Whut? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM

I just wanted yall to know I am not getting vegan food adds. Its kinda weird, and very amusing. Macaroni and Cheese by Krafts has been popping up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Are you referring to the ads on VeggieBoards? Our administrator, Jennifer C, has been working with Huddler to get more veg-friendly ads on VB, so that's probably why you're seeing an ad for Kraft M & C. As much as some members would like it, it's not possible to have solely vegan ads on VB, but it's much better than some of the ads we've seen in the past.

I think this is what you're thinking of, so I'll move this thread to Site Support instead of General Foods Discussions. (And if it's not, please clarify.)

Aristede:book: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#3 Old 09-15-2013, 08:59 PM

You had it right. I actually find it more amusing than anything else. I keep giggling every time it comes up. lol. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusionist View Post

I just wanted yall to know I am not getting vegan food adds. Its kinda weird, and very amusing. Macaroni and Cheese by Krafts has been popping up.

Like Aristede noted, I'm trying to get more veg-friendly ads on here. It's hard though - because some just pop up when we don't choose them - like meat ads. If that happens, tech needs to get rid of it. For example, someone just noticed a Butterball turkey ad so I emailed tech to get it removed. 

As for mac n cheese, we are a vegetarian & vegan site NOT a 100% vegan site, so an ad like that is appropriate as vegetarians eat mac n cheese. 

If you see a meat ad though, post about here in site support and I'll try to get that removed. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#5 Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Riot Nrrrd

Funny thing about that ad - it includes a recipe for mac-n-cheese pizza. I've been making vegan mac-n-cheese pizzas for awhile now.

Spooky.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#6 Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

ever since opening this thread i've been seeing the mac and cheese ads.
#7 Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Funny thing about that ad - it includes a recipe for mac-n-cheese pizza. I've been making vegan mac-n-cheese pizzas for awhile now.

Spooky.

Which begs the question: is it reading your mind or performing mind control.

Dun dun duuuuun.
Aristede likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#8 Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Like Aristede noted, I'm trying to get more veg-friendly ads on here. It's hard though - because some just pop up when we don't choose them - like meat ads. If that happens, tech needs to get rid of it. For example, someone just noticed a Butterball turkey ad so I emailed tech to get it removed. 

As for mac n cheese, we are a vegetarian & vegan site NOT a 100% vegan site, so an ad like that is appropriate as vegetarians eat mac n cheese. 

If you see a meat ad though, post about here in site support and I'll try to get that removed. 

Understandable. I was just making sure that you know I did my part for the community.

<---feels completely useless most of the time

Aristede and Jennifer C like this.
#9 Old 09-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Which begs the question: is it reading your mind or performing mind control.

Dun dun duuuuun.

Marketing is mind control, after all.... :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIllusionist View Post

Understandable. I was just making sure that you know I did my part for the community.

<---feels completely useless most of the time

You're not useless at all and I've enjoyed your contributions! 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#10 Old 09-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Ooo thank you. I'm glad.

#11 Old 09-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

What happened to contributing members?

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#12 Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Good question. I'd glady start giving up money again to stop seeing ads.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#13 Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I can assume that Contributing Member went away when the forum was sold, though I doubt it was even that popular shortly before the sale. Michael used that to basically defray the costs of operating a forum (it's really expensive). Even then there really weren't that many contributing members when compared to the membership base. I'd aver that if we wanted to do away with ads, members wouldn't be content with paying the fees needed to recoup an equivalent amount of revenue received from advertising. It's a necessary evil, I think.

#14 Old 09-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Contributing members were an old school deal. We don't do that anymore. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page