New Veggieboards... - Page 16 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#451 Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Seconded. Also, if you want to leave and go to another forum, just leave and go to another forum. Don't make a huge noise about it and try to sabotage VB. That's just childish. And if you have legitimate concerns about the forum functionality, let huddler know about it. 

OMFG, could you be any more of a goody-2-shoes?!  :lol:

The admin here sold his membership to a non-veggie corporate concern (not that I'm surprised), without saying a bloody word about it (cos he knew he would have to face a ****storm,)  and all you can come up with is to tell the long-term membership to stop having an opinion about it. thinking.gif  Woah.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#452 Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

Quote:

Seconded. Also, if you want to leave and go to another forum, just leave and go to another forum. Don't make a huge noise about it and try to sabotage VB. That's just childish. And if you have legitimate concerns about the forum functionality, let huddler know about it. 

OMFG, could you be any more of a goody-2-shoes?!  laugh.gif

The admin here sold his membership to a non-veggie corporate concern (not that I'm surprised), without saying a bloody word about it (cos he knew he would have to face a ****storm,)  and all you can come up with is to tell the long-term membership to stop having an opinion about it. thinking.gif   Woah.

Nishani, I actually agree with you for once! laugh.gif +1
#453 Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Nevermind, Huddler. You don't have to answer the question. I looked up VB on a WhoIs site and Huddler is the owner. Not only that, it is hosted by GoDaddy, the company owned by the guy who loves to hunting and killing elephants. Yep, we remember these things. Huddler, SERIOUSLY, think about switching website hosting providers. It's bad enough that Huddler is not an all-vegetarian company. Hosting with GoDaddy is even worse! Furthermore, GoDaddy treats women like sex dolls.

Here's the current WhoIs info on VB:

Registrant:
Collacomm Inc
525 Market St
Suite 200
San Francisco, California 94105
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: VEGGIEBOARDS.COM
Created on: 25-Nov-00
Expires on: 25-Nov-12
Last Updated on: 16-May-12

Administrative Contact:
Gill, Dan [email protected]
Collacomm Inc
525 Market St
Suite 200
United States
+1.4153976000

Technical Contact:
Gill, Dan [email protected]
Collacomm Inc
525 Market St
Suite 200
United States
+1.4153976000

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HUDDLER.COM
NS2.HUDDLER.COM
NS3.HUDDLER.COM
NS4.HUDDLER.COM
NS5.HUDDLER.COM
NS6.HUDDLER.COM

The godaddy reference above is actually where the original name was purchased.  As far as hosting the site, the actual servers reside in a server cluster managed by Huddler as happens with all of the sites we partner with yet do not own (many of whom were referenced earlier in this thread).  I understand that there is a huge conspiracy and distrust of myself and Huddler and the goal is to make sure that Veggie Boards TOS, users, and mission remain the exact same as they have been.  In order to do this I've started a separate thread which addressed the ad issues and as other main issues are reported I will continue to ad them to the list as I work on them.  I've received a number of personal attacks on the board, and also through PM.  I'd like to work with everyone to work through these issues and give the community and moderation team as much power as possible to run the community as best you see fit.  

Hmmm.....
I originally bought all my domains from godaddy, but as soon as I transferred them elsewhere, the new registrar was listed the same day the transfer went through. Strange that they are still listed with godaddy if you have them registered elsewhere. You may want to check into that and have the information corrected.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#454 Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

OMFG, could you be any more of a goody-2-shoes?!  :lol:

The admin here sold his membership to a non-veggie corporate concern (not that I'm surprised), without saying a bloody word about it (cos he knew he would have to face a ****storm,)  and all you can come up with is to tell the long-term membership to stop having an opinion about it. thinking.gif  Woah.

I'm not saying to not have an opinion. I never said that. 

I just hate all the drama and find it childish and unnecessary. That is 100% my entire point in many of my recent posts. 

#455 Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Ok people, I have a clearer understanding of what's going on now, and I think some things need to be said a couple more times to get others to understand what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Nevermind, Huddler. You don't have to answer the question. I looked up VB on a WhoIs site and Huddler is the owner. Not only that, it is hosted by GoDaddy, the company owned by the guy who loves to hunting and killing elephants. Yep, we remember these things. Huddler, SERIOUSLY, think about switching website hosting providers. It's bad enough that Huddler is not an all-vegetarian company. Hosting with GoDaddy is even worse! Furthermore, GoDaddy treats women like sex dolls.

Here's the current WhoIs info on VB:

VB's domain was already bought though GoDaddy long before this, so this is not new. Here it is on February 2nd of this year.

2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 respectively:

Before the date on the 2008 one, it was Tucows.
And all the other 30+ Huddler communities are all hosted by Huddler's stable, secure servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

Well, the obvious way to do that is to give us back our privacy settings, the ability to delete posts and stop running pro-hunting and pro-meat forums which show a clear conflict of interest with what VB is all about... And what else? Oh yes! Stop using us to make money. mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post

The privacy and ad things are an annoyance but the idea that veggieboards is now administered by an organization that also administers sites promoting anti-ethical vegan actvities and ideals is enough for me to say bye.
Huddler is pretty much just another forum software, like IP Board, vBulletin, ProBoards, etc. The Huddler team works behind the scenes to keep the software up and running, up to date, change whatever needs to be changed, whatever. Therefore, using the Huddler software is more 'personal' than vBulletin for example. VeggieBoards is a special case, and a first for them, as one of their team members (the user 'huddler') is now the main administrator, since Michael has little time to devote to the site anymore (which is not nor should it be news to anyone). The original goal was for huddler to work in the background, and for the mods to take more of a role in running the site. But this obviously did not work out. tongue3.gif

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#456 Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Banned

But why weren't we told that a pro-meat, pro-hunting omni corporation was going to be taking over the site? Why has it been done in a sneaky back-handed way and we're just expected to be mindless sheep and go along with it? Why?
#457 Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm not saying to not have an opinion. I never said that. 

I just hate all the drama and find it childish and unnecessary. That is 100% my entire point in many of my recent posts. 

When most of the long-term membership's opinion is negative, and you are telling them not to make a noise about it, that is basically saying you don't want their opinion. This kerfuffle isn't just drama this time around, this is really an end of an era for VB as we knew it, so no matter what your personal opinion is, you should step back and let the people who have made this board what it was over the years, have a bit of a vent about the improper way that this change-over was handled.

m8itcanw8.com
#458 Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Huddler is pretty much just another forum software, like IP Board, vBulletin, ProBoards, etc. The Huddler team works behind the scenes to keep the software up and running, up to date, change whatever needs to be changed, whatever.

It's not *quite* just another forum software, as their goal is to monetize existing forums through advertising.

Other forum software can host advertising, but bringing in revenue through advertising isn't their main purpose. (And there are quite a few forums out there that do not host ads.) From what I've read online, making money from hosting ads is Huddler's main purpose for existing.
#459 Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

When most of the long-term membership's opinion is negative, and you are telling them not to make a noise about it, that is basically saying you don't want their opinion. This kerfuffle isn't just drama this time around, this is really an end of an era for VB as we knew it, so no matter what your personal opinion is, you should step back and let the people who have made this board what it was over the years, have a bit of a vent about the improper way that this change-over was handled.

I think you said it best. It's the end of an era. There have always been a core group of people who have stuck around for a long time.I am already signed up at the other site and I'm seeing most of my favorite people there. We see newbies come and go all the time. I think this new era for VB will be nothing but newbies signing up, posting a few times and forgetting about their account.

#460 Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:

But why weren't we told that a pro-meat, pro-hunting omni corporation was going to be taking over the site? Why has it been done in a sneaky back-handed way and we're just expected to be mindless sheep and go along with it? Why?
Like I said, the original goal was for the user huddler to work in the background, and the mods to have more of a role in the community than previously (also the community editors thing). It was/is to be that the mods can run the community without huddler's direct involvement, but he to help us with anything we need in order to do so. Since this change is very big and very different, and the reaction has been very volatile, it obviously hasn't worked out how it was planned so far, but once everything settles, hopefully it will. From what I know, no one, Michael or huddler, expected it to turn out the way it did. I do think it could have been handled better, I do think Michael should have kept the users (and the mods, we only discovered something might be going to happen a couple months ago when we saw an orange "huddler" in the Who's Online list) up to date on what was going to happen in the future so something like this mutiny tongue3.gif could be avoided. I do not believe whatsoever that it was ever intentionally meant to hurt and upset people at all the way it did, but seeing as how this is an extremely passionate community with extremely passionate members, anything perceived as an attack on us and what we know will, no doubt, make us want to protect it.

Last night, huddler posted asking for input from us mods in the mod forum, and I wrote a lengthy post highlighting the main issues I believe most users have, so everything everyone is saying is not falling on deaf ears. I have my own opinions, I see people's opinions on Facebook, I see people's opinions here, whatever else, it's clear what needs to be changed. To quote one of the sentences, "Lots of VB members are close (we've held interviews of members in the past), and having a stranger show up and start running the place really took everyone by surprise." Huddler (the user) didn't expect people to be so interested in who he is and what his deal is, and so now he plans on making a thread introducing himself and about what Huddler is.

What's also going to happen is a thread listing the major issues and will be updated as each one gets fixed. Right now the ad thing is being worked on. The TOS will be changed. Other things will and are being worked on.

#461 Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

I can see what you are saying Puppet, but at the end of the day this was Michael selling out on us to a non-veg*n corporation. It should never have been that Huddler has a role in the actual running and admin of the site, even in the background, or even owning this place. As a hosting platform, then yes. But like this? Or even what was planned? I fail to see how Michael couldn't have know this wasn't going to go down well. He knew, he just didn't tell us because he wanted the money from Huddler.

EDIT: How are the TOS being changed? Are they being changed so non-veg*ns like Huddler can now be members? huh.gif
#462 Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I can see what you are saying Puppet, but at the end of the day this was Michael selling out on us to a non-veg*n corporation. It should never have been that Huddler has a role in the actual running and admin of the site, even in the background, or even owning this place. As a hosting platform, then yes. But like this? Or even what was planned? I fail to see how Michael couldn't have know this wasn't going to go down well. He knew, he just didn't tell us because he wanted the money from Huddler.
EDIT: How are the TOS being changed? Are they being changed so non-veg*ns like Huddler can now be members? huh.gif

I believe she meant the TOS will be changed back to ban non-veg*n members. I'm not sure they were ever changed on purpose. 

#463 Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:

I believe she meant the TOS will be changed back to ban non-veg*n members. I'm not sure they were ever changed on purpose. 

Ah. So when that happens does it mean that Huddler will finally be banned?
#464 Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Huddler (the user) has said in a previous post that he happens to be a vegetarians of 2 years and that is the reason that he was the one appointed to administer VB.

Although I don't know how true that is, but at the same time, who knows how many people here pretend to be veg.  We don't know.  As long as people said they were veg and acted like they were veg for the purpose of this board, they were never questioned. (Except for those who were grandfathered in as former vegs, and for the record, I have no idea who those members are, I only know that they exist)

#465 Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

But it still comes down to the whole point of the board now is to make money. Every section seems to have a way to earn money as its main objective. There are products on here promoting meat in the reviews area. I saw in a previous post it was blamed on Amazon having things miscatergorized. But if they hadn't been in such a hurry to have things imported to start making money, that wouldn't have happened. Why not let just users add products on their own?

#466 Old 06-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Quote:

How long will that take? A simple copy and paste of the original TOS should take what....30 seconds?

Also, when they do finally get around to making the changes, will any non-veg*ns who joined be banned? Say a group of duck hunters joined before the change, will they be allowed to stay?

#467 Old 06-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm brand new. But I do really like the format.

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#468 Old 06-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Administrator

I'm on my phone and can't type much now. I'll respond more later tonight.

There's no intention to change how VB is run. If you're interested in helping improve upon how things are now that will be greatly appreciated.

For those of you that are upset by this... If there's nothing we can say or do to change that I'm not sure what to tell you. It is what it is. The internet, much like life, is full of options, don't spend time doing things that make you unhappy.

Anyway, a little more will be posted tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#469 Old 06-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

How long will that take? A simple copy and paste of the original TOS should take what....30 seconds?
Also, when they do finally get around to making the changes, will any non-veg*ns who joined be banned? Say a group of duck hunters joined before the change, will they be allowed to stay?
The rules never changed to allow anyone in the first place. Does anyone even remember what the vB VB TOS said? Because I don't. All I remember was the 2008 thread Michael started that laid out the "veg*ns only" rule. And I remember linking to that thread several times in the past when omnis have shown up, as opposed to the TOS.

Ok, I just went to archive.org, and June 6, 2011, the very bottom of VB where it said "[Community Guidelines]", if you clicked on it, it linked to that thread. It's the same thing back into 2010. It's giving me problems so I can't go farther than that anymore.

Edit: I got it to work, VB on March 25, 2009, "Rules" linked to that thread.

I took a look at the FAQ from 2005-2008, and there are also lots of pages that aren't available, but from what I can see, it doesn't mention you have to be veg*n to post.
Quote:

But it still comes down to the whole point of the board now is to make money. Every section seems to have a way to earn money as its main objective. There are products on here promoting meat in the reviews area. I saw in a previous post it was blamed on Amazon having things miscatergorized. But if they hadn't been in such a hurry to have things imported to start making money, that wouldn't have happened. Why not let just users add products on their own?
I posted about this before, but if anyone sees anything not veg*n in the reviews section, tell a mod and we'll get rid of it. I have spent so much time in that section adding hundreds of stuff. If I missed anything, I'm sorry, but tell someone and we'll get rid of it. Also, I want to point out, that there is a difference between items that actually are on VB, and items that the Amazon search thing is pulling up. If you go to "Add Item" and search for something, for this example, "Cookbooks". The first ones to show (and sometimes the only ones to show) are items already submitted to the VB reviews, and the lower (or sometimes all) ones are items that are not on VB. See image for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Although I don't know how true that is, but at the same time, who knows how many people here pretend to be veg.  We don't know.  As long as people said they were veg and acted like they were veg for the purpose of this board, they were never questioned. (Except for those who were grandfathered in as former vegs, and for the record, I have no idea who those members are, I only know that they exist)
I can think of some members who are not/no longer veg*n and are still active here, but from what I've seen, people don't seem to have an issue with them (or are even aware of it).

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

It's not *quite* just another forum software, as their goal is to monetize existing forums through advertising.
Other forum software can host advertising, but bringing in revenue through advertising isn't their main purpose. (And there are quite a few forums out there that do not host ads.) From what I've read online, making money from hosting ads is Huddler's main purpose for existing.

Look at it like this:
If you want to use vBulletin or whatever, you have to pay the company to use their software. And if you want any extra things, like an arcade or whatnot, you have to pay for them as well. If you want to upgrade, you also have to pay for it. With Huddler, they get a share of your ad revenue in exchange for using their software and whatever 'comes with' using Huddler (for example: increased pageviews, better search results). Now VB is a special case and things may be different, but I'm just going to assume it's not extremely different.

Huddler, if you see anything incorrect with what I put right there, please feel free to correct me. I'm just going off what I've put together from reading online, and that's not always reliable.

#470 Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Quote:

The rules never changed to allow anyone in the first place. Does anyone even remember what the vB VB TOS said? Because I don't. All I remember was the 2008 thread Michael started that laid out the "veg*ns only" rule. And I remember linking to that thread several times in the past when omnis have shown up, as opposed to the TOS.

Ok, I just went to archive.org, and June 6, 2011, the very bottom of VB where it said "[Community Guidelines]", if you clicked on it, it linked to that thread. It's the same thing back into 2010. It's giving me problems so I can't go farther than that anymore.

Edit: I got it to work, VB on March 25, 2009, "Rules" linked to that thread.

I took a look at the FAQ from 2005-2008, and there are also lots of pages that aren't available, but from what I can see, it doesn't mention you have to be veg*n to post.

The only TOS I see displayed now is an article stating Terms of Service and a privacy/TOS link at the bottom of the page which takes you to the same article. Nowhere does it say it's a veg*n only board. It may be in the old TOS, but anyone new signing up is going to see these and think you don't need to be veg*n.
Quote:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. Your continued use of this site following the effective date of such changes to these Terms will mean you accept those changes.

Although the administrators and moderators of VeggieBoards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages, reviews, and Wiki articles off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all site content. All contents expresses the views of the author, and the owners of VeggieBoards will not be held responsible for the content of any message, review, article, or other item on the site.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of VeggieBoards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread, article, review area, etc. for any reason.

The owners of VeggieBoards reserve the right to modify these terms at any time.

and the

#471 Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Ankle Biter

This continues to be the first rule of VeggieBoards, stickied under Community Assistance.

Rule #1

You must be a vegetarian or have a sincere interest in going vegetarian to register and/or post here. This is not just a vegetarian forum, this is a forum for vegetarians.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#472 Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

vBulletin hosts thousands of sites, including pro-meat, pro-hunting sites.  

And VeggieBoards has not been "taken over".  It is still VeggieBoards (and yes, even Tame has chimed in on this issue!).  I suspect that the Huddler team, whether or not they are individually vegetarians, truly wants this site to be active, engaging and profitable.  Members do not have to stay, and you do not have go along with anything. If you want to see what direction this takes, stick around. VB will have to remain an informative and supportive place to be.  I don't see how that can change and still be successful, which is the goal, after all.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#473 Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

vBulletin hosts thousands of sites, including pro-meat, pro-hunting sites.  

Hosts, yes. Owns and runs forums with direct conflicts of interests, and direct flouting of the rules of said forums, no. I still cannot see how people are so blind to the glaring difference between that.
Quote:
And VeggieBoards has not been "taken over".  It is still VeggieBoards (and yes, even Tame has chimed in on this issue!).  I suspect that the Huddler team, whether or not they are individually vegetarians, truly wants this site to be active, engaging and profitable.  Members do not have to stay, and you do not have go along with anything. If you want to see what direction this takes, stick around. VB will have to remain an informative and supportive place to be.  I don't see how that can change and still be successful, which is the goal, after all.

Ummm... It has been taken over. As far as everybody knew, VB was run and owned by Michael. But, in a completely dishonest, sneaky, back-handed way it is now owned by a non veg*n corporation who only want this board to be active so they can make money from us. And we were lied to. They refused to give (and still refuse) straight answers to our questions and members themselves have had to take it upon themselves to find out the truth. That is actually despicable behaviour.

Of course they want the site to be active. This site is now only a money making scam and I don't like people being lied to and treated like commodities that are only treated like human beings with feelings and opinions as long as money can be made from them. And I am determined that everybody are allowed to know the truth and then they can make up their own minds. Right now it feels like a dictatorship that wants to stifle anything that dares to shatter their great money grabbing plans. Because unlike Huddler and Michael I actually care about people and don't view them as a profitable assets.

And I'm still extremely angry about the lack of privacy and the sheer audacity of Huddler to not only read our PMs, but to post the content publicly. I have PMs on here that share a lot of personal detail because I thought they were private messages. I now have no way of deleting them and all of the Huddler corporation now have access to them. So I'm sticking around until they get their heads out of their arses and sort that out.
#474 Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM

I've been looking at the data post conversion and TOS rules are actually the same.  What I think folks have been referencing are the rules of the community here which remain the same: https://www.veggieboards.com/t/61578/rules-infraction-system-please-read-prior-to-posting/0_40

It's a backend change to add these to the TOS (which again is still in the original language).  I'll add this to the TOS since it is on every page and new folks coming to the community read this first.  Added here.https://www.veggieboards.com/a/terms-of-service

#475 Old 06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

I've been looking at the data post conversion and TOS rules are actually the same.  What I think folks have been referencing are the rules of the community here which remain the same: https://www.veggieboards.com/t/61578/rules-infraction-system-please-read-prior-to-posting/0_40

It's a backend change to add these to the TOS (which again is still in the original language).  I'll add this to the TOS since it is on every page and new folks coming to the community read this first.  Added here.https://www.veggieboards.com/a/terms-of-service

Cool. So why didn't you follow this rule? "Do not discuss private correspondence publicly (pm's, e-mail, etc) without permission from all parties involved."

And why on earth are you reading our private messages and why will you not let us delete them?
#476 Old 06-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

This is quite disturbing.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#477 Old 06-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Contrary to claims made in this thread, I can't read PMs unless they bounce back to [email protected] when these get emailed out.  This happens very rarely, but did because folks were sending a massive amount of PMs recently to likely members who have changed their email addresses.  PMs can be deleted, the last 20 PMs go to your Trash folder, anything older than the last 20 gets permanently deleted.  Hope that helps clarify things!

#478 Old 06-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd still like to know how over a hundred of my private messages, dating all the way back to August of 2010, and which I had deleted long ago on the old board, suddenly re-appeared in my inbox here on the Huddler forum?  How do these even still exist?  I'm beginning to have doubts not only about privacy issues on this forum, but from the old forum as well.

#479 Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

Contrary to claims made in this thread, I can't read PMs unless they bounce back to [email protected] when these get emailed out.  This happens very rarely, but did because folks were sending a massive amount of PMs recently to likely members who have changed their email addresses.  PMs can be deleted, the last 20 PMs go to your Trash folder, anything older than the last 20 gets permanently deleted.  Hope that helps clarify things!

Fine. People can decide if they want to believe your lie about not being able to read our PMs. But why did you, yourself, break the rule and post publicly the content of a member's PM? A PM that wasn't even sent to you!

That doesn't help. So do I have to wait for more people to send me PMs so that 20 can build up before the PMs I want to be deleted can be deleted? That is a ridiculous system. I want to delete some certain messages because I don't want you, or anybody else from Huddler, reading them (I'm sorry, but you've lied about so much, refused to answer so many questions and done everything in such a sneaky, back-handed way that I fail to see how you expect me to now take your word that you can't read PMs ) and I have no way of doing it.
#480 Old 06-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

Hosts, yes. Owns and runs forums with direct conflicts of interests, and direct flouting of the rules of said forums, no. I still cannot see how people are so blind to the glaring difference between that.
Ummm... It has been taken over. As far as everybody knew, VB was run and owned by Michael. But, in a completely dishonest, sneaky, back-handed way it is now owned by a non veg*n corporation who only want this board to be active so they can make money from us. And we were lied to. They refused to give (and still refuse) straight answers to our questions and members themselves have had to take it upon themselves to find out the truth. That is actually despicable behaviour.
Of course they want the site to be active. This site is now only a money making scam and I don't like people being lied to and treated like commodities that are only treated like human beings with feelings and opinions as long as money can be made from them. And I am determined that everybody are allowed to know the truth and then they can make up their own minds. Right now it feels like a dictatorship that wants to stifle anything that dares to shatter their great money grabbing plans. Because unlike Huddler and Michael I actually care about people and don't view them as a profitable assets.
And I'm still extremely angry about the lack of privacy and the sheer audacity of Huddler to not only read our PMs, but to post the content publicly. I have PMs on here that share a lot of personal detail because I thought they were private messages. I now have no way of deleting them and all of the Huddler corporation now have access to them. So I'm sticking around until they get their heads out of their arses and sort that out.

There was nothing dishonest, sneaky or backhanded in the transaction.  People can buy or sell things that they own without having to get permission from other parties. Sure, Huddler owns many different sites, vBulletin managed many different sites.  Either way, omnis have been involved in VB for a very long time.  The admin who is posting under the name Huddler has said that s/he is a vegetarian. There is absolutely no reason to think otherwise.

No one is reading your pms.  No one is reading my pms.  Why would they?  The pm in question got bounced, probably due to a bad address or typo. Directing people over to the new site is being done blatantly in posts and in signatures, and has been made public by several members.  While it was not right for a pm to go public, the damage was insignificant, and the explanation of how and why it was read was believable. The degree to which this minor snafu has been blown out of proportion is just plain silly.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page