Who exactly does one report mods double standards and - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

blatant acts of favoritism and failure to respond to?

How exactly do the mods get modded?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Veggie Regular

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you want the mods to do something on your behalf you have to call their attention to stuff. No doubt if you are getting in trouble it is because someone is reporting you, not because the mods are paying special attention to you on their own volition.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#3 Old 05-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you want the mods to do something on your behalf you have to call their attention to stuff. No doubt if you are getting in trouble it is because someone is reporting you, not because the mods are paying special attention to you on their own volition.

I did and that's why I am asking who exactly handles mods not doing their jobs these days. I know Micheal doesn't play that active a roll in this forum anymore, so I am wondering who is the top dog in the food chain so to speak, since it seems mods don't like to discipline their friends when they break the rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't think they report back to you when they do something to someone. If posts need editing though, that ought to be done by either the reported person, or a mod, as far as I know.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#5 Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

I don't think they report back to you when they do something to someone. If posts need editing though, that ought to be done by either the reported person, or a mod, as far as I know.

and there is the point of my question
#6 Old 05-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Impeach the gangster

Sometimes it takes time, john. Have some patience.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#7 Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Sometimes it takes time, john. Have some patience.

I am sick and tired of this ongoing issue my patience with it is done.
#8 Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Impeach the gangster

Perhaps you should lie down....

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#9 Old 05-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

The title of this thread is pretty feverish.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#10 Old 05-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Perhaps you should lie down....

this has been an ongoing thing for a few yrs now, one in which i thought had been resolved. I am tired of it, has nothing to do with lying down.

I don't have a problem with most things, but I have grown extremely tired of this.
#11 Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocjohn View Post

this has been an ongoing thing for a few yrs now, one in which i thought had been resolved. I am tired of it, has nothing to do with lying down.

I don't have a problem with most things, but I have grown extremely tired of this.

Remember, when speaking with moderators, you're dealing with a vast bureaucracy, fraught with red-tape. Have you offered an appropriate bribe?

#12 Old 05-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Remember, when speaking with moderators, you're dealing with a vast bureaucracy, fraught with red-tape. Have you offered an appropriate bribe?

I don't offer bribes, I would hope that being a moderator on a board such as this one would be able to put aside their biases and online friendships and preform the job they signed on for. If they can't then one in that position should really question if they should be in that position.
#13 Old 05-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

I don't offer bribes, I would hope that being a moderator on a board such as this one would be able to put aside their biases and online friendships and preform the job they signed on for. If they can't then one in that position should really question if they should be in that position.

Your honesty is admirable, but without knowing what the issue is, I can't comment farther. Care to spill your guts?

#14 Old 05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you tried one of the various rituals? I find burning floppy disks with some celery on top works best, but only if I inhale the fumes. Also, politely discussing it directly with the mod in question would be a good start, if you haven't done so already.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#15 Old 05-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I think references to your diet persist partly because you've been rather evasive about the issue in the past. You can try to get the mods to do something about it, but I think the simplest solution would be to say "I am veg*n like the TOS requires, end of" and move on to something else, when someone brings it up.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#16 Old 05-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Your honesty is admirable, but without knowing what the issue is, I can't comment farther. Care to spill your guts?

I will save it until I see someone I know is a moderator and has played straight with me in the past is online, despite our past disagreements.
#17 Old 05-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess if VB mods don't correct one's grievances satisfactorily, one has no recourse but to take the issue up with God and see if He can remedy the situation.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#18 Old 05-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I think references to your diet persist partly because you've been rather evasive about the issue in the past. You can try to get the mods do something about it, but I think the simplest solution would be to say "I am veg*n like the TOS required, end of" and move on to something else.

See the problem with that is I have done that on more than one occassion on this forum, going more than a few yrs back when i did one of those question and answer sessions for a week and my eating habits came up.

This has been an ongoing issue with that individual, it used to be amusing, and about a yr ago it grew old, not it is beyond irritating, and if you read the thread I had answered that question today.... or yesterday depending on your time zone.

I am done with the bs.
#19 Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not fully aware of the situation obviously, but not discussing it will only perpetuate the problem.

Disclaimer: I'm insane.
#20 Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Impeach the gangster

Quote:

I will save it until I see someone I know is a moderator and has played straight with me in the past is online, despite our past disagreements.

Problem solved! Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor.

#21 Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

I guess if VB mods don't correct one's grievances satisfactorily, one has no recourse but to take the issue up with God and see if He can remedy the situation.

Or they could take their cue from your behavior, and stalk people around the board when their grievances are ignored.
#22 Old 05-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

Or they could take their cue from your behavior, and stalk people around the board when their grievances are ignored.

Huh? Commenting on this thread is "stalking?" Whatever, but it looks like you followed me here.

If you've got a grievance, take it up with the VB mods already!

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#23 Old 05-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

Huh? Commenting on this thread is "stalking?" Whatever, but it looks like you followed me here.

If you've got a grievance, take it up with the VB mods already!

Of course you do. Only you know why you would join a board, agree to it's rules, then spend half a decade publicly complaining about the existing membership and rules you agreed to when you joined.

But that's neither here nor there.
#24 Old 05-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not complaining about anything here. I like this board.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#25 Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 AM
Ex-*****

Quote:

blatant acts of favoritism and failure to respond to?

You'd have to talk to Michael, the board owner. He's perhaps less involved these days, but still the owner and the one you'd have to appeal to.

Quote:
How exactly do the mods get modded?

If a moderator resigns then Michael or someone else in the mod crew will start a thread in the mod forum where we discuss potential replacements. There could be vetoes against certain candidates, praise in favour of others etc. We try to reach a consensus, but that often fails so we then vote among the top handful of candidates. (The voting system varies.) The winner then has to be approved by Michael before we ask the member whether he will accept the position.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#26 Old 05-15-2011, 02:39 AM

Also, perhaps when reporting a troubling post at 11:30 at night, Eastern Time, perhaps you should give more than 20 minutes before reporting it again and demanding that corrective action be taken.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#27 Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Also, perhaps when reporting a troubling post at 11:30 at night, Eastern Time, perhaps you should give more than 20 minutes before reporting it again and demanding that corrective action be taken.

Yes, contrary to popular beliefs, we have lives and also enjoy sleep every once in a while....
#28 Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I am curious is Poppy still a mod?
#29 Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:

I am curious is Poppy still a mod?

Are you playing favourites??
#30 Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

Are you playing favourites??

nope, it seems like it's being implied that no mods were on line last night so I am curious if she is still a mod.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page