subscriptions. It's not lit up, but the number is there.

Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page