10 Post/24 Hour Rule - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By VSadmin

#1 Old 12-04-2016, 02:59 PM
From Le Dergoncave

Exclamation 10 Post/24 Hour Rule

This other site I'm on has a "10 Post / 24 Hour Rule" that is reliable at counteracting spammers and bots. We could try to use this instead of the link restrictions.

The site requires all accounts to have 10 posts on their account and that their accounts be registered for at least 24 hours before all of the site's features becomes fully available.

The features that require the 10 Post/24 Hour requirement are:

>Starting new conversations, also referred to as Private Messages. New users are able to receive and respond to conversations started by other users. I think they should also be able to send messages to staff, as I needed to do the same thing when I registered.

>Setting a Signature

>Making Status Messages (like on Facebook)

>Sending messages on other user's profiles (again, Facebook)

On the site, all other features such as posting on the forum and altering profile information can be done by newly registered users without any restrictions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

I think that's a reasonable suggestion, I've brought it up with the admins of the site.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 12-04-2016, 06:05 PM
From Le Dergoncave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I think that's a reasonable suggestion, I've brought it up with the admins of the site.
Thanks!

I see there's something similar for private messages. Could the admins perhaps add yourself under users you're allowed to PM when you are below 15/10 posts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Administrator

What site has these settings? Will need to check it out to see if the plugins they have in place there could work here.

Kevin
Riuma likes this.
#5 Old 12-05-2016, 05:48 PM
From Le Dergoncave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
What site has these settings? Will need to check it out to see if the plugins they have in place there could work here.

Kevin
https://www.rpnation.com

Due to a recent overhaul of the site, I am not 100% sure it still exists there (but all information still holds true, like about its reliability), so you may have to ask an admin; I'd recommend The Dark Wizard.

Last edited by 121674; 12-05-2016 at 05:53 PM.
#6 Old 12-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Administrator

That forum is using a different software than the one that this site is using.

Though we can go ahead and make a user group promotion in the meantime that will require new members for post 10 times and be on the site for 24 hrs before some of the features are available to them.
We could have it so access to PMs and signatures.

How does the Staff feel about this?

Richard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page