why the big gross burger ads! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 AM

i have been visiting this site and have resently joined. But everytime I go to the forums the ads at the top show a big gross burger (it really doesnt look like a veg burger) and today there was a baby surrounded by dead fish flesh (sushi)...please help me understand why this is shown on a vegetarian/ vegan web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Banned

From the FAQ:

I see an inappropriate ad.

Most of our ads are provided by Google and are automatically matched with the content on the page. So if hunting is being discussed there may be ads for hunting equipment. There is no way for me to block sites based on keyword. I can block up to 200 URL's (and do) but need to be selective (since there is a limit on how many I can block I need to pick the worst).

The server costs nearly $4000 per year so we need the ads (in general) to keep VB running.

I don't really worry about it too much since I doubt we're sending them very many customers.

If you wish to remove the ads altogether you can do so by becoming a Contributing Member...

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/payments.php

In addition to no ads Contributing Members receive additional perks like increased space for private messages, attachments, and photos.

If you see ads that are very offensive (primarily fur and hunting trips) please let me know by sending a PM. If possible include either a screenshot of the ad or right click on the ad and copy and paste the url into the PM (please do not click on the actual ad).
#3 Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

yeah, that. the FAQs are here: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...sked-Questions

case closed.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page