New Veggieboards... - Page 15 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#421 Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Veggie Regular

testing testing

****ing
****ty

ETA: Ah, okay. It seems that the naughty word filter is only half working. On Vbulletin we had a lot of words "bleeped" out, but as you can see, on the new board, not so much. How do we mods get this taken care of?

Kinda sucks that we have to go through all of this again, as we did it before, but I think Veggieboards on any platform should be family-friendly.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM

did you look at your post in 'preview' Amy?

it seems like all the swearwords got bleeped when you posted.....preview doesn't seem to bleep words.

ETA: not sure what you mean now.....whert's my delete button..

#423 Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddler View Post

Actually bounced emails go to a Huddler servers...which had a note from you encouraging folks to go to Veggie Views.  We actually don't have any tools to read PMs, but I can't in good faith continue to let Earthling tell mis-truths about Huddler.  I'm happy to continue a dialogue of the things we can do to make sure we improve VeggieBoards, but not if it is to have folks stop posting here when we are working in earnest to try and fix all the issues folks are worried about.

Can we delete our PMs? We are finding that we can move them to the trash but cant delete them permenantly, like we could with Vbulletin. Cant you understand why people would be bothered that they are no longer able to delete their stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#424 Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM

So I guess any actual software changes that are made, Huddler, would all be lost in any future upgrades, so you are reluctant to make those changes, and just stick to tweaking settings?

#425 Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

VeggieBoards has had a good run, but it's probably time for it to die. 

Wow. I can understand some of the complaints, but what I am seeing in this forum is just super harsh and vitriolic.

Yeah, really, guys. Give it time. Change sucks, I know, but come on. Maybe it'll work out in the end.

#426 Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarita Osita View Post

Yeah, really, guys. Give it time. Change sucks, I know, but come on. Maybe it'll work out in the end.

Seconded. Also, if you want to leave and go to another forum, just leave and go to another forum. Don't make a huge noise about it and try to sabotage VB. That's just childish. And if you have legitimate concerns about the forum functionality, let huddler know about it. 

#427 Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Quote:

Actually bounced emails go to a Huddler servers...which had a note from you encouraging folks to go to Veggie Views.  We actually don't have any tools to read PMs, but I can't in good faith continue to let Earthling tell mis-truths about Huddler.  I'm happy to continue a dialogue of the things we can do to make sure we improve VeggieBoards, but not if it is to have folks stop posting here when we are working in earnest to try and fix all the issues folks are worried about.

Can we delete our PMs? We are finding that we can move them to the trash but cant delete them permenantly, like we could with Vbulletin. Cant you understand why people would be bothered that they are no longer able to delete their stuff?

Part of the of platform is that the system stores your 20 oldest deleted PMs in trash.  Every night anything over 20 (starting from the oldest) will be purged from the system every night.  I understand the concern, and most assuredly understand that folks get more sensitive when there is so much change on the site, especially when there is some one completely new answering all of your questions.  In the coming days I'll make a post introducing myself with more details about my life (what I grow in my garden, favorite recipes, etc.) as folks seem to be interested.  

#428 Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Banned

But what about the delete button?
#429 Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

But what about the delete button?

Thanks for staying on top of this one.  This is not a normal setting that exists on the platform, currently there is no ability for individual members to delete any of your posts over the history of the forum, however you can edit any post you would like no matter when that post was made.  There is no setting today that exists and I look into what might need to happen to create a separate permission for this.

I will be shortly (the next few days) compiling a list of the various issues that folks have brought up in this thread, start a new thread and make sure it's clear what progress is being made about the various suggestions, tweaks, and changes everyone has been requesting.

#430 Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Like many others, I mainly access vb from my smart phone. Tapatalk now will not connect to vb, though my other forums are fine there. Is Tapatalk 2 still supported? Because the regular mobile site is horrendous.
#431 Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

however you can edit any post you would like no matter when that post was made. There is no setting today that exists and I look into what might need to happen to create a separate permission for this.

I can't edit posts in locked threads. Please tell me how I can edit those posts.

Mods can delete posts, can you just give that permission to another "group" of members? I am a Contributing Member ("supporter"). That should be one of the privileges.
#432 Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Like many others, I mainly access vb from my smart phone. Tapatalk now will not connect to vb, though my other forums are fine there. Is Tapatalk 2 still supported? Because the regular mobile site is horrendous.

Tapatak should be working with VB, if not it might be bug, but I will check from my phone and get back to you.

#433 Old 06-04-2012, 11:29 PM

For folks that are not supporters and have been having problems with ads, immediately I'd like to enable these individuals to turn off ads and browse the site ad free.  The short term goal is to get these ads off the site, but I'd rather have folks enjoy the site immediate without getting horrible ads immediately.

If you're not a supporter and would like to get the option to turn off ads, please reply in this thread and I'll add you to this group this week.  Thanks!

#434 Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Veggie Regular

A concern I have is the rules for who is to join the board. Is it still going to be a vegetarian only board?
#435 Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

It works just fine for me.

#436 Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I can't edit posts in locked threads. Please tell me how I can edit those posts.
Mods can delete posts, can you just give that permission to another "group" of members? I am a Contributing Member ("supporter"). That should be one of the privileges.

You couldn't delete posts in locked threads on the old software either. I would report the post and ask the Mods to delete it.

I hope we can delete our own posts soon. I've only used that feature a handful of times, but it should be available.

#437 Old 06-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Quote:

You couldn't delete posts in locked threads on the old software either. I would report the post and ask the Mods to delete it.

I hope we can delete our own posts soon. I've only used that feature a handful of times, but it should be available.

But before, I think I could edit posts in locked threads? I'm pretty sure I did it at least once.

I'll start reporting posts in locked threads that I want deleted. Will keep someone busy. tongue3.gif
#438 Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:

I'll start reporting posts in locked threads that I want deleted. Will keep someone busy. tongue3.gif
laugh.gif We've got an easier way to take care of reported posts, so I don't think it'd be too much of a hassle. Now, if everyone started doing it, well...no.gif

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#439 Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Veggie Regular

nevermind.
#440 Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

Just a warning guys, especially those of you worried about privacy:
Huddler are reading your PMs.

Thanks for the warning.

I could have fun with this.

#441 Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Veggie Regular

So, my question still has not been answered.

So let me rephrase it: Who owns Veggieboards?

Nec Aspera Terrent
#442 Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Veggie Regular

You know, with your screen name, it sounds like you're talking about yourself in the third person. It's wiggin' me out, man.

ETA: That was to huddler...duh.

#443 Old 06-05-2012, 03:18 AM

Narrator: "Who owns VeggieBoard? Sarge? No. Rosemary, the telephone operator? No.Penry, the mild-mannered janitor?"

Penry: "Could Be!"

#444 Old 06-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

A concern I have is the rules for who is to join the board. Is it still going to be a vegetarian only board?

My question is - can it start being a vegetarian-only board and kick out the meat-eating grandfathers left behind who haunt the compost heap?

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#445 Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Banned

I haven't been reading this thread for a couple weeks now. Jen (I Heart Corey Haim) told me about this takeover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

As Danaksculy64 said above, it's been her home for 6 years and many others as well. We were pretty much told that the site was getting a face-lift with a few added features, but come to find out someone else has taken over running the board. So yeah, there is going to be a lot of hostility when you feel you've been misled.

I think this is how I feel about the matter. If Michael/Huddler had been upfront and told us what was going on, I wouldn't be upset right now. But it's almost like they tried to slip it past us. In business, you can only fool consumers for a little while. They will discover the truth and when they do, they will be pissed off.

Remember the fiasco with VegNews using real meat in their "vegan" pictures? I never renewed my membership and I still keep getting emails and postcards trying to get me back. I already told them why I wasn't renewing. Don't piss off your customers.

As to whether I will stay here, I don't know. I'll have to think about it. But first things first, no one has answered WonderRandy's question. I think that is a HUGE mistake. I'm waiting for that answer, too.

Tick, tock...

#446 Old 06-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Banned

Nevermind, Huddler. You don't have to answer the question. I looked up VB on a WhoIs site and Huddler is the owner. Not only that, it is hosted by GoDaddy, the company owned by the guy who loves to hunting and killing elephants. Yep, we remember these things. Huddler, SERIOUSLY, think about switching website hosting providers. It's bad enough that Huddler is not an all-vegetarian company. Hosting with GoDaddy is even worse! Furthermore, GoDaddy treats women like sex dolls.

Here's the current WhoIs info on VB:

Registrant:
   Collacomm Inc
   525 Market St
   Suite 200
   San Francisco, California 94105
   United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: VEGGIEBOARDS.COM
      Created on: 25-Nov-00
      Expires on: 25-Nov-12
      Last Updated on: 16-May-12

Administrative Contact:
      Gill, Dan  [email protected]
      Collacomm Inc
      525 Market St
      Suite 200
      United States
      +1.4153976000

Technical Contact:
      Collacomm Inc
      525 Market St
      Suite 200
      United States
      +1.4153976000

Domain servers in listed order:
      NS1.HUDDLER.COM
      NS2.HUDDLER.COM
      NS3.HUDDLER.COM
      NS4.HUDDLER.COM
      NS5.HUDDLER.COM
      NS6.HUDDLER.COM
#447 Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Nevermind, Huddler. You don't have to answer the question. I looked up VB on a WhoIs site and Huddler is the owner. Not only that, it is hosted by GoDaddy, the company owned by the guy who loves to hunting and killing elephants. Yep, we remember these things. Huddler, SERIOUSLY, think about switching website hosting providers. It's bad enough that Huddler is not an all-vegetarian company. Hosting with GoDaddy is even worse! Furthermore, GoDaddy treats women like sex dolls.

Caring, compassion and ethics are always the first to go when there is money to be made. undecided.gif

As soon as I heard about godaddys ceo and his hunting adventures, I switched. Between that and their support of SOPA they lost over 100,000 domains. Since profits aren't my bottom line, I didn't mind paying a little extra to go with a decent company.

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

#448 Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Here's the current WhoIs info on VB:

Registrant:
   Collacomm Inc
   525 Market St
   Suite 200
   United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
   Domain Name: VEGGIEBOARDS.COM
      Created on: 25-Nov-00
      Expires on: 25-Nov-12
      Last Updated on: 16-May-12

Administrative Contact:
      Collacomm Inc
      525 Market St
      Suite 200
      United States
      +1.4153976000

Technical Contact:
      Collacomm Inc
      525 Market St
      Suite 200
      United States
      +1.4153976000

Domain servers in listed order:
      NS1.HUDDLER.COM
      NS2.HUDDLER.COM
      NS3.HUDDLER.COM
      NS4.HUDDLER.COM
      NS5.HUDDLER.COM
      NS6.HUDDLER.COM

The godaddy reference above is actually where the original name was purchased.  As far as hosting the site, the actual servers reside in a server cluster managed by Huddler as happens with all of the sites we partner with yet do not own (many of whom were referenced earlier in this thread).  I understand that there is a huge conspiracy and distrust of myself and Huddler and the goal is to make sure that Veggie Boards TOS, users, and mission remain the exact same as they have been.  In order to do this I've started a separate thread which addressed the ad issues and as other main issues are reported I will continue to ad them to the list as I work on them.  I've received a number of personal attacks on the board, and also through PM.  I'd like to work with everyone to work through these issues and give the community and moderation team as much power as possible to run the community as best you see fit.  

#449 Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:

The godaddy reference above is actually where the original name was purchased.  As far as hosting the site, the actual servers reside in a server cluster managed by Huddler as happens with all of the sites we partner with yet do not own (many of whom were referenced earlier in this thread).  I understand that there is a huge conspiracy and distrust of myself and Huddler and the goal is to make sure that Veggie Boards TOS, users, and mission remain the exact same as they have been.  In order to do this I've started a separate thread which addressed the ad issues and as other main issues are reported I will continue to ad them to the list as I work on them.  I've received a number of personal attacks on the board, and also through PM.  I'd like to work with everyone to work through these issues and give the community and moderation team as much power as possible to run the community as best you see fit.  

Well, the obvious way to do that is to give us back our privacy settings, the ability to delete posts and stop running pro-hunting and pro-meat forums which show a clear conflict of interest with what VB is all about... And what else? Oh yes! Stop using us to make money. mad.gif
#450 Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Gib
Veggie Regular

The privacy and ad things are an annoyance but the idea that veggieboards is now administered by an organization that also administers sites promoting anti-ethical vegan actvities and ideals is enough for me to say bye.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page