Viewing pictures in posts - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi,

How come there are some threads/posts I can't see pictures in but others can? In the same thread I can see video but no pictures - I have checked I have the 'enable pictures' selected in my settings.

ÂMay all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their pain. May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free. May the powerless find power, and may people befriend all life. May those of all species who find themselves lost, the young,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 AM
HNV
Veggie Regular

Good question. I noticed the same thing. I just figured it was some sort of quirky thing with Chromium,

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of humanity.
#3 Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Can you post a link to an example?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 AM
HNV
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...-to-Save/page2

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of humanity.
#5 Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Administrator

What posts specifically are you referring to?

I see some red X's but that's usually a problem with the website hosting the image.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Beginner

i have this same problem..
#7 Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...=1#post2580949

It seems that this post ^ should should have a picture, but I can't see one... If it doesn't have one, just ignore me. I'm using Firefox on Mac OS X, if that helps.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#8 Old 01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Administrator

There is code for an image in that post but it goes to this url...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....yzSvrYfeTAM%3D

Which is apparently not a link to an image.

#9 Old 01-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Veggie Regular

OK, cool. That sort of thing probably explains the occasional missing picture that I encounter. Thank you!

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#10 Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I noticed it in others but most recently this one - https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...Trying-to-Save

When I view it there are no red crosses, just gaps where pictures should be.

ÂMay all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their pain. May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free. May the powerless find power, and may people befriend all life. May those of all species who find themselves lost, the young,...
#11 Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Administrator

In the first post?

It appears to be a post by the same person. I wonder if they're not using the proper tags to do what they want.

#12 Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

No, all the way through - the pictures that VeganTigress has posted of Bella. Especially towards the end of the thread.

#13 Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Can you give me some post numbers?

#14 Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Sure.... I can't see 15, 20, 30 and 72 to name a few but I CAN see 52 and 61. I'm currently using Firefox but I viewed it in Internet Explorer and I can't see them in that either. But from the posts everyone else has made, it seems like they can see them. A few of the newer ones are 211, 222 and 228.

#15 Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Same issue I posted earlier, all of the images are listed in the following format...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....xIRMe41P1iI%3D

Click it and you'll see the image doesn't load. It's an issue with the way it's linked, not the way it's being displayed here.

#16 Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Bum and I did so want to see pictures of Bella! Thanks for looking into it though.

#17 Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstarteManeo View Post

Bum and I did so want to see pictures of Bella! Thanks for looking into it though.

I have the same problem with VT's pics. I can only see half of them. Weird.
#18 Old 01-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I have this problem myself - I upload a photo to say, twitpic, copy the URL from properties, and it shows up - but when I go back to the thread, there's just an empty space, no sign I'd posted a picture at all! What am I doing wrong? most recently this thread, post 26 https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...t=#post2586125
#19 Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator

When I click to edit that post I don't see a code for an image.

#20 Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Veggie Regular

*jaw drop* But - I swear! oh. wow. ummmmmmmmm it was this URL http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/phot...2B2DdrZ41kM%3D and all I did was put it into the insert image box and it WAS there after I posted it. it was only after I went back to check rplies to the thread it was gone.
#21 Old 01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Maybe they don't allow remote linking of images. That's the same server the other person was using.

#22 Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

hm. will switch to flickr or something. Q: Why must pics be from a URL and not, say, uploaded from our compies? is that just a software thing?
#23 Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator

You should be able to upload pictures to VB from your computer when you use the advanced reply.

#24 Old 01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

*GASP* Wow I feel stupid.
#25 Old 01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator

When you post a blog it's easiest to do it from another site like Flickr. I signed up for an account with one of them just for that purpose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page