Possibility of being granted a Mass Post Removal? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Will Huddler be awesome enough to wave their sparkly magic wand (not the Hitatchi kind) and delete J
Yeah, I feel confident that they could manage to be that awesome. 1 20.00%
Harhar,har you're having a bloody giraffe, innit? Not on your Nellie, Mate! 1 20.00%
I have little to no clue what you meant about giraffes, but sadly no, I don't think it's likely that hey'll be that nice. 2 40.00%
Dude. Michael is gonna lock this before you can even say 'cough100pointinfractioncough'. 3 60.00%
You poured it on a FISH?! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

I've been away from VB for quite a while now- and I've been happy for my posts to remain visible meanwhile- in the hope that they might be at least somewhat useful to the occasional hardcore back-reading member of the community, and/or to other random web-surfing peeps who may have stumbled across something that might be halfway helpful in one of my old posts.

But I'm not happy with the idea of my posts still being here, now that everything has changed so substantially, in the manner that is apparently has. If veggieboards was now running as a non-profit site, or even as a 'for profit' group with paid veg*n staff- where profits were being funnelled towards positive change that benefited the veg*an community, the betterment of our crappy little world in general, etc., then I'd not have a problem- but yeah. Hmmm. It doesn't really look like that's where we're aiming at right now.

I don't like what Veggieboards has turned into recently, at all. I don't like how the transition has come about, either, and frankly, I don't want my super-awesome screen-name or my relatively decent (I flipping try, I really do!) personage to continue to be associated with it's current incarnation. Nor do I wish for any small amount of cash to find it's way into the pockets that it undoubtedly will, with the help of a single one of my 11544 or so previous ramblings that currently appear on this site.

I appreciate that over the years Michael put a whole bunch of his own time and energy into making veggieboards a great forum to be part of- and it seems that he's now got a little cash in his pocket for his troubles (though I can't seem to find a definitive answer on that anywhere - maybe he sold it for 25 cents and a swift kick to the crotch, who knows :P).

All I know for certain is that I, myself, gave a huge amount of my own personal time and energy to veggieboards while serving as an unpaid moderator for this community- for a long long time, and that I'm pretty sure that I didn't ever ask for anything back as a result- nor did I get anything for my toil, beyond that warm fuzzy feeling that came from reading a thank you pm from a community-member who appreciated my help, once in a while.

Now I'm going to ask for something:

Back in the day, if a user wanted all of their posts removed from veggieboards, they could give Michael $5 -or a similar small token like that- and in a somewhat Jean-Luc Picard -esque style, he would proceed to 'make it so'. Now, I don't know whether 'Huddler' is honouring time-honoured traditions or making kindly gestures for the sake of goodwill, or not... but I could probably rustle up $5 in canadian small change, at a push, so I'd REALLY like to know....

.....Can all of my old posts please be removed from appearing on Veggieboards?

How can I acheive this?

To where should I mail the scavenged up shrapnel from my trusty small-change jar?

-Thanks,

jen

PS: Yeah, I know that I rambled there. Sorries. It's a thing that I do. I have a medical condition. *waves numerous pill packets and bottles in evidence* :P

PPS: I missed you, awesome peeps. Maybe I'll see some of you around in future. Maybe I already DO see some of you around, in present. I hope you're all awesome! :D *provides enthusiastic squishy hugs upon request*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned

I would also like my posts deleted. And, Jen, as we were unpaid mods for quite some time, I would think we're owed it!
#3 Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM

this is a "community", so I think Huddler are gonna have to up the tranquilliser dose in the water, the way things are going....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Banned

I would also pay to have my old posts deleted. Huddler, you might as well do it. You're not going to make any money off us otherwise.

#5 Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Banned

I would be willing to pay $5 to have all of my old posts deleted.

Though I wish there were a way for that to go to the mods who have actually helped me on this forum.
#6 Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd like all of mine deleted, as well.

#7 Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Veggie Regular

I would like all of my posts deleted as well.

(I won't hold my breath waiting for it though).

#8 Old 06-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneticallymodified View Post

PS: Yeah, I know that I rambled there. Sorries. It's a thing that I do. I have a medical condition. *waves numerous pill packets and bottles in evidence* :P

Too bad we don't see more interesting personalities like this.  

#9 Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Way to flounce, people! You showed them!

#10 Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

yeah, i'm not trying to flounce actually. :P

#11 Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I'm just a little curious and hope somebody could elaborate maybe a little more, but why would you want old posts deleted? Are they somehow detrimental to you or something? Is it just certain posts or what are we talking about here?

I personally know I'd like the option to simply delete a post because I know I have accidentally double posted a few times and I don't know currently of a way to delete them.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#12 Old 06-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I assumed everyone on this thread was leaving due to the Huddler situation, which is why they wanted their old posts removed. I'm not sure why you'd want to stay active on the forum but simply have all your old posts removed. Is this some sort of bizarre protest?

The usual way to delete all of a members' posts would be require deleting their account as well. Otherwise it would require manual deletion. Unless there is something set up to delete posts in a particular time frame, it really wouldn't be feasible. But perhaps they could delete your account and all your posts, and then make a new one. I still don't really get it.
#13 Old 06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Banned

Is the new Huddler policy to ignore things they don't like and hope they'll go away?
#14 Old 06-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe they got discouraged and walked away from this mess.  tongue3.gif

#15 Old 06-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Ankle Biter

We (the mods) cannot do a complete post deletion for given members.  On previous versions, Michael generally refused to do mass deletions, but would once in a while, so it must have been possible.  Whether or not it is possible here is not known at this point in time. 

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#16 Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

I'm just a little curious and hope somebody could elaborate maybe a little more, but why would you want old posts deleted? Are they somehow detrimental to you or something? Is it just certain posts or what are we talking about here?

I personally know I'd like the option to simply delete a post because I know I have accidentally double posted a few times and I don't know currently of a way to delete them.

i'd like ALL of my posts deleted.

i joined a long time ago, when veggieboards was a community run by vegetarians, for the benefit of other vegetarians- we all helped each other out because we cared, and nobody went home with a fat wodge of cash in their pocket- just a fuzzy kind feeling in their hearts.

now veggieboards has been sold to a private company that wants us all to keep helping each other, but who, at the same time, pay their own people to keep everybody talking and interested, and who plan on going home with a big chunk of money in their pockets as a result of us spending our time and energy helping each other.

i used to be part of a group of friends, who met up to support each other out. i did lots of work to help my friends. but it feels like our 'group of friends meeting in the park for a picnic to chat and help each other out', has turned into something less nice. it's like they sold the park, and turned it into the huddler hq themepark, put burgers vans all over the place, and company salesmen steering us around, and took all my work, made a book, and are selling it with their name stamped on it, then pocketing the cash. nobody gave me any idea that this was coming, or any opportunity to say "i don't want to go to a themepark, i don't want my work to be part of the book!". all of the help and support i gave to people who needed help, now also makes lots of money for strangers, who will probably spend the money in ways i don't agree with. i don't like that. i don't think it's fair. i signed up for the picnic in the park with my friends- i helped cos helping felt like the right thing to do. it doesn't any more.

#17 Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

We (the mods) cannot do a complete post deletion for given members.  On previous versions, Michael generally refused to do mass deletions, but would once in a while, so it must have been possible.  Whether or not it is possible here is not known at this point in time. 

i never saw a 'general refusal'. he did mass deletions for many established members.

i recall sometimes he refused to delete posts from newbies who posted 3 times then flounced off... but they could delete those themselves.  i helped them to delete them, in fact. different thing entirely.

Whether or not it is possible here is 'not known' by whom? by YOU? or by anybody?

#18 Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Ankle Biter

By me or anybody online at the moment. smiley.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#19 Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

But it IS possible to delete all posts by a member on a thread-by-thread basis. There is a screen cap of that mod tool in another thread.

Would a mod be willing to remove posts from me in locked threads if I send links to those threads?
#20 Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

What I don't understand is why you would want to keep your account but delete all your posts. They can almost certainly delete your account and posts all in one fell swoop - this must be done on a regular basis for spammers, although it may need to be done by the administrator rather than a moderator.

You guys have to realize that most websites are about making money, whether it is obvious or not. Some people run websites/blogs/forums out of the goodness of their hearts, but most expect to at least be compensated for their time. Many hope to quit their day job someday, when they make enough money from advertising. Whether or not VB was sold to Huddler, it was likely always profiting someone. If you don't want to support Huddler, that's one thing. But if you don't want to participate in something that someone is making a profit off of, you're going to have a hard time finding any forum you can participate in.
#21 Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:

By me or anybody online at the moment. smiley.gif

:rofl:

it's always possible to remove posts by a user.

otherwise how would you deal with insane spamming sprees?

you just nix all the posts by that username, then ban them. tada!.

#22 Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

What I don't understand is why you would want to keep your account but delete all your posts. They can almost certainly delete your account and posts all in one fell swoop - this must be done on a regular basis for spammers, although it may need to be done by the administrator rather than a moderator.

You guys have to realize that most websites are about making money, whether it is obvious or not. Some people run websites/blogs/forums out of the goodness of their hearts, but most expect to at least be compensated for their time. Many hope to quit their day job someday, when they make enough money from advertising. Whether or not VB was sold to Huddler, it was likely always profiting someone. If you don't want to support Huddler, that's one thing. But if you don't want to participate in something that someone is making a profit off of, you're going to have a hard time finding any forum you can participate in.

i don't want to keep my account. i want to be GONE. :D

oh, i know how the internet and money works, i'm not completely and utterly stupid, honest. :D

*cough* i don't wish to support michaels covert sale of vb to huddler, nor the growth of huddler off the back of vb. *cough*

i mean i have a stalker and need my posts gone for safety reasons.

#23 Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

i don't want to keep my account. i want to be GONE. grin.gif

oh, i know how the internet and money works, i'm not completely and utterly stupid, honest. grin.gif

i don't wish to support michaels covert sale of vb to huddler, nor the growth of huddler off the back of vb.

The thing to do for faster action would be to tell them you have an internet stalker, so you need your account and posts gone for safety reasons. I know it has to be possible. I just think with the software change and the administration change, no one knows which end is up.
#24 Old 06-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

HI HUDDLER!

I have an internet stalker, so I need my account and posts gone for safety reasons.

also, i have been asked to tell you by Earthling (who appears to have found herself banned- she assumes for trying to edit her posts after not receiving a reply as to whether or not you'd delete them for her) that she also has an internet stalker and needs her account and posts gone for safety reasons too please thank you. :)

#25 Old 06-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

I just think with the software change and the administration change, no one knows which end is up.

Especially since the new owners and admin are, for all practical purposes, absent. I'm assuming from the mods that are posting that they don't know how to do anything with the forum software now that they have been given no training or assistance or training, either.

(Though it's been several weeks since the software switch, I would have thought everyone had had enough time to play around with it by now. I know some of the mods have figured stuff out, but from the responses of "we don't know yet" - or complete lack of responses, in other cases, I guess not.)
#26 Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Banned

I have an Internet stalker, too.
#27 Old 06-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:

HI HUDDLER!

I have an internet stalker, so I need my account and posts gone for safety reasons.

also, i have been asked to tell you by Earthling (who appears to have found herself banned- she assumes for trying to edit her posts after not receiving a reply as to whether or not you'd delete them for her) that she also has an internet stalker and needs her account and posts gone for safety reasons too please thank you. :)

Oh, thanks for clearing up the reasons. I'm sorry to hear that :( and I hope everything gets resolved and you can have your posts deleted.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#28 Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Banned

If it isn't possible to have my posts deleted, could I get my user name changed?

Please?

#29 Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I also would like to have my posts removed. I'd like to make as clean a break from vb as possible; so if not possible to delete, I will survive. I wish no ill-will towards my friends or the mod team on vb; we've had a good run. But I'm really not comfortable leaving my content up on vb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Oh, thanks for clearing up the reasons. I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif and I hope everything gets resolved and you can have your posts deleted.

Holy crap. O.o

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#30 Old 06-27-2012, 01:06 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Holy crap. O.o

What? O___O Did I do something wrong?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page