Delete account please - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello. I think I picked a bad time, so sorry. I would like to have my account deleted if it is possible please.

This is nothing against veggieboards (or any of the current "drama"), it's something I've wanted to do for ages but I've only just realised it's actually possible. 

Thankyou very much if you can, I have PM'd Huddler but 

a) I wasn't sure it was the right person and 

b) I figure they're pretty busy 

So if a mod could do it (I don't know if they can) that'd be smashing.

Thanks! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 AM
Ankle Biter

We can ban you, if you'd like, but we cannot delete an account. Sorry!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Veggie Regular

That is, moderators are actually unable to do this for you. It's not a matter of wanting to or not wanting to, but the software does not allow it. 

Just clarifying what Poppy said lest someone think that we are just being mean or ignoring these requests

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

That is, moderators are actually unable to do this for you. It's not a matter of wanting to or not wanting to, but the software does not allow it. 

Just clarifying what Poppy said lest someone think that we are just being mean or ignoring these requests

I am not interested in changing my account, but for those who are, couldn't you make it possible for them to delete their own posts and then ban them? The user name would still exist, but their content wouldn't.
#5 Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Ankle Biter

Members are always able to delete posts and request bans.  

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#6 Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I must have missed that.  When did we get the option to delete posts?

#7 Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Members are always able to delete posts and request bans.  

Right now we can only edit posts, not delete them. We could go through and delete all the text, but that's not really ideal.

We have always been able to delete posts in the past. This changed with the software change.
#8 Old 06-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Ankle Biter

Sorry for that mistake. I will ask to see if that can be changed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

#9 Old 06-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Veggie Regular

You can ask but I doubt it's gonna happen. 

It's simply not in the forum owner's best interest to allow post deletion, especially so soon after a takeover.

Posts = assets.

#10 Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Banned

I've been asking for the ability to delete my own posts since the software changeover, and it hasn't happened yet.

I've gone through and edited the text in as many posts as I'm allowed to, but there are still quite a few that I'm not even allowed to edit.

Is there a mod who would be willing to delete my posts from locked threads, if I send links to the threads in question? There are 40-50 of these threads that I would like my posts removed from.

I would be more than happy to do it myself if I was able to, but that's not an option I have.
#11 Old 06-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I was thinking of you, Rabbitluvr, when I posted ^ because I've seen your requests about the ability to delete your own posts.
#12 Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

I was thinking of you, Rabbitluvr, when I posted ^ because I've seen your requests about the ability to delete your own posts.

Yep.

I know for a fact that there is a fairly easy way for mods to go into a thread and delete all posts from a specific member, they don't need to be done one-by-one.

There was a screen cap of that particular mod tool in another community assistance thread, and it was confirmed that it can be done. (It works in a thread, but doesn't work board-wide.)

One mod has been extremely helpful in helping me to remove pictures, as there is now no way to manage pictures uploaded to the forum before the software switch. I don't want to wear out her generosity, though, so I am hoping another mod might help me out now.

(And I have learned a valuable lesson that I should always manage my photos from a third-party image hosting service, never upload to the forum!)
#13 Old 06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Can I ask again why someone would want to delete all their posts? I'm just really curious and don't see why. If it's personal though, and no one wants to say anything, okay.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#14 Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

Think of VB as a storage site for your old post. You can then always come back and copy your old post to use on another site where they want you to keep posting so you don't come across as a lurker. Oh wait, that's too much work, since all you have to do, to not be a lurker, is hit quote/reply and type something real fast like " That sounds just like my boyfriend ! " or  "+ 1", " + 1000 ! "  " do the bumps itch ? "

#15 Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Can I ask again why someone would want to delete all their posts? I'm just really curious and don't see why. If it's personal though, and no one wants to say anything, okay.

I am fairly new here too, but this board has been here for a long time. Imagine posting your personal stuff about family relationships or a life-changing illness, for example. Five years later, big changes that you are not ethically in line with are made to the board, and you decide to leave. All your personal stuff is still there.
#16 Old 07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

I am fairly new here too, but this board has been here for a long time. Imagine posting your personal stuff about family relationships or a life-changing illness, for example. Five years later, big changes that you are not ethically in line with are made to the board, and you decide to leave. All your personal stuff is still there.

Thanks ^^ A few PMed me and clarified why. It does make sense now.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#17 Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I have to say that topics like these doesn't give very good picture from the new owner. For me keeping people hostage like this has turned my mind more against the change than anything else I have heard or read. IMHO the new owner hurts himself more in acting like this and getting more people jump from the ship than they would have originally. Who really wants to support behaviour like this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page