Notifications - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Up at the top, it said earlier I had two visitor messages, I went, there was one new one, then the notification was still there, but for 1 new visitor message, so I clicked it, and it was still the same one, and the notification won't go away.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

No help?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#3 Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Banned

i'm guessing you've refreshed the screen by now... the notification is still there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Yep, for three days now.

Quote:
#5 Old 12-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Banned

is it gone now, by any chance? i did something sneaky and mod-like.
#6 Old 12-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

it is it is! hooray for sneaky mod things!

Quote:
#7 Old 12-25-2009, 10:34 AM

hcj can have her cape now.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#8 Old 12-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Veggie Regular

As long as we're on the subject of notifications, before the upgrade, there used to be a tally in the upper right hand corner of the screen telling me how many messages I had both in my inbox and my sent folder, total. But since the upgrade, that information is missing. Now I have to click on my inbox to see how many messages I have, and then click on my sent folder to see, and count them. It was easier before, and nice to know how many I had, which helped me delete some to keep my inbox from getting too full.

Any chance that feature will come back?

*this space not for sale*
#9 Old 12-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricGaia View Post

it is it is! hooray for sneaky mod things!

cool cool!

i think the problem is... you know that you have to veiw the message to make the notification go away, right?.... well, as well as the message that you could see, there was also a deleted duplicate of it, which is still theoretically there, just out of sight. and cos that one was deleted you couldn't veiw it, and so the notification wouldn't go.

luckily it wasn't super duper deleted, just kinda a bit deleted- so i saw it, and with my modly powers i totally annihilated it out of existance- off the boards forever, and removed every trace of its existance, thereby ending the dreadful feedback loopy thing of doom.

so yeah. we should perhaps note this as a glitch with the new upgrade. thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

hcj can have her cape now.

pink please. with silver stars. thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page