By using Veggieboards you are supporting elephant hunting. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Banned

Because our dear old "huddler" has been completely refusing to tell us who actually owns Veggieboards now, sleepydvdr did some googling and found out for us.

Here is the post in the New Veggieboards thread: https://www.veggieboards.com/t/135490/new-veggieboards/440_40#post_3167067
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Nevermind, Huddler. You don't have to answer the question. I looked up VB on a WhoIs site and Huddler is the owner. Not only that, it is hosted by GoDaddy, the company owned by the guy who loves to hunting and killing elephants. Yep, we remember these things. Huddler, SERIOUSLY, think about switching website hosting providers. It's bad enough that Huddler is not an all-vegetarian company. Hosting with GoDaddy is even worse! Furthermore, GoDaddy treats women like sex dolls.

Here's the current WhoIs info on VB:

Registrant:
Collacomm Inc
525 Market St
Suite 200
San Francisco, California 94105
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: VEGGIEBOARDS.COM
Created on: 25-Nov-00
Expires on: 25-Nov-12
Last Updated on: 16-May-12

Administrative Contact:
Gill, Dan [email protected]
Collacomm Inc
525 Market St
Suite 200
United States
+1.4153976000

Technical Contact:
Gill, Dan [email protected]
Collacomm Inc
525 Market St
Suite 200
United States
+1.4153976000

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HUDDLER.COM
NS2.HUDDLER.COM
NS3.HUDDLER.COM
NS4.HUDDLER.COM
NS5.HUDDLER.COM
NS6.HUDDLER.COM

That's right guys. Huddler, are using the money they are getting from the ad revenue (for which they are quite happy to plaster meat in our faces to get the money) and then they are lining the pocket of the guy who happily runs around Africa shooting elephants.

So not only is Veggieboards now own by a corporation who only care about the money, the corporation also owns and runs pro-hunting, meat-eaters, fishing, raising animals for slaughter etc forums as well as Veggieboards (but they refused to see why that is a problem!), Huddler are now directly funding hunting themselves. Which means that you, yes you, are directly funding hunting. You use Veggieboards, Huddler gets money from that, Huddler gives money to GoDaddy, GoDaddy guy goes shoots more elephants and/or other animals.

How lovely.

If you wish to carry on using VB, then fine. I wanted to make this post so that people who have no idea how awful Huddler is can actually see the truth and make their own minds up if their morals and ethics will let them stay here. So now you all know the truth. Spread the word. It's not fair that people are using this place in good faith that it's a true vegetarian community whereas it is now actually run by a pro-hunting, omni dictatorial corporation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

hi.gif Clueless Git. I see you've been viewing this thread for a long time. (Well you were 3 hours ago as well) I thought you were banned? Or is Huddler also incapable of understanding what banning a person should actually entail?
#3 Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

If you want to leave Veggieboards, no one will stop you. But if that's what you want to do, just do it and don't make a big show of it or keep coming back here to start ****.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Veggieboards's domain was already bought through GoDaddy a looonnnnggg time ago. This is nothing new.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#5 Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned

Oh believe me, I am leaving VB. But I think everybody has a right to know the truth about Huddler so they can make up their mind about whether they want to stay here. This isn't starting ****, this is refusing to let Huddler cover up all their lies and allowing people to have a choice of what they want to do.

Oh and a FYI. Threatening people on other websites that you will ban them from VB for what they write on the other website, is **** stirring.

EDIT: And I fully expect you will ban me now because I've been the person brave enough to point out just how controlling you are. Being a mod does not make you a god no matter how much you would like to think that. smiley.gif
#6 Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Veggie Regular

But sleepdvdr already posted that information, which is totally fine by me. Your post seems more about anger than about facts. 

And I was also referring to your addressing a banned member. I just don't understand the point of that. Are you trying to bait him to join the other forum to cause drama there? Because that's what you seem to like so much...drama. I've noticed this on the several other occasions you have "left" Veggieboards.  I'm sorry if you think I'm controlling. I'm not sure I could be any less controlling and still be an effective moderator. I know I won't convince you personally, but I want to assure others that I was not trying to threaten anyone with a ban. I just wanted to remind everyone that there are several Veggieboards moderators who have decided to join I.S.'s forum too, so talking about the "they" over at VB is strange. The "they" is also part of the "we," unless you don't want to welcome anyone who is not leaving VB entirely or resigning from their mod post. 

I hate all this drama. I really do. I want all of us to get along. There can be two vegetarian forums are on the Internet. Some members can post in both places, or only one place if they choose. Those who want to leave can leave, but there's no need to slam the door multiple times on the way out. Please keep in mind that this is only an internet forum. What happened here is that an administrator of an Internet forum decided to hand that forum over to someone else (it seems, I'm not clear on the details myself.) Take a few deep breaths. It will be okay. The sun will rise tomorrow. And, as Puppet Master says, the GoDaddy thing is actually old news and doesn't have anything to do with huddler (if I understand correctly.) So, it's not open season on elephants here at Veggieboards.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
#7 Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

But sleepdvdr already posted that information, which is totally fine by me. Your post seems more about anger than about facts. 

Sleepydvdr's post is buried in another thread in which "huddler" has continently being ignoring answering the question as to who actually owns VB. The facts now is that a pro-hunting, pro-meat money making corporation now owns and runs VB. Not everybody is going to read through the 400+ posts in that thread to find that fact. I'm posting a new thread so those people can have access to the information which huddler would prefer they didn't know.
Quote:
And I was also referring to your addressing a banned member. I just don't understand the point of that. Are you trying to bait him to join the other forum to cause drama there?
That was my way of pointing out how **** the new software is if banned members can still see threads and people's profiles. I don't care about CG himself, it's the whole software thing that's my issue.
Quote:
Because that's what you seem to like so much...drama. I've noticed this on the several other occasions you have "left" Veggieboards.

When have I "left" VB? Yes, I did say I was leaving over the ads (which I'm still convinced huddler want to run so they can make money from them) and I've only come back now so people can find out the truth about Huddler.
Quote:
 I'm sorry if you think I'm controlling. I'm not sure I could be any less controlling and still be an effective moderator. I know I won't convince you personally, but I want to assure others that I was not trying to threaten anyone with a ban. I just wanted to remind everyone that there are several Veggieboards moderators who have decided to join I.S.'s forum too, so talking about the "they" over at VB is strange. The "they" is also part of the "we," unless you don't want to welcome anyone who is not leaving VB entirely or resigning from their mod post. 

Oh honey, that was a threat. We're not idiots, you don't need to treat us like ones. We know full well that several members there are mods here and guess what?! Nobody appears to have any issues with the mods on here. It's the admin, so "huddler" and Michael that people are angry at and which is very clear from the posts. Nothing about the mods so that post was completely unnecessary and smacked of being a power hungry control freak if I'm being honest. Wanting to rule over us on that board despite not being a mod there.
Quote:
I hate all this drama. I really do. I want all of us to get along. There can be two vegetarian forums are on the Internet. Some members can post in both places, or only one place if they choose. Those who want to leave can leave, but there's no need to slam the door multiple times on the way out. Please keep in mind that this is only an internet forum. What happened here is that an administrator of an Internet forum decided to hand that forum over to someone else (it seems, I'm not clear on the details myself.) Take a few deep breaths. It will be okay. The sun will rise tomorrow. And, as Puppet Master says, the GoDaddy thing is actually old news and doesn't have anything to do with huddler (if I understand correctly.) So, it's not open season on elephants here at Veggieboards.

As I've said before. Huddler is a pro-hunting, pro-meat, omni money-making corporation who directly contradict the morals and ethics of many VB members. Those members have a right to know the truth about Huddler and if they want to stay here or not. Michael sold out on us. That's what happened and we're pissed off at him. It's also wrong that we have no privacy settings on here, Huddler are reading our PMs (and if anybody think that's right then they need their head checking), and banned members (some of whom were making death threats/stalker other members) are now able to view everything on this forum, they just can't post. Those are my issues with this place and believe me I am pissed.
Quote:
Take a few deep breaths. It will be okay. The sun will rise tomorrow.

Cheers for the patronising. It just makes me feel all warm and happy inside!
#8 Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Veggieboards being owned by a non-veg*n corporation (or a corporation at all) and agree it's a sell out. But I dont see how just because a third party is using their software to create a meat/hunting related site, this means that Huddler themselves are pro-hunting. Am I missing something?

#9 Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I'm not thrilled with the idea of Veggieboards being owned by a non-veg*n corporation (or a corporation at all) and agree it's a sell out. But I dont see how just because a third party is using their software to create a meat/hunting related site, this means that Huddler themselves are pro-hunting. Am I missing something?

That's what it sounds like to me, Pirate Ferret. I'm sure our former types of forum software were also used by people we wouldn't necessarily like too. 

#10 Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlan View Post

Nope, you are not missing anything.  The connection is no different than Facebook hosting vegetarian and hunting groups.  Just the usual message board drama created when change occurs.

No, there is a difference. The people who now own and run VB are directly profiting from pro-meat and pro-hunting boards. I can't quite believe that people are so blind that they cannot see just how wrong that is for the ethical veg*ns on this board. There is a conflict on interest. (Actually, I bet said forums would love to know that the people they're giving money to now own and run this place rather than just being the hosting platform. There is a whole world of difference between hosting somewhere and owning and running it.. )
#11 Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

When i buy vegan food at my supermarket i support the meat industry, the exploitation or the poor, the children, the use of GMO and chemicals and anything related to the other products sold by the supermarket...

In this world everything is linked.

You can always set up some forgotten camp in the middle of the jungle, but will this change things ?

Should we speak about the way your internet provider is using your money ?

Should we speak about the way the guys you bought your computer from are using your money ?

I m not saying that you are wrong or whatever, but i d like to know your alternatives.

What ethical vegan hosts and servers are you using ?

What internet provider are you using ?

Who made your computer ?

If i m happy with your response, i will happilly change.

I would also like to remind that the Word Wildlife Fund, wich is saving so many animals, has initially been created by hunters...

Show me perfection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#12 Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Let me put it another way.. If Michael, when he owned and ran VB, was directly profiting himself from pro-meat and pro-hunting organisations/forums, would that have been acceptable?
#13 Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

While I appreciate the info, accusing those of us who still post here of "supporting elephant hunting" seems like a big stretch.

#14 Old 06-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

Let me put it another way.. If Michael, when he owned and ran VB, was directly profiting himself from pro-meat and pro-hunting organisations/forums, would that have been acceptable?

Actually, it wouldn't even have bothered me if Michael himself wasn't vegetarian, just as long as he provided an exclusively vegetarian forum for us to use. I've got my share of gripes with the new management, but this particular battle you are waging is not one of them. There is not a single product or service I buy or use that doesn't also profit from meat-eating... whether it be my supermarket, shoe store, internet provider, or Taco Bell... and if they provide good service to me I certainly don't mind if they make a profit while doing so.  Otherwise they wouldn't be able to continue selling the veg*n items I want.

#15 Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

And I was also referring to your addressing a banned member.

Can I just clarify...is CG banned?

And if so could we know why he was ?

And why he was not notified of that fact?

#16 Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

No, there is a difference. The people who now own and run VB are directly profiting from pro-meat and pro-hunting boards. I can't quite believe that people are so blind that they cannot see just how wrong that is for the ethical veg*ns on this board. There is a conflict on interest. (Actually, I bet said forums would love to know that the people they're giving money to now own and run this place rather than just being the hosting platform. There is a whole world of difference between hosting somewhere and owning and running it.. )

agree with this. It would be one thing if we were just hosted by huddler, but being owned and run by huddler makes me a little uneasy. Im sure the lady or gentleman who has stepped forward to look after our board is very nice, but what if they one day find another job and leave Huddler? Then we will have someone omni overseeing the board.
#17 Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Veggie Regular

And as for the GoDaddy thing, I read about the hunting and that is pretty awful. I would never use that host, personally, and I think it is crazy that this website is hosted by them.
#18 Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Administrator

This site is not hosted with them. We have $27 worth of domain names with them. That's never been a secret and it's not anything new. That information is publicly accessible and it's been with them for many years. If you dig deep enough you could probably find similar (or worse) issues w/ any domain name registrars. Most, if not all, (not to mention vBulletin and your very own internet service provider) provided services, domain names, access to, hate groups, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page