10 Post/24 Hour Rule - VeggieBoards

10 Post/24 Hour Rule

03:59 PM 12-04-2016
This other site I'm on has a "10 Post / 24 Hour Rule" that is reliable at counteracting spammers and bots. We could try to use this instead of the link restrictions.

The site requires all accounts to have 10 posts on their account and that their accounts be registered for at least 24 hours before all of the site's features becomes fully available.

The features that require the 10 Post/24 Hour requirement are:

>Starting new conversations, also referred to as Private Messages. New users are able to receive and respond to conversations started by other users. I think they should also be able to send messages to staff, as I needed to do the same thing when I registered.

>Setting a Signature

>Making Status Messages (like on Facebook)

>Sending messages on other user's profiles (again, Facebook)

On the site, all other features such as posting on the forum and altering profile information can be done by newly registered users without any restrictions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Werewolf Girl's Avatar Werewolf Girl
04:19 PM 12-04-2016
I think that's a reasonable suggestion, I've brought it up with the admins of the site.
07:05 PM 12-04-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I think that's a reasonable suggestion, I've brought it up with the admins of the site.
Thanks!

I see there's something similar for private messages. Could the admins perhaps add yourself under users you're allowed to PM when you are below 15/10 posts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

VSadmin's Avatar VSadmin
11:58 AM 12-05-2016
What site has these settings? Will need to check it out to see if the plugins they have in place there could work here.

Kevin
06:48 PM 12-05-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
What site has these settings? Will need to check it out to see if the plugins they have in place there could work here.

Kevin
https://www.rpnation.com

Due to a recent overhaul of the site, I am not 100% sure it still exists there (but all information still holds true, like about its reliability), so you may have to ask an admin; I'd recommend The Dark Wizard.
VSadmin's Avatar VSadmin
09:52 AM 12-06-2016
That forum is using a different software than the one that this site is using.

Though we can go ahead and make a user group promotion in the meantime that will require new members for post 10 times and be on the site for 24 hrs before some of the features are available to them.
We could have it so access to PMs and signatures.

How does the Staff feel about this?

Richard.
Reply Up