Have you "Liked" your favorite VeggieBoards member today? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Zelda Freak

No? Well, now you can. 

The "Like" button, also known as "Reputation" is now working on VeggieBoards. This means you can like other member's posts, leave folks comments about why you like their posts and gain points yourself when you write helpful posts. 

To learn more about how to use the "Like" button and to learn where you should go to see all your reputation in one place, read the following article...

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Yes!!! Thank you Jennifer! grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Yes!!! Thank you Jennifer! grin.gif

Actually, a lot of this thanks does go to Monica. She really pushed the tech team to fix this today. I'm excited. Likes should be fun. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Monica! I'm going to be liking things all over the place. broccoli.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Banned

Either we all start out with 20 likes, or there's at least 20 sadists on this board.

Jennifer C likes this.
#6 Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Shell View Post

Either we all start out with 20 likes, or there's at least 20 sadists on this board.

It's the first one :) 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#7 Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 AM

Apparently, I have 28 likes... but really I only have 2. I am confused.

Jennifer C likes this.
#8 Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Zelda Freak

There are some different "Like" situations at work here at VB

• Everyone starts off with 20 freebie points. 
  • Mods and admins get a like point boost, meaning their likes carry more weight - which helps encourage mods to like stuff. The added weight of a mod's vote currently is 3 points. So, if a mod or admin gives you a like, you end up with more points than normal. 
  • There is something called, "Reputation power factor" which means users with higher reputation scores have additional voting power. When a user’s score passes whatever number we decide on, their votes will be +1x more powerful than before. This is true for every multiple of this number. For example if the power factor is “500," then a user with reputation score of 560 will have a 2x voting power bonus. A user with a reputation of 1089 will have a 3x voting power bonus, and so on for every multiple of 500. Our power default here at VB is 100 points.

Also, something new that I just set up is that some likes are worth more depending on what that like was given for. I set scores as follows... 

• If you get a like on a regular forum post you get 1 point.
  • If you get a like on a gallery image, you get 2 points.
  • If you get a like on a wiki article you get 2 points. 

I decided that people who write helpful wikis and submit cool images should get higher points, as these things can take more time. I.e. writing a wiki or taking the time to snap a nice picture are cool additions to VB and should get an extra point. 

I should put all this info in the Like wiki actually so people can find this info. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#9 Old 12-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Will it be supported on Tapatalk? Other forums have this feature on Tapatalk, as well as the ability to edit or remove your post. I tried your mobile Veggieboards, but my goodness, so many ads!
#10 Old 12-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Will it be supported on Tapatalk? Other forums have this feature on Tapatalk, as well as the ability to edit or remove your post. I tried your mobile Veggieboards, but my goodness, so many ads!

Huddler is not providing support for Tapatalk anymore as they've switched over to the new mobile site, and apparently it wasn't working well before anyhow - or so people tell me. 

As for the VB mobile site, I will leave a message for the Huddler tech team mentioning that some think there are too many ads and see if we can do anything about it. Note that half the tech team is on X-mas break, so I may not get a response right away but I'll post here when I do. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#11 Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I was getting a little confused as to why my "likes" apppeared to outnumber my posts which had received "likes", but this explains it. Thanks, Jennifer!

Puppet Master likes this.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#12 Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Actually, a lot of this thanks does go to Monica. She really pushed the tech team to fix this today. I'm excited. Likes should be fun. 

Oh- thanks to Monica too!

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#13 Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

People Like Me !

Do you get something at 100 likes ?

Like some sweets ?

Because i would reeeeally love some sweets...

Poppy and Werewolf Girl like this.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#14 Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

i dont like it!

#15 Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 AM

I 'liked' someone but it didn't show up on their 'like' count, at the side of the post, even after refreshing,

Why is that?

#16 Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

I 'liked' someone but it didn't show up on their 'like' count, at the side of the post, even after refreshing,

Why is that?

After clicking the 'like' button, did you click the 'add to reputation' button that appears below it?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#17 Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 AM

yes, and it did show up as a '1' near the thumbs up icon, but not in the section with the avatar etc.

here is the post.
https://www.veggieboards.com/t/138230/stupid-things-omnivores-say-version-6-0/370_10#post_3211909

#18 Old 02-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Impeach the gangster

Hmmmmm.... I don't know that much about it. I'm wondering if your liked person has to log in, or make another post before their count changes?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#19 Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Have I licked my favorite veggieboards member today?

shocked.gif

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#20 Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Have I licked my favorite veggieboards member today?

shocked.gif

That should be an option. wink3.gif
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#21 Old 02-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Not sure if i want to be licked by every other guy here...

Oh, heck, whatever, let's experience new things !

Shadowlock likes this.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page