How to delete your private messages - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

Right now you can delete all but your last 20 private messages. For some reason the admin has the threshold set to save the last twenty messages you put in your trash can. I have no idea why. I put messages I want to save in a saved folder and things I DON'T want to save in the trash, but whatever. I'm just weird like that. thinking.gif Here is a work around until the admin figures out what most people use the trash can for drops the setting for messages saved in your trash to zero.

Send yourself 20 messages, or swap sending 20 with someone else. You don't have to put much more than a dash in the message to send it. The next day, all older messages should be deleted and you should just be left with the 20 you sent yourself. Unfortunately, you'll have to do this every time you have a message you want to actually be deleted from your trash, but it gets the job the done. It is a bit tedious, but work arounds for badly written software usually are. wall.gif

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned

Thanks for that. It's still bloody stupid that we have to do it this way.

Any news if they've changed the software so Huddler can no longer read our private messages? And is "Huddler" actually going to apologise for breaking the rules about not posting the content of private messages? It's bad enough they're reading them, let alone plastering them over the forum.
#3 Old 06-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

Thanks for that. It's still bloody stupid that we have to do it this way.
Any news if they've changed the software so Huddler can no longer read our private messages? And is "Huddler" actually going to apologise for breaking the rules about not posting the content of private messages? It's bad enough they're reading them, let alone plastering them over the forum.

Anyone with access to the database, on any forum, with a little know how or add-on can read your private messages. I just wouldn't send anything you wouldn't want being seen. That's generally a good idea for the internet in general.

As for posting the the contents of a PM, they have apologized for that and have stated it won't happen again.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page